• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#3 Pick in my draft.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went all in on the Falcons last year, with Ryan and Julio on every team. I agree that their offense is awesome, but you need to be careful about over-drafting them because:

The play calling is still super conservative once they get a lead. I can't see that changing now that they have a legit RB. Although, there has been talk about opening the offense up every year, and it hasn't really happened. I have heard nothing of the sort this year, so does it finally happen?

Ryan had huge first halves last season as the Falcons built big leads and in the 2nd half they played it conservative. I think after the beat in the playoffs last season that the coaches have to ask least apply pressure to the end of the 3rd quarter and 2). Even with conservative play calling Matt Ryan still put up great numbers last season in the first halves of games. Jackson concerns me with more running plays at the goal line but Ryan has too many weapons that he can use. This team is young (besides RB) and is ready to go is my thought

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol..I like that you added the "just as likely to fail" part. My biggest concern to this supposed up tempo stuff is the QB play. Vick can't read a defense with a full play clock, and we think speeding it up will be better?? This is the main reason I think Foles will either win the job outright, or replace Vick very early in season. But, is Foles any better? No evidence to say he would..he had that deer in the headlights look for the majority of his PT last year. Hopefully, he progresses and it works.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody will win the job and defenses will have to adjust, I don't think they're ready for this offense just as we aren't until we see it. Once they get a couple looks at it (season or 2) we'll see things slowing down, but until then I think Eagles players (DeSean Jackson, McCoy) will put up some good numbers until the defense can get adjusted

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about taking Drew Brees.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Another suggestion...QB is deep this year but make sure you start monitoring the QB board in the 4th round.
In your real draft, all that waiting til the 6th, 7th round for a QB is RISKY.
You could get stuck with R.Wilson, Luck, Romo, or Rivers. They aren't terrible options(except Rivers) but you may have to take a good QB early. You would have still already landed two #1RBs and a #1WR.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take a QB in the top 15 TD's are only worth 4 points.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7NC, I'd listen to most of the suggestions, and not draft a QB first. There's a reason why the top of most ranking lists are loaded with the RB position. They touch the ball most. And waiting on one can weaken your team.

But it's your team. You should draft how you want to draft.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advise guise, your input is top notch and greatly appreciated. Still have 12 days to the draft, so far I'm going to take rb's in the first 2 rounds for sure, we have plenty of time to critique it and put it together right.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far I'm going to take rb's in the first 2 rounds for sure
However, don't reach for a RB just to take a RB. If you see a top wideout or an elite QB sitting there in the 2nd, don't hesitate to pull te trigger. Many times, a top wideout can gain u more points than a borderline #2/3 RB.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, don't reach for a RB just to take a RB. If you see a top wideout or an elite QB sitting there in the 2nd, don't hesitate to pull te trigger. Many times, a top wideout can gain u more points than a borderline #2/3 RB.

:agree:

RB first for sure, but be flexible after that. If the best RB in the 2nd round is MJD and the best WR is Dez Bryant, you take Bryant every time.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great advise guise, your input is top notch and greatly appreciated. Still have 12 days to the draft, so far I'm going to take rb's in the first 2 rounds for sure, we have plenty of time to critique it and put it together right.

So in a nutshell, just to quote the great Gen. George S. Patton............."No poor dumb bastard ever won his fantasy league by drafting a QB in the first round. He won it by letting the other poor dumb bastard draft his in the first round". Well, I think that was him said that..............

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really late getting in here, but there's not much I can add that hasn't been said. In a 10-team league, you do not draft a QB first...ever! If you started 3 WR, I would strongly consider Calvin, but since it's only 2, and you have a flex, you load up on the best RB's you can get, until you can't get them. It is so easy to fill 2 WR slots in a 10-teamer, it's almost funny. I wouldn't look at any other position until the RB's I'm staring at are the Jonathan Stewarts and Ryan Mathews of the world.

** of course, this is a strategy for early picking, as an argument can be had to go WR-WR at the back end and have two of the top three each week, then play matchups with the RB's and hit the waiver wire for the unknown gems... but I suppose there's no need of discussing that option.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in a nutshell, just to quote the great Gen. George S. Patton............."No poor dumb bastard ever won his fantasy league by drafting a QB in the first round. He won it by letting the other poor dumb bastard draft his in the first round". Well, I think that was him said that..............

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: