• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

24 (Jack Bauer TV series)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"24" can't be done in 12 hours... obviously. Especially when introducing new characters. "Season 9" with Kate was good... but rushed, and the only reason it "worked" was because of Jack. But Kate and that office absolutely should have been the next season. There were plenty of directions they could have picked up from that season.

I think they rushed the Audrey killing, and her husband's story line.

This new season, with all new characters (less Tony), was rushed the whole way through.

Still better than most shows on today, imo.

I'm shocked Kiefer would rather play the POTUS in his new show over JB.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the rushed season, but to me that is why the whole side story of the drug dealer brother with the uglier girl leaving him to marry his brother and him pining for her when the chick he was with was more into his life did not work, just like this run on sentence.

If it was all police work with no side story it could have worked.

Its not like before when we wanted to see the girl next door each and every week.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a goofy question but is CTU the key part of the show or is the real time element the key. Or both? Because it's always at CTU they repeat themselves a lot? Could they do a real time story unrelated to CTU?

Good question. CTU involvement is probably more key at this point in time because it establishes a (tenuous) connection to the previous Jack Bauer storylines; regardless of what Jack was doing, CTU was almost always involved to some degree. The last season to feature Jack Bauer was only 12 episodes long, with the final episode featuring a 12 hour jump to the end of the 24-hour "day." From what I recall, CTU involvement was pretty much non-existent, but there were quite a few returning characters from previous seasons, including Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brien. With at least the Jack Bauer character involved, it's still 24. Without the Jack Bauer character, having CTU involved in whatever is happening is pretty much the only thing that lets producers get away with the concept of a spin-off.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6/7: 24: Legacy (Fox) canceled after 1 season. Fox is exploring the possibility of continuing the 24 franchise with a different series at a later date.
I thought they did a decent job. I wonder if cord cutters dropped the live ratings lower than what the execs wanted to see.