• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason Thread

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I let them walk. Maybe Young or Jewell for leadership on a team friendly deal, but we need depth. Id rather find that in the draft than a second contract with injury prone guys.
Jewell's injury was on punt coverage, which seemed like an act of desperation due to our habitually bad special teams performances ... He was playing great up until that point, I think he deserves another shot

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell's injury was on punt coverage, which seemed like an act of desperation due to our habitually bad special teams performances ... He was playing great up until that point, I think he deserves another shot

YES!

I brought this up when he tore his PEC... We had to throw Jewell on special teams as he probably honestly is our best special teams player... Drilled the returner vs Jaguars and tore his pec. As good as he is on special teams you shouldn't have to have your starting ILB and leading tackler on PR coverage. :(

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell has started 30 games in 4 years. It doesn't seem to matter how or why he gets injured, other than he does regularly.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing with Alexander Johnson is with any long term deal remember, he is a little older then his years of NFL experience as he was delayed in making it to the NFL after his legal issue was finally resolved. He just turned 30.
Jewell is older than I thought too. 28 during this next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell is older than I thought too. 28 during this next year.

Jewell jut turned 27 a month ago. So he is a very young 27. Yes, he does turn 28 in the "next year" but that is a year from now. It isn't like he turns 27 in the next few months. I'd really like to see us sign Jewell to a 3 year deal if possible. His age is about what most 5th year pros would be. (For instance DaeSean Hamilton in his same draft class is 26 but will turn 27 in a month).A 3 year deal would be more about his nagging injuries then his age to me (knocking off the 4th year) signing him to smaller deals after that if he is staying healthy and wanting to remain a Bronco. 3 years gives us some flexibility.

Of course it all depends on how any contract is set up. If we sign Johnson to a long term deal we need to make sure that he is probably getting the bulk of his money the first 2-3 years.

I think our offseason decisions at ILB will be one of the most interesting decisions but at the same time I think we are in a very good "tough decision" situation regarding our ILB decisions.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jewell represents young leadership on this Broncos team. That's hugely important without a franchise "face of the team" quarterback and no Von Miller. I know the media is positioning Justin Simmons as the defensive leader but Jewell is incredibly smart and seemingly well liked. I would like to see him continue to wear a Broncos uniform. I love the under-sized, not prototypical players that succeed in the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think a possible landing spot for Jimmy Garappolo could be the Raiders.

Josh McDaniels/Bill Belicheck loved this guy before trading him. Could be a domino effect with Carr there.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think a possible landing spot for Jimmy Garappolo could be the Raiders.

Josh McDaniels/Bill Belicheck loved this guy before trading him. Could be a domino effect with Carr there.
Why . Carr is better than Jimmy G. Would Josh repeat another Cutler/Cassell? Seem unlikely

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in their careers I'd rather have Carr. He has become a very good QB. If the Broncos are going to a west coast offense - that fits certain QB style and so the QB equation is changed from the last couple of years.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in their careers I'd rather have Carr. He has become a very good QB. If the Broncos are going to a west coast offense - that fits certain QB style and so the QB equation is changed from the last couple of years.
Absolutely Carr over Jimmy. The Raiders won because of Carr, the 49ers won in spite of Jimmy G. Would love to see Josh pull another QB swap to doom the raiders as it doomed Denver.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely Carr over Jimmy. The Raiders won because of Carr, the 49ers won in spite of Jimmy G. Would love to see Josh pull another QB swap to doom the raiders as it doomed Denver.
Bookends! I love it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why . Carr is better than Jimmy G. Would Josh repeat another Cutler/Cassell? Seem unlikely

Apples and oranges... Neither will get the Raiders over the hump. McDaniels coached and loved Jimmy G at New England is only reason I could see it happening and Carr doesn't appear to be happy with the hiring. Sports is very political. Coaches are stubborn when it comes to "their own" players and wanting their own guys... Pay attention to coaching and player trends around the NFL. I personally wouldn't do it but there seems to be some turmoil between Carr and the Raiders. I'm not saying it is a good move. I am just throwing the possibility out there. We know McDaniels and Belicheat LOVED Jimmy G when he was in New England and we know Derek Carr isn't a great NFL QB (Jimmy isn't either)... After that we have no idea how McDaniels thinks because we know how irratic he was here. Derek "pass floater" Carr as Raider fans would call him has a good chance to be moved under a new GM and new coaching staff. This stuff happens when you have as big of a change as the Raiders have had in one offseason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets 2nd year OG Cameron Clark has retired after just 1 year in the NFL due to a neck injury....

Feel bad for the guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders interviewing everyone's favorite special teams coach, Tom McMahon.

With all of this tanking stuff and paying coaches to tank talk..... Can we finally make that switch to an NFL Draft Lottery???

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Paton is lining it up for everything being in place as soon as the Super Bowl is over - certainly by the league season beginning which is 3/1.

I expect a lot of activity in Free Agency - trades - the draft. I am feeling pretty good about it.