• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah like why would they be in a hurry and want to take less for the best asset they’ll have in a long time. Fucking dumb. You get one chance at this.
Ever.

The best asset they have had EVER.

Walton was great.

But, gimp from the jump.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever.

Walton was great.

But, gimp from the jump.
No doubt. I just don’t want to sell anybody short going forward. So far? 110%. At the same time, the last couple years of the deal he’s going to be $60 mil plus and 36/37. And he’s missed a ton of games the last few (I think 4?) seasons. There’s some risk to this asset as well. I would say that there’s really only a handful of team that would be willing to add him now. I would consider them win now teams with a shrinking window. Miami, Sixers, Clippers, Lakers, Suns. The window isn’t closing on Luka or Tatum/Brown but add Celtics and Mavs to list of teams that would go for him right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever.

Walton was great.

But, gimp from the jump.
Yep and even though Dame is 33 is still playing a very high level. He is the final piece to a championship team, no doubt. You wait for the best deal and if you don’t get it…you don’t settle

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. I just don’t want to sell anybody short going forward. So far? 110%. At the same time, the last couple years of the deal he’s going to be $60 mil plus and 36/37. And he’s missed a ton of games the last few (I think 4?) seasons. There’s some risk to this asset as well. I would say that there’s really only a handful of team that would be willing to add him now. I would consider them win now teams with a shrinking window. Miami, Sixers, Clippers, Lakers, Suns. The window isn’t closing on Luka or Tatum/Brown but add Celtics and Mavs to list of teams that would go for him right now.
Yeah they have to be on the brink of a championship and if they add Dame a favorite or close to it. The final piece. One championship makes Dame well worth it…if you don’t get that though it will be a failure. So I agree, the risk is very real especially if you don’t get a championship in the first 2-3 years. Big cap hit and Dame declining

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they have to be on the brink of a championship and if they add Dame a favorite or close to it. The final piece. One championship makes Dame well worth it…if you don’t get that though it will be a failure. So I agree, the risk is very real especially if you don’t get a championship in the first 2-3 years. Big cap hit and Dame declining
Yep. Championships are never promised but you want your team to go for it. I’m bummed because Sixers have mediocre assets. All they can offer is expiring salary cap money. Nothing to sneeze at but not on the same level as players and package of picks.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this isn’t super sexy but it’s a pretty solid deal for everybody, especially considering the Knicks get a nice trade exception.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time, the last couple years of the deal he’s going to be $60 mil plus and 36/37. And he’s missed a ton of games the last few (I think 4?) seasons.
Exactly why no team is going to sell the farm to get him. Especially, when he has had said he wants to be in Miami.

2-3 year window.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why no team is going to sell the farm to get him. Especially, when he has had said he wants to be in Miami.

2-3 year window.
The only Miami thing has more to do with the diminished returns. It’s weird but KD is a similar story. All time player on the back end, KD may be a tick above on a trade value chart, but the two assets are a pretty good comp. He was 4 picks and Bridges and Cam Johnson. Dame should be a similar haul for Portland. Looking like they’re taking less and it will ultimately be because nobody else is bidding because of Dame’s demand.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this isn’t super sexy but it’s a pretty solid deal for everybody, especially considering the Knicks get a nice trade exception.

Like you said....not a super sexy deal but the kind that helps all teams involved.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Miami thing has more to do with the diminished returns. It’s weird but KD is a similar story. All time player on the back end, KD may be a tick above on a trade value chart, but the two assets are a pretty good comp. He was 4 picks and Bridges and Cam Johnson. Dame should be a similar haul for Portland. Looking like they’re taking less and it will ultimately be because nobody else is bidding because of Dame’s demand.
KD's agent didn't call other teams and tell them he wouldn't be happy if he was dealt there. That right there could very well scare some teams off and lower Portland's return for him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides, Portland can get the 3 picks and still trade what they get back for another pick or so.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suns and Knicks get a backup PG.
Pacers take Fournier but he is essentially an expiring bc of the club option. More salary for Indy. A couple 2nd’s at least I would guess