• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency and Free Agents Signings

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolfe has to be thinking like his father. The Packers are always in the hunt and rarely have been at the bottom. They've won their share of Super Bowls and lost a few. His father rarely, if ever spent on big name free agents except for Reggie White.

Remember this....Wolfe does not have this job ......YET. Kraft said about a month ago that he and Johnathan would review the front office after the draft and make their final decisions. Wolfe is being very careful not to repeat 2022 and BB's spending for literally nothing.

His actions of keeping as many Patriots in the fold as possible is 'good' but it doesn't change the structure. He needs to get a LT, a CB, and a couple of WRs who will step in an displace TT and Bourke. Jonah Williams, Stephon Gilmore, Marquis Brown, Tyler Boyd, TJ Osborn would fit in and then they could draft a QB at #3 and big WR at #34. Then pick up a couple of young OTs.

It looks pretty simple from where we all sit, but convincing those guys to come to Foxboro, even for a hefty paycheck, may not be.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more the C to C- mindset. Yes we kept some pieces but how did that make the team any better. We are losing a starting LT and brough in a guy that lost his job to a rookie and who may be best suited for RT or a depth role. No WRs to make the team better and no upgrade at QB.

Perhaps the idea is to retain quality and build through the draft. There is depth a OT QB and WR
Okafor did lose his job but it was to a 1st round draft pick. Not some smuck. Anything is an upgrade to the turnstyle they put out there last year.

Austin is better than Giesiki.

They added depth at RB considering they had none.

Got rid of some cancer opening up other spots.

They didn't lose anyone that mattered. Unlike many teams.

FA is still not over.

I'm holding judgement.

Plus we have the draft.

Sure like everyone I was hoping for the big splash. That just anticipation. We've seen big names come and go. They don't always pan out. How many teams have gone and signed big name wide recievers who have not gotten them to the promise land? NE had/has a lot of holes to fill. It takes time and patience.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor did lose his job but it was to a 1st round draft pick. Not some smuck. Anything is an upgrade to the turnstyle they put out there last year.

FA is still not over.

I'm holding judgement.

Plus we have the draft.

Sure like everyone I was hoping for the big splash. That just anticipation. We've seen big names come and go. They don't always pan out. How many teams have gone and signed big name wide recievers who have not gotten them to the promise land? NE had/has a lot of holes to fill. It takes time and patience.

This is exactly the way I feel. We retained a solid core and can now add to it via the draft. We may not be Super Bowl bound this coming season but a slow and steady hand can build a solid roster with depth that can compete for years.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FA is still not over.

I'm holding judgement.

Plus we have the draft.

I read the write up on Okafor yesterday it clearly stated he is best suited for RT or depth player.

Is Austin better? Do we really know this.

We did have RBs and I agree we added a nice pass catching RB. I like this signing.

Cancer? I guess yes we now have more open spots.

Agreed we still have time and the draft.

Someone here mentioned Wolfe likes to retain players that fit the role or play well that are already in the organization. This makes sense to me, if we have a proven commodity that we can retain for a reasonable price then heck yeah keep him. It also makes it easier to determine what positions to draft and how to work the draft.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly the way I feel. We retained a solid core and can now add to it via the draft. We may not be Super Bowl bound this coming season but a slow and steady hand can build a solid roster with depth that can compete for years.
I agree but seeing as we were a D- to F team at most I can't see these moves as being better than C- to C

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FA is still not over.

I'm holding judgement.

Plus we have the draft.

not really

1710452037284.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned in a previous post Austin Hooper isn't who he once was. But he was only targeted 31 times and had 25 catches. He was targeted less than twice a game.

Gesiki 29 of 41. I almost can't even remember him being on the field.

Yes I believe Hooper is better. Now it comes down to the system to see how he's utilized?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go back to my previous post IF NE
could land OT Tyron Smith ( adding Mekhi Becton to this list) along with one of these WRs; Marquise Brown, Mike Williams, Tyler Boyd, Michael Thomas, Hunter Renfrow. Would you @molsaniceman consider this a succesful off season? Trent Brown was terrible ranked 60 out of 69 elligible.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could land OT Tyron Smith ( adding Mekhi Becton to this list) along with one of these WRs; Marquise Brown, Mike Williams, Tyler Boyd, Michael Thomas, Hunter Renfrow. Would you @molsaniceman consider this a succesful off season? Trent Brown was terrible ranked 60 out of 69 elligible.

I know this is a different regime so lots of shit is going to change but Renfrow just screams “Patriot” IMO.

Additionally, other than Moss we haven’t had a super star wr since maybe Terry Glenn but rather a bunch of role players that get open. I prefer that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a different regime so lots of shit is going to change but Renfrow just screams “Patriot” IMO.

Additionally, other than Moss we haven’t had a super star wr since maybe Terry Glenn but rather a bunch of role players that get open. I prefer that.
I agree. Diva WRs very rarely take their teams to a SB. A couple decent WRs couple with one or two good TEs make the difference.

We were very spoiled with what BB put out there for so many years. Amendola, Welker, Troy Brown, Ben Coats... all made huge differences.

Granted they had the best QB ever. It would've been interesting to see how a different elite QB might have done with those teams.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sources: Chargers trading WR Keenan Allen to Bears for 4th-rounder​

Now this kind of hurts. Only a 4th rounder.

He did say he would only play for a few certain teams. No mention of who those teams were. Nor what his contract is worth?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Diva WRs very rarely take their teams to a SB. A couple decent WRs couple with one or two good TEs make the difference.

We were very spoiled with what BB put out there for so many years. Amendola, Welker, Troy Brown, Ben Coats... all made huge differences.

Granted they had the best QB ever. It would've been interesting to see how a different elite QB might have done with those teams.
Coats never "played for" BB. BB was Asst HC in 96 while Coats was on the team but does that count? Coats left after '99 and BB took over just after that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could land OT Tyron Smith ( adding Mekhi Becton to this list) along with one of these WRs; Marquise Brown, Mike Williams, Tyler Boyd, Michael Thomas, Hunter Renfrow. Would you @molsaniceman consider this a succesful off season? Trent Brown was terrible ranked 60 out of 69 eligible.
I would consider it a great start 5 days into free agency.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People often forget that when Brady had Moss, the Patriots were undefeated until the SB. Hate losing the SB, but that was an incredible year. Waiting a week for a game was agony.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you are asking a premiere WR to go to a team with no QB and no O line it has more to do with this than anything else.
Calvin Ridley is NOT a premier WR. He is not in the same class as Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Deebo Samuel or even Stefon Diggs. He was the best WR available and that made him worth the money. He went to a team without a QB and an OL that gave up 64 sacks in 2023, 4th most.

I know you absolutely will not admit that TAXES, especially a millionaire tax and cold weather had nothing at all to do with it.

The Patriots offered him 3/$66M or an AAV of $22M and he turned his nose.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no until they get a QB none of it matters :suds:
something that hasnt been mentioned will this D be as good without BB running it|?