• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/9 GDT Trolley Dodgers @ Giants

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Zito coming out the Pen plainly doesn't work. Maybe the Giants could piggy back Zito and Volgy, but they would never do that.

Zito starts game 4 with a 3-0 series lead (or maybe game 5 with a 3-1 series lead)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogelsong starts tomorrow with a 10+ era last 5 games. Shake it off young man, suck in your gut, straighten your back, hold your head up and blow those Rox down.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great series this weekend, with some luck on our side (Kemp, Kershaw out). I think we can start to breathe easy now, with so few games left and the tougher LA schedule, we're probably going to win this division. Hopefully we lead by 4 heading to LA at the end of the year so we can truly relax, they will still be fighting for a wild card.

Zito revives the debate: who gets left off the playoff roster, him or Tim? And does Vogelsong enter that debate if he keeps stinking it up this month?

Might be a matter of the opponent, Zito might get the nod if we face the Braves.

Looking at the schedule, I think we'll clinch at home before we head out on the last roadie to SD and LA. Those six games might just end up being late season exhibitions.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the schedule, I think we'll clinch at home before we head out on the last roadie to SD and LA. Those six games might just end up being late season exhibitions.

Only team the Giants face down the stretch that is presently above .500: The Doyers.

Yep, hopefully the division is ours by then, and the only question becomes: Can we eliminate The Dodgers from the Wild Card on their field?

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zito revives the debate: who gets left off the playoff roster, him or Tim? And does Vogelsong enter that debate if he keeps stinking it up this month?

Might be a matter of the opponent, Zito might get the nod if we face the Braves.

I'd keep both of them. The Giants don't really have 7 lights-out relievers, and I'd pitch one or the other out of the 'pen, depending on the situation. I wouldn't really want either coming in mid-inning with runners on, but either could start the 7th or 8th and finish out a game.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we clench the div before SD would be nice to see what the minor leaguers can bring while in SD, but as long as the dogs have a chance to make the wild-card, we should start our best players. Fuck the Dodgers.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think Timmy gets left off the playoff roster, then you are not paying attention to the second half stats:

San Francisco Giants 2012 Pitching Statistics - ESPN

I think all the starters make the roster, and Vogey becomes the long reliever. And it will also be very situational.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In the Platonic ideal of statistical decisions (i.e. in a videogame), it is. In the world of Sabean being lambasted for leaving Mr. Cy Young/2010 hero/marketing juggernaut off the roster if he's pitching even semi-decently?

Not to mention how that affects said pitcher's head...Zito gets props for taking it like a man in 2010, but it wasn't even a debate, he was awful and there were 4 clearly better guys. But this year would Tim handle that so well? Would Vogey?

LOL. Come on man, what do I have to do for you to get my humor/sarcasm?