• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers NFL Draft : Chat

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post became a dumpster fire after you proclaimed Steve Young better than Joe Montana:L

I have actually come across many who feel the same way...

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone was wondering

QB - (DJ, UK, 500, Gold, Ritz, Nos, WLK, Jeffro)
RB - (Gold, WLK, UK, DJ, Ritz, 500, Nos, Jeffro)
WR/TE - (Nos, Jeffro, Gold, DJ, 500, WLK, Ritz, UK)
OL - (DJ, Ritz, Gold, Nos, WLK, 500, Jeffro, UK)
DF7 - (Jeffro, WLK, UK, 500, Nos, Ritz, DJ, Gold)
DB - (500, Nos, UK, WLK, DJ, Jeffro, Gold, Ritz)

Wait Steve Young is better than Joe Montana? No one is better than Joe. He is the best QB in the history of the NFL. When Brady retires he won't even pass Joe on my list. Not sure how I have the worst from 7. I would say myself, Ritz and UK have the top 3 front 7. I mean I have Kevin Greene who has 160 sacks 3rd all time in NFL history. Jessie Tuggle had the most tackles from 1990-1999. He was very Luke Kuechly like during that era. I also have 2 HOFers in Howie Long and Charles Haley. I also have Bob Baumhower who would get double and tripled teamed as a NT. Robert Brazile who was a beast OLB and great coming around the edge. You don't see all his sacks cuz they didn't start keep track until 1982. My worst player is Chris Spielman who was a solid player in the early 90s.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I love all this passion! I'm glad for once it's not me bitchin about something... lolzzz

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I love all this passion! I'm glad for once it's not me bitchin about something... lolzzz

I'm very passionate about football. It's the only sport I really care about. NBA is ok these days and I don't follow MLB at all. NHL games are fun to go to but I really don't care about it either. Soon as the NFL season is over I feel bored just waiting for it to comeback. Even during the offseason I watch NFL Network everyday. I can't get enough of football. It's a religion to me lol.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's WLK with his rankings?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Steve Young is better than Joe Montana? No one is better than Joe. He is the best QB in the history of the NFL. When Brady retires he won't even pass Joe on my list. Not sure how I have the worst from 7. I would say myself, Ritz and UK have the top 3 front 7. I mean I have Kevin Greene who has 160 sacks 3rd all time in NFL history. Jessie Tuggle had the most tackles from 1990-1999. He was very Luke Kuechly like during that era. I also have 2 HOFers in Howie Long and Charles Haley. I also have Bob Baumhower who would get double and tripled teamed as a NT. Robert Brazile who was a beast OLB and great coming around the edge. You don't see all his sacks cuz they didn't start keep track until 1982. My worst player is Chris Spielman who was a solid player in the early 90s.

1) Yes, I put Steve Young ahead of Joe Montana. I know it's controversial to some, but Young has the numbers to at least be seriously discussed. I feel that Montana and Young are very close as passer, with Montana having a slight edge, but Young's mobility adds a dimension to his game that Montana doesn't have.

2) Kevin Green ended up 2nd among OLB, while Tuggle was 4th among ILB/MLBs. Your LBs came out 3rd.

3) Yes, Long and Haley are both in the hall, but I have always wondered why. Howie was good for 3 years and then was mostly average the rest of his career. If Haley isn't a contributor for 5 Super Bowl teams, even with his numbers, would he have gotten in? I don't think he would have had he played for anyone other than SF and Dallas.

Now, to be entirely honest, Howie Long took a massive hit due to what I assume was a typo, but I had no idea where it happened and it took so long to do this as it was that I decided to just run with it. I just wasn't gonna take another hour or so to rework the defensive line. But, even if he moves to the #1 DE spot (which wouldn't have happened with Smith, White and Doleman) it would have moved you up only a couple spots on the list.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Yes, I put Steve Young ahead of Joe Montana. I know it's controversial to some, but Young has the numbers to at least be seriously discussed. I feel that Montana and Young are very close as passer, with Montana having a slight edge, but Young's mobility adds a dimension to his game that Montana doesn't have.

2) Kevin Green ended up 2nd among OLB, while Tuggle was 4th among ILB/MLBs. Your LBs came out 3rd.

3) Yes, Long and Haley are both in the hall, but I have always wondered why. Howie was good for 3 years and then was mostly average the rest of his career. If Haley isn't a contributor for 5 Super Bowl teams, even with his numbers, would he have gotten in? I don't think he would have had he played for anyone other than SF and Dallas.

