• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft discussion thread

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harder to get a C now

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you draft guys feel about the players the Chiefs and Chargers drafted?
Hated it. Thought all 3 players should have gone earlier.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wan'Dale!!

Happy Kairr Elam and Chris Olave went to teams I don't mind rooting for.

Sucks the Chiefs got McDuffie but could be way worse.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wan'Dale!!

Happy Kairr Elam and Chris Olave went to teams I don't mind rooting for.

I was thinking McDuffie will have to play pretty tall to cover Patrick and Sutton. They spent capital moving up to get a pretty good mismatch for Bronco receivers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Stingley wasn't in the cards after all. I did think the Chiefs were trading up for a CB so I got that part right.

I still think the Chiefs probably have another CB they need to draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Stingley wasn't in the cards after all. I did think the Chiefs were trading up for a CB so I got that part right.

I still think the Chiefs probably have another CB they need to draft.

If you care about me you will be happy the Chiefs in anyway possible didn’t end up with Stingley, with me threatening to jump off a cliff if they did. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore kills is again

good players seem to drop into thier laps

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is people base PBA off of a bunch of draft sites.

Draft sites copy draft sites. I know from working on draft sites for a decade. Don't always base BPA off draft sites.. Nobody has better draft value then the 32 NFL teams picking these guys. Trust it..

I am not jumping in the air after this draft but there are things I like about it and only time will tell.

I wonder if we may bring back Alexander Johnson.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is people base PBA off of a bunch of draft sites.

Draft sites copy draft sites. I know from working on draft sites for a decade. Don't always base BPA off draft sites.. Nobody has better draft value then the 32 NFL teams picking these guys. Trust it..

I am not jumping in the air after this draft but there are things I like about it and only time will tell.

I wonder if we may bring back Alexander Johnson.
It might be a good idea - because the Broncos are going light in the pants on the Dline - in favor of quickness and speed = which mean the ILB has to stop the run, or be in on the play.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my draft grade would be a C for Denver... and that is pretty well what I expected with having no pick until 64. I like some things that we did. It doesn't exactly light me up but there is a lot of promise (as with any draft) I don't feel this draft was real top heavy but was fairly deep which is why I think having so many day 3 picks was a plus for us. I am fine with Bonitto and Dulcich but not exactly burning with fire on the picks. I wasn't big on taking a TE until a bit later on with a lot of TE's I liked that would be had in Rounds 4-6... Inparticular James Mitchell, Charlie Kolar and Isaiah Likely... However, I will say where we took Bonitto and Dulcich I can't say there was some player I was on the edge of my chair hoping we would draft. So while it isn't the most exciting top two picks for me I really don't have a big issue with it as I don't feel either was a big reach or anything like that where we took them.

Delarrin Turner-Yell was like a Sam Brandon, Darius Johnson, Tony Veland, Jamar Johnson moment for me. I am not claiming him to be an amazing safety but a guy I really liked watching play being the DB whore I am. These DB's grew on me as personal guys I really ended up liking watching in college. Was a tad surprised and happy at the same time when I saw his name scroll across the TV set.. Even if @SpringStein gave me a nasty grumble and a @PumpFake hand full of skittles that I was afraid were going to come flying at my head.

Turner-Yell will fill a role for us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from now we 4-8 months from now we will all forget our feelings about this draft and we will either hate or love this draft based on what really happens!

At the end of the day a draft is all about our feelings!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my draft grade would be a C for Denver... and that is pretty well what I expected with having no pick until 64. I like some things that we did. It doesn't exactly light me up but there is a lot of promise (as with any draft) I don't feel this draft was real top heavy but was fairly deep which is why I think having so many day 3 picks was a plus for us. I am fine with Bonitto and Dulcich but not exactly burning with fire on the picks. I wasn't big on taking a TE until a bit later on with a lot of TE's I liked that would be had in Rounds 4-6... Inparticular James Mitchell, Charlie Kolar and Isaiah Likely... However, I will say where we took Bonitto and Dulcich I can't say there was some player I was on the edge of my chair hoping we would draft. So while it isn't the most exciting top two picks for me I really don't have a big issue with it as I don't feel either was a big reach or anything like that where we took them.

Delarrin Turner-Yell was like a Sam Brandon, Darius Johnson, Tony Veland, Jamar Johnson moment for me. I am not claiming him to be an amazing safety but a guy I really liked watching play being the DB whore I am. These DB's grew on me as personal guys I really ended up liking watching in college. Was a tad surprised and happy at the same time when I saw his name scroll across the TV set.. Even if @SpringStein gave me a nasty grumble and a @PumpFake hand full of skittles that I was afraid were going to come flying at my head.

Turner-Yell will fill a role for us.
rainbow im rich GIF by Guava Juice

Hey DC, thanks for bringing all your worthy draft insights to the board. It was fun sharing the lead up to the draft with ALL the good people on this forum.

Let’s hope the evolving brain trust of the Broncos can take all these pieces and turn them into a product that brings some excitement this year. We’re due.