• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

8 HOFers NFL Draft : Chat

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why am I ranked low since I believe I have a great running game and front 7?
You do have a great front 7. But in terms of this draft I have u in the bottom 3 at WR, RB and QB. Your O-Line isn't bad but I wouldn't say it's the best in the draft.
Ritz, I assessed your team the same way. I graded your front 7 as the 2nd best in the league, but I graded your offense as next to last. Funny thing is that the person I graded as having the best front 7, I also graded as the worst offense.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to figure in Championships, the Broncos won because of TD no matter what you wanna think. Look at how Elway did in the Super Bowls prior to TD. Some of the worst games in Super Bowl history. Elway is loved for the drive and winning 2 at the end of his career even though you could have plugged in just about any QB on those teams and won.

In their two Super Bowl winning seasons which were 7 games total Elway completed about 55% of his passes for barely 200 yards per game and 6 TD's. TD averaged 5.6 yards per carry and scored 11 TD's. In other words Elway could just rely on his D and TD to carry the team and just try not to phuck anything up. I am honestly shocked people rank Elway so high...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need rankings from Stoke and WLK

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to know who im playing out of postion? Howie Long LDE, Bob Baumhower NT, Charles Haley RDE, Kevin Greene LOLB, Chris Spielman LILB, Jessie Tuggle RILB, Robert Brazile ROLB. Not sure if ur talking about any of the listed positions but everyone on my front 7 played at the right position. William "refrigerator" Perry would make for a great NT being 300+ pound but he played DT not NT.
You are playing Charles Haley, a 3-4 OLB at 5T DE in a 3-4. He's about 40-550 LB's undersized and would get destroyed in that role. He was a DE for the Cowboys in their 4-3 scheme. Sorry, it's what it is.

And....I'm afraid you are wrong about Perry as well. He didn't play in a 4-3, he played in Buddy Ryan's 46. Perry lined up head up or shade on the center, Dan Hampton and Steve McMichael lined up over the OG's, which is why Hampton is listed as a DT/DE. Richard Dent lined up shade OT, Wilbur Marshall and Otis Wilson lined up stand up same side oppo Dent, and the strong safety dropped down beside Singletary at LB giving an 8 man look. 6 guys came every play, all four down linemen and any 2 of the stand up guys. Google is your friend if you don't believe me:suds:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino > Elway and it's not close, it's like comparing Joe Montana to Christian Ponder! :heh:

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to figure in Championships, the Broncos won because of TD no matter what you wanna think. Look at how Elway did in the Super Bowls prior to TD. Some of the worst games in Super Bowl history. Elway is loved for the drive and winning 2 at the end of his career even though you could have plugged in just about any QB on those teams and won.

In their two Super Bowl winning seasons which were 7 games total Elway completed about 55% of his passes for barely 200 yards per game and 6 TD's. TD averaged 5.6 yards per carry and scored 11 TD's. In other words Elway could just rely on his D and TD to carry the team and just try not to phuck anything up. I am honestly shocked people rank Elway so high...

The teams Elway dragged to the Super Bowls early were like the Cleveland teams LeBron has dragged to the Finals. Also the Packers were big time favorites in that Super Bowl (yes still very painful)

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are playing Charles Haley, a 3-4 OLB at 5T DE in a 3-4. He's about 40-550 LB's undersized and would get destroyed in that role. He was a DE for the Cowboys in their 4-3 scheme. Sorry, it's what it is.

And....I'm afraid you are wrong about Perry as well. He didn't play in a 4-3, he played in Buddy Ryan's 46. Perry lined up head up or shade on the center, Dan Hampton and Steve McMichael lined up over the OG's, which is why Hampton is listed as a DT/DE. Richard Dent lined up shade OT, Wilbur Marshall and Otis Wilson lined up stand up same side oppo Dent, and the strong safety dropped down beside Singletary at LB giving an 8 man look. 6 guys came every play, all four down linemen and any 2 of the stand up guys. Google is your friend if you don't believe me:suds:

You know why it's called a 46? Or should I say who it's named for?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams Elway dragged to the Super Bowls early were like the Cleveland teams LeBron has dragged to the Finals. Also the Packers were big time favorites in that Super Bowl (yes still very painful)

