• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any draft let me down as much as the 2015 draft. It is hard for me not to be excited about something after a draft but that one really did damage to my soul. Never been more letdown.. The drafts following I was really happy with. This one is sorta so/so for my soul. But much better then 2015. The year we drafted DT, Decker, Perrish Cox, etc... I was on cloud 9.

I think I could have thrown a brick at the TV after drafting Ty Sambrailo and Jeff Huerman in Round 3 in 2015 and after that the only thing I really like was drafting an OG (Garcia) you know it isn't good when my happiest moment is drafting an OL. ;) Although I think nothing let me down more in a single moment in Broncos history when we traded up in the 3rd for Richard Quinn and traded up in the 2nd for Paul Toviessi.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not that trilled with this draft, but willing to put my faith in the organization after last years draft. Bonitto has bust potential IMO. He is pretty limited initially as a pure pass rusher, but even there I am just not sure he has the strength to be impactful and will really need to develop his overall game to be more than a situational player. Dulcich is meh as he is a downgrade from Albert O so other than depth I don't understand that pick when there were some talented players on the aboard.

Eyioma is the one pick I am pretty pumped up on on. He could be a real anchor for this D if he develops.

I guess Nakobe Dean fell due to an injury and could miss 2022, but I just felt the Broncos could have used his value at 80 as he has pro bowl potential which is worth waiting for in the 3rd and ILB is somewhere the Broncos could use a talent infusion.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any draft let me down as much as the 2015 draft. It is hard for me not to be excited about something after a draft but that one really did damage to my soul. Never been more letdown.. The drafts following I was really happy with. This one is sorta so/so for my soul. But much better then 2015. The year we drafted DT, Decker, Perrish Cox, etc... I was on cloud 9.

I think I could have thrown a brick at the TV after drafting Ty Sambrailo and Jeff Huerman in Round 3 in 2015 and after that the only thing I really like was drafting an OG (Garcia) you know it isn't good when my happiest moment is drafting an OL. ;) Although I think nothing let me down more in a single moment in Broncos history when we traded up in the 3rd for Richard Quinn and traded up in the 2nd for Paul Toviessi.
You need to purge those drafts from your memory banks. That will cause long term damage if you retain any memory of them.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonitto could be another Shane Ray where he believes his own hype and can’t live up to his potential, or he could be another Elvis Dumervil where he’s a smaller guy so some people write him off giving him something to prove. We all hope it’s the latter for sure.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonitto could be another Shane Ray where he believes his own hype and can’t live up to his potential, or he could be another Elvis Dumervil where he’s a smaller guy so some people write him off giving him something to prove. We all hope it’s the latter for sure.
Dumervil turned his limitation, size, into a positive getting under pad level on his pass rush. It was really incredible!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumervil turned his limitation, size, into a positive getting under pad level on his pass rush. It was really incredible!
Now obviously Dumervil was 5’11 and Bonitto is 6’3 so he’s not exactly tiny but he doesn’t play like he’s 6’3 in my opinion

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone quickly confirm if this link gets you past the firewall?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nick said denver wanted Drake or Cam and tried to trade up

the QBs not going earlier could have hurt us

2Kback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nik is going to be better than Drake. I think he is far more in the Shane Ray mold than Bonitto.

Can we imagine for a moment the goalline offense with Albert, Dulcich, Patrick and Sutton?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading more about how Baltimore drafts

i think Paton does not look at players as a clump hoping to hit on one of one of his 4th rounders or one of his 5th rounders but each player selected has a chance to make the team

after the draft , every player becomes a independent commodity trying to make the team regardless of round drafted so why not think that way during the draft

being an analytics guy i like this way to look at the draft so yes i have come around
being OK with Washington

have said before there really is not such thing as “draft value”. you would not continue to pass on a 2nd round player hoping to get him in the 4th

Booker for denver was always thought of great draft value . this never made sense to me to pass on 2nd round talent to draft in the 4th. you draft him in the 4th he has 4th round value

there is value due to medicals however

Dean may be one of those same with Allen

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fairness he get this information from the same source that has been wrong for the past 5 years on what Denver "is going to do" and what Denver actually does... Take it with a grain of salt. He and Carl have been sharing this "inside" info for 5-6 years now from some "inside" source that doesn't appear to be legit.

That being said I would much rather Bonitto then Jackson or Thomas.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate that Justyn Ross signed with KC. A guy I really find myself rooting for after the neck issue he is going through.

Matter of fact KC signed two of my favorite undrafted free agents in Ross and Jerrion Ealy.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate that Justyn Ross signed with KC. A guy I really find myself rooting for after the neck issue he is going through.

Matter of fact KC signed two of my favorite undrafted free agents in Ross and Jerrion Ealy.
That sucks, I can't believe Ross didn't get drafted. I thought somebody would have taken a 5th round flyer on him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did pretty good on my rookie # projections this year.

I got every draft picks right except I had Henningsen at 96 and Uwazurike at 96.

Nailed the rest of them. It is actually easier then you think though with not a lot of numbers available this time of the year.