• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Ollie Gordon, RB, Oklahoma State
Omarion Hampton, RB, North Carolina
Damien Martinez, RB Oregon State
Xavier Restrepo, WR, Miami

Some of my favorite players to watch in college football.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Ollie Gordon, RB, Oklahoma State
Omarion Hampton, RB, North Carolina
Damien Martinez, RB Oregon State
Xavier Restrepo, WR, Miami

Some of my favorite players to watch in college football.
woah nellie, no defensive backs ???

Has an imposter taken over DC's account ?!?!?!?!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I write this, the Broncos sit at #8 in the draft

If they picked Brock Bowers, how would y'all feel ??

Drew Brees, three offensive linemen and Jimmy Graham were the pro bowlers/all pros in the Saints' historic 2011 offense .. no defensive players, no WRs and no RBs .. yet they set NFL records for points, yardage, etc

Top 10 is high for a TE, but if our O had a big time pass catching TE, it would take off .. I see Bowers as a much tougher player and better blocker than Dulcich or Noah Fant ... Fant, btw, looks bigger and stronger now with the Hawks .. Bowers is not the one dimensional player Julius Thomas was ...

When was the last time the Broncos had a TE that opposing defenses needed to focus on ??

Owen Daniels was a good TE, a SB champ but no team feared facing Owen Daniels on Sunday

Outside of the top 5, there are a ton of players that could justifiably be taken picks 8-20 ... We picked Jerry Jeudy at 15 and everyone was ecstatic ... I think Bowers will have a bigger impact on whatever team he goes to, esp if that team has a mind like Sean Payton

Does Bowers go in the mid to late 1st ?? ... Perhaps the Broncos continue their winning ways and if so, have a pick that is 15-20 and if Bowers is there, I'd really like to see them pick him

His ankle will keep him sidelined another 4-6 weeks

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is top 10 talent all day. Id love him if that was the choice.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ok with Bowers as the TE cabinet is bare but really want the Broncos to invest in the lines on both sides of the ball.
This is where I am. That or if the right QB is there.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the medical history of drafted Bronco TEs recently - I wouldn't answer the phone during a Broncos draft pick.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember. Draft is for BPA... Free Agency is for need.

Obviously we can only discuss the draft right now not knowing what will happen in FA but it will become more clear in the offseason.

I think safety is a position we need to look at in FA or the draft. We have some depth there but with Kareem likely gone after this year we need to be sure we have someone who can start there next year. Skinner is getting a redshirt this year so we don't know what his role will be next year. Turner-Yell is our second best special teamer to Tremon Smith, so he sticks around and provides depth. We will find out this year if Locke can start next year but guessing he is more of a #3 S.

On D I am looking at Pass rush and S.

On offense I am still open to WR help with Jeudy and Sutton still having a lot to prove to me that they can be what we hope they can be.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember. Draft is for BPA... Free Agency is for need.

Obviously we can only discuss the draft right now not knowing what will happen in FA but it will become more clear in the offseason.

I think safety is a position we need to look at in FA or the draft. We have some depth there but with Kareem likely gone after this year we need to be sure we have someone who can start there next year. Skinner is getting a redshirt this year so we don't know what his role will be next year. Turner-Yell is our second best special teamer to Tremon Smith, so he sticks around and provides depth. We will find out this year if Locke can start next year but guessing he is more of a #3 S.

On D I am looking at Pass rush and S.

On offense I am still open to WR help with Jeudy and Sutton still having a lot to prove to me that they can be what we hope they can be.
I don't think I've seen a ST player with the speed and tackling ability that Tremon Smith shows. He tackles return men like a vet putting old dogs to sleep.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've seen a ST player with the speed and tackling ability that Tremon Smith shows. He tackles return men like a vet putting old dogs to sleep.

Dude has also played some RB in the NFL and was a solid KR at one point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Nix is really winning me over. He makes quick and quality decisions after the snap. He has really developed as a passer since I last watched him play at Auburn.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really just about down to Bowers, Fashanu, Alt, Verse or McCarthy in about that order. The more we drop and the fewer options are available for a great young qb of the future, the less I care. We drop out of the top 8 and I'll probably start caring less.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayden Daniels buzz is really picking up steam with all the new mocks having him in the first round. Watching a ton of LSU games I saw the light come on for him late last year and man he exploded this year. Does he add a Heisman to his resume? I think he will. To me he is a twitchier Hurts with a lot going for him. He has the height, good release, great athlete and has had a ton of experience starting in college which seams to be something that is emerging as a significant factor for success. His slight frame and hits he takes worries me a bit in the NFL but I think he could be a very good NFL QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really just about down to Bowers, Fashanu, Alt, Verse or McCarthy in about that order. The more we drop and the fewer options are available for a great young qb of the future, the less I care. We drop out of the top 8 and I'll probably start caring less.

and a month later you don't have to worry about deciding between any of these guys minus a trade up.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a month later you don't have to worry about deciding between any of these guys minus a trade up.
Verse has fallen a bit, and there's questions about McCarthy (when arent there questions about qb's), so both could still wind up at 18 or so.

We aren't making the playoffs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jayden Daniels buzz is really picking up steam with all the new mocks having him in the first round. Watching a ton of LSU games I saw the light come on for him late last year and man he exploded this year. Does he add a Heisman to his resume? I think he will. To me he is a twitchier Hurts with a lot going for him. He has the height, good release, great athlete and has had a ton of experience starting in college which seams to be something that is emerging as a significant factor for success. His slight frame and hits he takes worries me a bit in the NFL but I think he could be a very good NFL QB.
I think with Daniels you're going to see some teams in the pick 5, 6, 7 range who really need a QB but wont be able to get the top 2. I also think teams are going to find it impossible to trade up if Harrison is also seen as a prize. Or if a team needs an OT.

When you see such massive improvement in college then I do think that warrants a top 10 pick. LSU's defense was bad this year and they still won a lot of games. Without knowing the exact teams drafting, my guess the top of the draft will look something like:

1) Caleb Williams/Maye
2) Drake Maye/Williams
3) Marvin Harrison Jr
4) Fashanu/Daniels
5) Daniels/Fashanu