• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These crazy edge contracts is why I have kind of been upset with the Vikings not dealing with Hunter and getting him locked in moving forward. I of course have no idea what he was demanding....but I cant imagine it would have been all that much higher than what some of these much lesser players like Sweat are getting now.

It's one thing to say "These edge contracts are too much!" But it is also a position that at least you kind of know what you are getting. Edge players in the draft have to have one of the highest bust percentage.....or at least that is what it has always felt like to me. I cant tell you how many 1st round DE's I was in love with over the years that never amounted to anything in the league.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These crazy edge contracts is why I have kind of been upset with the Vikings not dealing with Hunter and getting him locked in moving forward. I of course have no idea what he was demanding....but I cant imagine it would have been all that much higher than what some of these much lesser players like Sweat are getting now.

It's one thing to say "These edge contracts are too much!" But it is also a position that at least you kind of know what you are getting. Edge players in the draft have to have one of the highest bust percentage.....or at least that is what it has always felt like to me. I cant tell you how many 1st round DE's I was in love with over the years that never amounted to anything in the league.
Its a bit like QB, too, where some drafts you might not even see a good EDGE player. Im looking at 2020 right now and I dont think it will produce a single pro bowl DE outside of Chase Young who hasnt come anywhere close to his draft potential. The Chiefs had to massively overpay Frank Clark because it took the Chiefs five years to fully address the position.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bit like QB, too, where some drafts you might not even see a good EDGE player. Im looking at 2020 right now and I dont think it will produce a single pro bowl DE outside of Chase Young who hasnt come anywhere close to his draft potential. The Chiefs had to massively overpay Frank Clark because it took the Chiefs five years to fully address the position.

Epenesa has been coming on this year, but I wouldn't project him to pro bowl level. Uche too, starting last season.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I have....now did I?

But, I do know Young is on pace to have his best season now that he is healthy after 2 injury plagued seasons.

And being opposite Bosa? He isn't going to see a lot of double teams and playing opposite him is going to open up a world of possibilities for him.

I'm simply saying, again, that you don't really know the player since all you do is say he is on pace for 12.5 sacks without understanding all his liabilities. I don't see how it prevents Bosa from being double teamed. You are under the impression that Chase Young draws double teams, again you are uninformed.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was a nice addition by the Rams at this point.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm simply saying, again, that you don't really know the player since all you do is say he is on pace for 12.5 sacks without understanding all his liabilities. I don't see how it prevents Bosa from being double teamed. You are under the impression that Chase Young draws double teams, again you are uninformed.

You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they still think they are playoff team?

They'd like to avoid home games being comprised COMPLETELY of opponent's fans, lol.

Do you think Wentz is a playoff quality QB?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd like to avoid home games being comprised COMPLETELY of opponent's fans, lol.

Do you think Wentz is a playoff quality QB?

Honestly I don't think he is but why else would you bring him in unless you think you can make the playoffs and do anything.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz was a nice addition by the Rams at this point.
Sadly this is true. I never understood keeping Rypien on the PS let alone promoting him to the active roster. He's not a top 80 QB and there's no potential for development. Wentz should have been offered a PS spot when Bennett left the team. If they were prepared to bring in Mayfield last season they should have been prepared to make a similar move this year.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly this is true. I never understood keeping Rypien on the PS let alone promoting him to the active roster. He's not a top 80 QB and there's no potential for development. Wentz should have been offered a PS spot when Bennett left the team. If they were prepared to bring in Mayfield last season they should have been prepared to make a similar move this year.
Yeah, I agree....

Wentz is a vet and should be able to come in and get acclimated quickly. Maybe scale down the playbook game 1 but he was their best option right now. And here is their remaining schedule.

Screenshot_20231107-142225~2.png

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree....

Wentz is a vet and should be able to come in and get acclimated quickly. Maybe scale down the playbook game 1 but he was their best option right now. And here is their remaining schedule.

View attachment 345555
The schedule isn't important. The Rams aren't in the W/L business this year. It's about developing young players who could become contributors or quality depth on the cheap in 2024 when the Rams will be big FA spenders. They can't develop the offense with Rypien at QB & Henderson at RB. I understand keeping the costs down but they should be keeping to a minimum level of quality. The Packers game was mailed in.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule isn't important. The Rams aren't in the W/L business this year. It's about developing young players who could become contributors or quality depth on the cheap in 2024 when the Rams will be big FA spenders. They can't develop the offense with Rypien at QB & Henderson at RB. I understand keeping the costs down but they should be keeping to a minimum level of quality. The Packers game was mailed in.
If they go 6-2 and finish 9-8 that is definitely a possible WC in the NFC.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

How so? You said Bosa would benefit from Young's arrival. How exactly when Chase Young has been single blocked for the vast majority of his plays? Offenses are simply not pulling attention his way.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,141.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martavis Bryant back in the NFL.

Signed with the Cowboys.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go 6-2 and finish 9-8 that is definitely a possible WC in the NFC.
Yeah, but they were 3-4 with Stafford. They're not going to win 6 games with Wentz. lol.