• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd MBBRL dynasty league

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to Quebec you will love it
We actually do have separatist government employees with badge and uniforms who do exactly that
The FN Language Police who shut down any use of the English Language in business that they deem to be inappropriate and that may compromise the promotion of their so called culture

We are a joke

It is at times like this that I wish we had a Federal Government that would arrest and process these idiots for treason

I don't like going places that start with Q...

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty bummed the original dynasty is going to be stagnant.

Not what I thought going in.

I understand that worry yet we only just completed year one

I think this offseason with all the banter and trades and current draft have been anything but boring
as a matter of fact this time period has been great

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that, unless you're referring to expansion. I think everyone kinda forgot to bring up any other topics for discussion until it was too late for this season.

We brought it up... just never discussed... there is a difference... and I am in a semantic mood...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We brought it up... just never discussed... there is a difference... and I am in a semantic mood...

Did we? I musta missed it. What did we bring up?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we? I musta missed it. What did we bring up?

I know I brought it up in the very beginning... But when we had people questioning whether they even wanted to play in a 14 team league, it was telling that the discussion would not have gone far, so it was never anything more than just a quick comment...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I brought it up in the very beginning... But when we had people questioning whether they even wanted to play in a 14 team league, it was telling that the discussion would not have gone far, so it was never anything more than just a quick comment...

No, I understand that expansion is out. I was referring to any other changes or proposals. Then again, there probably wouldn't have been any movement anyway.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I understand that expansion is out. I was referring to any other changes or proposals. Then again, there probably wouldn't have been any movement anyway.

well, Ive been throwing out ideas and getting shot down left and right... so we got that...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some thoughts

12-14 teams that agree to play under the rules already set for MBBRL. That way you could compare the two leagues, and/or have a week 17 championship game.

Not call it MBBRL and let Milk and me design a complex but fun scoring system.

Set it up like we did last year with votes and polls galore.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also love how chef now gives my posts cakes... only problem is that they are e-cakes... I want real cake!!! cant wait until computers have the peel and eat function...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk and cake go well together...and @obxyankeefan , I had it all set for him. No Shirt, No Shoes required.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some thoughts

12-14 teams that agree to play under the rules already set for MBBRL. That way you could compare the two leagues, and/or have a week 17 championship game.

Not call it MBBRL and let Milk and me design a complex but fun scoring system.

Set it up like we did last year with votes and polls galore.

Not sure why you guys would want to shake up the existing league scoring at this point - - we already voted, drafted, plotted, planned with the rules and scoring in place in mind. The 'new' league can setup whatever format desired by the majority (whomever that is).

If it is different from the existing, however, there can be no 'championship' game between the two. ... that just would not make any sense at all. ....

Drop the MBBRL designation - NEVER !!!!

I pretty bummed the original dynasty is going to be stagnant.

Not what I thought going in.

stag·nant
[ stag-n uhnt]
ADJECTIVE
1. not flowing or running, as water, air, etc.
2. stale or foul from standing, as a pool of water.
3. characterized by lack of development, advancement, or progressive movement: a stagnant economy.
4. inactive, sluggish, or dull.

Assume #3 is being applied. When you draft (develop/advance) every year and re-address potential changes, I wouldn't call it stagnant - just conservative. :suds:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you guys would want to shake up the existing league scoring at this point - - we already voted, drafted, plotted, planned with the rules and scoring in place in mind. The 'new' league can setup whatever format desired by the majority (whomever that is).

If it is different from the existing, however, there can be no 'championship' game between the two. ... that just would not make any sense at all. ....

Drop the MBBRL designation - NEVER !!!!

stag·nant
[ stag-n uhnt]
ADJECTIVE
1. not flowing or running, as water, air, etc.
2. stale or foul from standing, as a pool of water.
3. characterized by lack of development, advancement, or progressive movement: a stagnant economy.
4. inactive, sluggish, or dull.

Assume #3 is being applied. When you draft (develop/advance) every year and re-address potential changes, I wouldn't call it stagnant - just conservative. :suds:

I meant the second league in that post. I agree with you there should be no changes to the first league.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with lefty, that if we are doing a 2nd league and want the 2 winners to square off at the end of the season, all settings would need to be identical for my liking.

If we start a different dynasty league that has its own format, I'm still interested, as long as the scoring isn't too complex. I don't mind wrinkles, but once we start talking IDP and pass completions/incompletions, you've lost me.