• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked Cam Payne
I don’t think he’s improved from when he broke on to the scene. Hasn’t developed as a playmaker who can run your offense and get you in good stuff and he’s still a turnstile on defense. Time is running out on him adding to his game. I can see where you’re coming from on Payne.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think he’s improved from when he broke on to the scene. Hasn’t developed as a playmaker who can run your offense and get you in good stuff and he’s still a turnstile on defense. Time is running out on him adding to his game. I can see where you’re coming from on Payne.
So Payne for Harden straight up?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you been able to sit through an entire NBA Summer League game?
I know that they are all rookies, G Leaguers and back end of the roster, but some of the mistakes are worse than AAU Under 9.

I don't drink, but watching some of these games have almost made me dive off the Wagon after 53 years.
LOL...I feel the same way about college ball now. Used to love the tournament and stuff, now all I see is a much lesser quality of play

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of Bol Bol is far greater than what Bol Bol actually is. He'll have like a week of decent games, usually early in the season, then he'll be straight trash. He'll get parked on the bench when teams figure out they are better with him off the court. If he wasn't 7 ft, he'd already be out of the league. The skill, or more importantly the work ethic, isn't there.

And unless Phoenix has a player already in mind for the trade exception, I don't like getting rid of Payne right now. I'm not particularly high on Payne, but this team has no PGs. Yes, Booker can be fine there but you still need subs. Payne is somewhat serviceable, especially for the regular season. I'd rather have him than literally nothing. And trade exceptions are vastly overrated. It's rare that teams actually find useful players to fill them. So like I said, unless they have someone in mind already and can fill it between now and early in the season, I don't get the need to do this move now. Tax savings? Pfft. They're already fucked there anyway.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea of Bol Bol is far greater than what Bol Bol actually is. He'll have like a week of decent games, usually early in the season, then he'll be straight trash. He'll get parked on the bench when teams figure out they are better with him off the court. If he wasn't 7 ft, he'd already be out of the league. The skill, or more importantly the work ethic, isn't there.

And unless Phoenix has a player already in mind for the trade exception, I don't like getting rid of Payne right now. I'm not particularly high on Payne, but this team has no PGs. Yes, Booker can be fine there but you still need subs. Payne is somewhat serviceable, especially for the regular season. I'd rather have him than literally nothing. And trade exceptions are vastly overrated. It's rare that teams actually find useful players to fill them. So like I said, unless they have someone in mind already and can fill it between now and early in the season, I don't get the need to do this move now. Tax savings? Pfft. They're already fucked there anyway.
PHX gets another big, problem is he isn’t a true big. He isn’t really good at anything. Maybe we see the best of Bol Bol with a ton of talent around him? No true PG’s seems like an issue even if PHX has 3-4 guys that can handle the ball. Not sure I particularly love the roster makeup to this point

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I felt like Beal did some good things as Washington PG last season when he had to do it

Booker is far more creative and comfortable as a point guard than Beal. He's not a true PG, but he's been handling the ball more and more each year. He has better playmaking instincts. Beal is just a scorer. You can force him into the role but he and the team won't perform to their best abilities with him there

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have any of you been able to sit through an entire NBA Summer League game?
I know that they are all rookies, G Leaguers and back end of the roster, but some of the mistakes are worse than AAU Under 9.

I don't drink, but watching some of these games have almost made me dive off the Wagon after 53 years.
Cannot say I've watched beginning to end but have watched a good portion of some of the Cavs games and have found them to be entertaining. I'll watch their game this afternoon...maybe not entire one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has he not heard of career ending injuries? I mean, I get there would be certain teams (perhaps many) he would not want to play with for a long time, but if offered a max by every team he could be traded to he'd refuse?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I feel the same way about college ball now. Used to love the tournament and stuff, now all I see is a much lesser quality of play
I find it odd - and I'm guilty of doing it - that so many say "only summer league" but when it's college ball we think that can tell us how good a guy might be in the pros. Even though I'd think there is more talent in most summer league games on the court. Plus it's older men fighting to earn a living.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker is far more creative and comfortable as a point guard than Beal. He's not a true PG, but he's been handling the ball more and more each year. He has better playmaking instincts. Beal is just a scorer. You can force him into the role but he and the team won't perform to their best abilities with him there
It’s easy to get hung up on traditional roles. The fact of the matter is that you have 3 triple threat guys who can pass shoot and drive in KD Book and Beal. 4 of the last 5 years Beal has had over 5.5 assists per game. He can play make. They’re likely looking at this for defense thinking Beal is better guarding the other teams PG than Book is or they like Book over Beal on teams SG.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... 4 of the last 5 years Beal has had over 5.5 assists per game...
Well, yeah.

He was the guy on a lousy Washington team and he played big minutes with the ball in his hands.