Now, to be entirely honest, Howie Long took a massive hit due to what I assume was a typo, but I had no idea where it happened and it took so long to do this as it was that I decided to just run with it. I just wasn't gonna take another hour or so to rework the defensive line. But, even if he moves to the #1 DE spot (which wouldn't have happened with Smith, White and Doleman) it would have moved you up only a couple spots on the list.
1) Absurd
2) Absurd. Derrick Thomas was twice as good as Kevin Greene(only one LT)
3) Haley was a 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE. It's like putting Clay Matthews in JJ Watts position

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case anyone was wondering

QB - (DJ, UK, 500, Gold, Ritz, Nos, WLK, Jeffro)
RB - (Gold, WLK, UK, DJ, Ritz, 500, Nos, Jeffro)
WR/TE - (Nos, Jeffro, Gold, DJ, 500, WLK, Ritz, UK)
OL - (DJ, Ritz, Gold, Nos, WLK, 500, Jeffro, UK)
DF7 - (Jeffro, WLK, UK, 500, Nos, Ritz, DJ, Gold)
DB - (500, Nos, UK, WLK, DJ, Jeffro, Gold, Ritz)

Wow. You aren't high on Jim Kelly or Eric Dickerson at all, are you?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Absurd
2) Absurd. Derrick Thomas was twice as good as Kevin Greene(only one LT)
3) Haley was a 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE. It's like putting Clay Matthews in JJ Watts position

1) What's so absurd about it?

2) I maybe should have mentioned that the rankings were numbers based (longevity, stats, accolades, best season, etc.). Greene's career numbers and longevity were good enough to make up for not having as high a peak as others. Once the numbers were in I didn't even know who finished where (I didn't even know Greene was #2 until I cross checked it last night for the response to Gold). The system has many flaws, but IMO it is at least as good as staring at a list of names and trying to see who's is better when I either don't know or can't remember who 1/3 of the players were.

3) I had thought of that, but using profootballreference.com, it listed Haley as a DE in the 3-4 for his first 2 seasons, so I didn't mark him down for that. I didn't knock down anyone for playing a player out of position in the rankings, but the skill at which they played the position they are put in will be looked at for the voting.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't wanna do the matchups before we had all the rankings, WLK??? But I think i'm gonna have to!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You aren't high on Jim Kelly or Eric Dickerson at all, are you?

These are always hard, but it isn't that I dislike Kelly, he just happens to be against 7 other really great qbs.

Dickerson was 5th behind Payton, Allen, Sanders and Thomas.

I think the lesson here is to just keep the individual position rankings to myself, it appears to do nothing but tick people off.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) What's so absurd about it?

2) I maybe should have mentioned that the rankings were numbers based (longevity, stats, accolades, best season, etc.). Greene's career numbers and longevity were good enough to make up for not having as high a peak as others. Once the numbers were in I didn't even know who finished where (I didn't even know Greene was #2 until I cross checked it last night for the response to Gold). The system has many flaws, but IMO it is at least as good as staring at a list of names and trying to see who's is better when I either don't know or can't remember who 1/3 of the players were.

3) I had thought of that, but using profootballreference.com, it listed Haley as a DE in the 3-4 for his first 2 seasons, so I didn't mark him down for that. I didn't knock down anyone for playing a player out of position in the rankings, but the skill at which they played the position they are put in will be looked at for the voting.
I'm not trying to be overly critical of your team, but when teams are this close in talent, playing a guy in a position where he's overmatched is a tie breaker. The Montana/Young debate is absurd. They were on the same team lol. Who rode the bench?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I text WLK so i'll give him a bit to get me his rankings then i'll get the matchups posted...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Montana/Young debate is absurd. They were on the same team lol. Who rode the bench?

What does that matter? Crossing sports (cause it's a situation I know well), Edgar Martinez and Jim Pressley were on the same Mariner's teams and Pressley was the starter. Does that mean that Pressley is the better player that Martinez?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I text WLK so i'll give him a bit to get me his rankings then i'll get the matchups posted...
I say post the matchups, and just add WLK's votes in for when rankings are used as tiebreaker

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be overly critical of your team, but when teams are this close in talent, playing a guy in a position where he's overmatched is a tie breaker. The Montana/Young debate is absurd. They were on the same team lol. Who rode the bench?

drew Bledsoe is better than Tom Brady??