• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2nd MBBRL dynasty league

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its odd. .I'd never consider it better, but it's great in its own way...especially when done right and not just a token 4 players

I'm still in the stage of IDP where I look at some of it as a pain in the ass. Probably gonna take me another season to get over that part.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its odd. .I'd never consider it better, but it's great in its own way...especially when done right and not just a token 4 players
MBBRL leagues are the only ones I'm in now that aren't IDP.

My money league has been for 17 years I believe. (We redraw for another, seperate defensive draft. Which includes a Team D. )

Some leagues are 9 starters, some 6 and one 11. Only four wouldn't be worth it. Too much on the wire that way.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MBBRL leagues are the only ones I'm in now that aren't IDP.

My money league has been for 17 years I believe. (We redraw for another, seperate defensive draft. Which includes a Team D. )

Some leagues are 9 starters, some 6 and one 11. Only four wouldn't be worth it. Too much on the wire that way.

IDK, what makes Fantasy football so great and so popular is that it is easy to understand... IDP makes it a lot of work, and complicates things... what is funny is how fantasy baseball has become less popular because of the work that owners have to do... IDP turns fantasy football into fantasy baseball IMO...

Now, with that said, i love fantasy baseball, so i would be game for IDP... but have never done one...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, what makes Fantasy football so great and so popular is that it is easy to understand... IDP makes it a lot of work, and complicates things... what is funny is how fantasy baseball has become less popular because of the work that owners have to do... IDP turns fantasy football into fantasy baseball IMO...

Now, with that said, i love fantasy baseball, so i would be game for IDP... but have never done one...
Id spit in Draft Kings eye, if it had an eye to spit in.

I talked to a bookmaker today who doesn't even MAKE bets anymore. Daily "legal" e'rything instead.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do appreciate the invite, but as far as doing a dynasty team I would not be interested. I put way too much time and effort into my leagues from August - December already. I don't need to add a league that you have to pay attention to all year long. Between the regular MBBRL, the suicide, the coma, my league, my Dad's league, and three other money leagues that I commit to every year, plus doing the recaps for the MBBRL (which I love doing, but it is time consuming) there's just not enough time to add another. Good luck though. Oh yeah this exact same logic goes for an IDP league as well.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id spit in Draft Kings eye, if it had an eye to spit in.

I talked to a bookmaker today who doesn't even MAKE bets anymore. Daily "legal" e'rything instead.
I would too..hate those daily sites and how they operate

And the endless stream of STUPID commercials

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My next true conquest will be super flex. Probably 2 years away from trying one of those for money though.
Gonna start pushing for more auction drafts over snake as well, so you can really target and get the guys you want, depending on your strategy.

If people are willing superflex(never been in a superflex) and auction(if not aution i'd prefer slow) are both pluses to me. The bigger the league is and the more bells and whistles it has the better imo. I was in a league last year that did 1 point for rushing and receiving first downs that i thought was pretty cool just throwing that out there as another option.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people are willing superflex(never been in a superflex) and auction(if not aution i'd prefer slow) are both pluses to me. The bigger the league is and the more bells and whistles it has the better imo. I was in a league last year that did 1 point for rushing and receiving first downs that i thought was pretty cool just throwing that out there as another option.

the more bells and whistles the more likely I am in for a 2nd MBBRL dynasty...

Only problem, is that I am one of the only people that like craziness in my fantasy soup... btw: how good does fantasy soup sound like... pretty sure there is unicorn meat in it...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually prefer points per first down over PPR and non PPR... Just think it makes more sense... But I don't know if I like a PPR AND a PPFD...

In my playoff league I do with MBBRLers, I found a QB scoring that I liked(unfortunately I think I was the only one who liked it)

30 points per passing yards
-1 per incomplete pass
+1 per passing first down
5 points per passing TD
-3 points per interception
-6 points per interception with TD

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually prefer points per first down over PPR and non PPR... Just think it makes more sense... But I don't know if I like a PPR AND a PPFD...