Not true, those early Broncos teams had good defenses. And quit being greedy the Pack have enough!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested, here are some of my rankings broke down:
Best QB-UK
Worst QB- WLK
Best RB/FB- Jeffro
Worst RB/FB- Nos
Best WR/TE- Jeffro
Worst WR/TE- WLK
Best OL- WLK
Worst OL- Pack 500
Best DL- Pack 500
Worst DL- Stoke/DJ
Best LB- Ritz
Worst LB- Stoke/DJ
Best DB- Nos
Worst DB- Gold

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better not have googled that! lolzzz

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true, those early Broncos teams had good defenses. And quit being greedy the Pack have enough!

I was stunned they lost that one. Never thought they would. And those defenses sure as hell didn't show up in those Super Bowls either

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best QB-UK
Worst QB- WLK
Best RB/FB- Jeffro
Worst RB/FB- Nos
Best WR/TE- Jeffro
Worst WR/TE- WLK
Best OL- WLK
Worst OL- Pack 500
Best DL- Pack 500
Worst DL- Stoke/DJ
Best LB- Ritz
Worst LB- Stoke/DJ
Best DB- Nos
Worst DB- Gold

I'll take umbrage. Lomas Brown 7 pro bowls Rich Saul 6 Hannah best guard of all time and Nate Newton was awesome as well. Not saying it's one of the best but I think I got good value

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was stunned they lost that one. Never thought they would. And those defenses sure as hell didn't show up in those Super Bowls either

Yeah but Elway completed about 40% of his passes in those 3 Super Bowls 2 TD's and 6 INT's.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haley might of been better as a 3-4 OLB but I believe he could play as a 3-4 DE too. He played as a DE for the 49ers for a few years. Now onto the 46 defense. He might of lined up or just a shade over from the center but he still wasn't a NT. Was there 3 down lineman or 4? They still had 2 DEs and 2 DTs. Sorry no NT points for you lol.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haley might of been better as a 3-4 OLB but I believe he could play as a 3-4 DE too. He played as a DE for the 49ers for a few years. Now onto the 46 defense. He might of lined up or just a shade over from the center but he still wasn't a NT. Was there 3 down lineman or 4? They still had 2 DEs and 2 DTs. Sorry no NT points for you lol.
Sour grape it all you want to. Lining up over the venter is a NT. Plus, he was 330 LB's. As a Cowboys fan, I can promise you Haley would get squashed like a grape as a 5T. Because of alignment, the 5T is often doubled by the OT and TE in the run game. Good luck with that

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better not have googled that! lolzzz
I'm 46, same as you...remember? 5 greatest defenses for me(that I saw), in order

Steel Curtain
Ryan Bears
Reggie/Jerome Eagles
Lewis/Reed Ravens
Legion of Boom

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 46, same as you...remember? 5 greatest defenses for me(that I saw), in order

Steel Curtain
Ryan Bears
Reggie/Jerome Eagles
Lewis/Reed Ravens
Legion of Boom

I thought we were friends! Purple people eaters?

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best QB-UK
Worst QB- WLK
Best RB/FB- Jeffro
Worst RB/FB- Nos
Best WR/TE- Jeffro
Worst WR/TE- WLK
Best OL- WLK
Worst OL- Pack 500
Best DL- Pack 500
Worst DL- Stoke/DJ
Best LB- Ritz
Worst LB- Stoke/DJ
Best DB- Nos
Worst DB- Gold

What I have different.

Best QB-UK
Worst QB- WLK
Best RB/FB- Gold
Worst RB/FB- Nos
Best WR/TE- Jeffro
Worst WR/TE- WLK
Best OL- WLK
Worst OL- Pack 500
Best DL- Pack 500
Worst DL- Stoke/DJ
Best LB- Ritz
Worst LB- Stoke/DJ
Best DB- Nos
Worst DB- WLK

I feel like Im #6 at DB with Ritz #7 and WLK #8. Louis Wright, Nolan Cromwell and Cliff Harris are all on the all decade team. While I dont have a HOF DB I feel like I have good DBs who arent HOF caliber.