• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the intriguing stuff is starting. NFLHeroics.com (Really???) is reporting That Sean Peyton is extremely frustrated with one Russell Wilson's performance and attitude that he's made several "welcoming" and "friendly calls" to Jerod Mayo. One source has told them that the calls were also to establish real communication about sending Wilson to New England straight up for Mac Jones.

Reportedly, Jerod thanked him for the offer but said that Wilson's 5 year $242.6M contract was worse than putting Mac back in as the starter.
Here's the breakdown that the Broncos are chewing on:
2024 Salary = $17M Cap Hit = $35.4M
2025 Salary = $37M Cap Hit = $55.4M
2026 Salary = $40M Cap Hit = $58.4M
2027 Salary = $40M Cap Hit = $53.4M
2028 Salary = $40M Cap Hit = $54.4M

Peyton and the Broncos are supposedly willing to eat part of it, even th $37M guarantee that he has if he can't pass a physical next year. Why the hell would anyone have a contract that would guarantee money three years from the signing of a new contract unless they knew something that no one else knows. Talk about a poison pill.

Hell, I'd keep Mac before trying to bring on that contract or locker room problem.

Stories like this are so stupid. Yeah… I’m sure after the phone calls between Mayo and Peyton, Mayo “reportedly” told people of his private conversations . Just completely made up crap.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tom Giles of NBC Sports Boston, the Patriots are waiting for the Raiders to announce that they are waiving Jimmy Garaoppollo. He will be suspended for the first two games of the 2024 for taking restricted stuff. He was getting $24.5M from the Raiders and would have to cough up $11.5M with the suspension.

From this point on, everything is pure conjecture. It is believed that the Patriots would sign him for somewhere between $15M-$20M for 2024. They will also keep Zappe. Signing JG would give them a bridge QB for 2024 and 2025 and allow Mayo and Wolfe to rebuild the team and get a QB either in FA or the 2026 draft. Having JG would also allow them to be at least somewhat competitive. One other possibility is that Nix or McCarthy fall to the 3rd round this year and they could snag a possible QB for the future.

It would also allow the Patriots to threaten to draft MHJ and start a bidding war. They might even be able to get Arizona to give #4 and #27 in the 1st round and possibly more or get a real windfall from the Bears and get #9 plus a second and a 2025 first round.

Like I said, it's 100% conjecture but with so much going on behind the scenes and teams about to offload big contracts, the Patriots could be sitting in the catbird seat.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the intriguing stuff is starting. NFLHeroics.com (Really???) is reporting That Sean Peyton is extremely frustrated with one Russell Wilson's performance and attitude that he's made several "welcoming" and "friendly calls" to Jerod Mayo. One source has told them that the calls were also to establish real communication about sending Wilson to New England straight up for Mac Jones.

Reportedly, Jerod thanked him for the offer but said that Wilson's 5 year $242.6M contract was worse than putting Mac back in as the starter.
Here's the breakdown that the Broncos are chewing on:
2024 Salary = $17M Cap Hit = $35.4M
2025 Salary = $37M Cap Hit = $55.4M
2026 Salary = $40M Cap Hit = $58.4M
2027 Salary = $40M Cap Hit = $53.4M
2028 Salary = $40M Cap Hit = $54.4M

Peyton and the Broncos are supposedly willing to eat part of it, even th $37M guarantee that he has if he can't pass a physical next year. Why the hell would anyone have a contract that would guarantee money three years from the signing of a new contract unless they knew something that no one else knows. Talk about a poison pill.

Hell, I'd keep Mac before trying to bring on that contract or locker room problem.
I forget, did Peyton bring on Wilson or did he inherit him?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. One other possibility is that Nix or McCarthy fall to the 3rd round this year and they could snag a possible QB for the future.

LMAO!! McCarthy will go middle of the first round. Nix middle first top of second. But I guess if one of them were to lose their throwing hand in a chainsaw accident, slipping to the third round could happen.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_3498.jpeg

That’s just flat out bad drafting.