In my playoff league I do with MBBRLers, I found a QB scoring that I liked(unfortunately I think I was the only one who liked it)

-1 per incomplete pass
5 points per passing TD
30 pts per passing yard? You sure about that Clark?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some points in my view.

As most have stated... expansion, no.
Another league... of course! I wouldn't be out necessarily if needed.
IDP... was against this, but actually do like it. Lots of i's to dot and t's to cross in that scenario, but I've come around.
Super Flex... kind of with Treff here. I'd prefer a 2-QB league over that... and would demand QB points be cut to 1 point every 50 yards to start. Int's to -3 and pick-6's to -6. (but that's a whole other thread)
Auction... yes, have never done one, if you can believe that, but would like the challenge. Which leads to...

...a keeper system of who to keep for how much and how long with inflation? - or keeping players in a snake the round they were taken (with inflation so to speak as to rounds)... but I guess that's not dynasty but just wanted to express my want for that.

So yeah, maybe count me in to whatever is agreed upon, if the need arises.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-1 per incomplete pass
5 points per passing TD

The thing that sucks about the minus on an incompletion, imo, is the QB getting dinged for hitting a guy in the numbers when he drops it. Every positive gain on offense can be "what iffed" about a block, a missed tackle, or a fluky bounce. When you hit your target and the ball hits the ground, there's nothing really to defend that.

I suppose that happens so little that I shouldn't even bring it up... but here I am.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that sucks about the minus on an incompletion, imo, is the QB getting dinged for hitting a guy in the numbers when he drops it. Every positive gain on offense can be "what iffed" about a block, a missed tackle, or a fluky bounce. When you hit your target and the ball hits the ground, there's nothing really to defend that.

I suppose that happens so little that I shouldn't even bring it up... but here I am.

QBs in fantasy though are the most unjustly awarded points... a QB can have a terrible game and still score 20+ points... penalizing for incompletions is the best way I see to fix that problem... and then by awarding all first downs now you are measuring efficiency too...

the real problem with my qb points system is the QB who has a GREAT game... they get way too many points... But that doesn't happen often at all...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs in fantasy though are the most unjustly awarded points... a QB can have a terrible game and still score 20+ points... penalizing for incompletions is the best way I see to fix that problem... and then by awarding all first downs now you are measuring efficiency too...

the real problem with my qb points system is the QB who has a GREAT game... they get way too many points... But that doesn't happen often at all...

I like the first down thing.

As for the points... that's why I really think it should be point per 50 yards passing.

A QB who finishes with 250 yards 0-0, should not have 10 points imo. 5 seems more appropriate. Equivalent to 50 yards rushing/receiving don't ya think?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As for the points... that's why I really think it should be point per 50 yards passing.

A QB who finishes with 250 yards 0-0, should not have 10 points imo. 6 seems more appropriate. Equivalent to 60 yards rushing/receiving don't ya think?

with superflex, sure... I don't mind QB being the highest scoring position though... even in superflex I think a QB should be the default, but you shouldn't be penalized for not starting one...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A QB who finishes with 250 yards 0-0, should not have 10 points imo. 5 seems more appropriate. Equivalent to 50 yards rushing/receiving don't ya think?
I like leagues that set a minimum platform and then incremental points. .such as

0-199 yds = 0
Then 1 point every 20 or 30, or whatever

A QB that doesn't hit 200 doesn't deserve a point in my book. And if your guy gets hurt before he his 200, your screwed anyways

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like leagues that set a minimum platform and then incremental points. .such as

0-199 yds = 0
Then 1 point every 20 or 30, or whatever

A QB that doesn't hit 200 doesn't deserve a point in my book. And if your guy gets hurt before he his 200, your screwed anyways

doesn't really solve the problem though... the more yards you throw for the bigger bonus you get

would probably work better in reverse...

you get one point per 20 yards until 300 yards and then you get one point every 50 yards..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't really solve the problem though... the more yards you throw for the bigger bonus you get

would probably work better in reverse...

you get one point per 20 yards until 300 yards and then you get one point every 50 yards..
How doesn't it? A worthless start by a QB in mine gets zero, .as he should. .yours he can still get 9..solved the problem mighty damned good