If Belichick had actually let someone draft who knew what they were doing we might have had a few more Superbowl wins. I know that’s greedy but oh well.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Jimmy Garoppolo is being suspended two games for violating the NFL’s performance enhancing substances policy.
Per Schefter, Garoppolo is not expected to appeal his suspension. According to the report, Garoppolo used prescribed medication without having “a valid Therapeutic Use Exemption.” The veteran quarterback is expected to be released by the Raiders before the fifth day of the new league year in March, getting the Raiders off the hook for an $11.25 million roster bonus he’s due to earn. Garoppolo signed a three-year, $72.750 million deal with the Raiders last offseason and played in a whopping seven games while throwing for 1,205-7-9. He was eventually benched for rookie Aidan O’Connell and will now be free to sign with any team. In his first year outside of Kyle Shanahan’s system, Garoppolo struggled to replicate the success he enjoyed with San Francisco from 2017-2022. It’s possible he will catch on with a team desperate for a starter, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Garoppolo in a backup role for the 2024 season.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Mike Reiss believes the Patriots could use the franchise tag on Kyle Dugger this offseason.
According to Reiss, a franchise tag on Dugger would cost the Pats about $16 million while also buying the team more time to work on an extension for the former second-round pick. Dugger was selected by the Patriots in the 2020 NFL Draft and has totaled 343 tackles, nine interceptions, and two fumble recoveries over the last four seasons. In addition to Dugger, the Patriots also have to figure out what to do with impending free agents Josh Uche, Anfernee Jennings, and Christian Barmore, but Reiss suggests Dugger will be the preferred player for the tag.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots released S Adrian Phillips.
Phillips joined the Patriots in 2020 and has totaled 284 tackles, six interceptions, and 16 pass breakups in 67 games. The former All-Pro has been slowly phased out of the Patriots’ defense in recent years, starting just one of the 34 games he appeared in over the last two seasons. Phillips will be 32 at the start of next season and is on the back nine of his career, but could still provide a veteran presence for a secondary in need of some depth.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tom Giles of NBC Sports Boston, the Patriots are waiting for the Raiders to announce that they are waiving Jimmy Garaoppollo. He will be suspended for the first two games of the 2024 for taking restricted stuff. He was getting $24.5M from the Raiders and would have to cough up $11.5M with the suspension.

From this point on, everything is pure conjecture. It is believed that the Patriots would sign him for somewhere between $15M-$20M for 2024. They will also keep Zappe. Signing JG would give them a bridge QB for 2024 and 2025 and allow Mayo and Wolfe to rebuild the team and get a QB either in FA or the 2026 draft. Having JG would also allow them to be at least somewhat competitive. One other possibility is that Nix or McCarthy fall to the 3rd round this year and they could snag a possible QB for the future.

It would also allow the Patriots to threaten to draft MHJ and start a bidding war. They might even be able to get Arizona to give #4 and #27 in the 1st round and possibly more or get a real windfall from the Bears and get #9 plus a second and a 2025 first round.

Like I said, it's 100% conjecture but with so much going on behind the scenes and teams about to offload big contracts, the Patriots could be sitting in the catbird seat.
Why would we sign him? So far we are linked to Jimmy G, Wilson, Fields am I missing anyone?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco are mentioned in as much of the media garbage about QBs as the Patriots. Without question they will be jetisoning Russell Wilson and his deadly contract, so they're going to have a few bucks to look at free agent QBs.

Vikings have said that they will not give Cousins another guaranteed contract because of his age and 2023 injury.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we sign him? So far we are linked to Jimmy G, Wilson, Fields am I missing anyone?

Yes, we're trading with the Vikings for Cousins. Or maybe we're not.

We're also trading up to the #1 pick and taking Williams. Or maybe we're not.

Or maybe sitting tight and taking Maye or Daniels with #3. Or maybe not.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we're trading with the Vikings for Cousins. Or maybe we're not.

We're also trading up to the #1 pick and taking Williams. Or maybe we're not.

Or maybe sitting tight and taking Maye or Daniels with #3. Or maybe not.
Maye is my person of interest, then Damniels