• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Draft Order Set for Non Playoff teams:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Matt Ryan's albatross of a contract. Falcons seem like they should trade down because none of the top prospects are DEs or CBs. And CB at 4 overall is kinda sketchy anyways unless we're talking about the next Deion Sanders.

Well I think Gregory Rousseau is a top 5 talent, so that's an option. Downside is he's a 1 year wonder, but 15.5 sacks in College coupled with his ridiculous 6'7" size (and the weight to go along with it) means he's got length which should translate to the NFL. It will be tough to get two hands on him for a solid block in theory. He'll need to develop some moves but whatever. He opted out of 2020 season and wisely so, and he already said he's declaring I believe.

Might be a bit of a risk to snag him at 4 and there's no real amazing corner worth taking with a top 5 that I saw. And of course this whole draft is kind of a 'risk' anyway since there's little footage, players/teams opted out of games, etc. So whatever, take the physical attributes you can't teach and give him a little time to develop. Justin Fields is in the same boat (all the tools, raw) and I'm sure he'll go top 5.

Dream draft for the Falcons if I was a fan, would be Rousseau and pray, and both CB/RB in the 2nd/3rd frame pending who is available.

Falcons also had a BRUTAL schedule and the easiest part of their schedule (the beginning which isn't saying much given Prescott was healthy, and SEA/GB are NOT pushovers) they were ravished by injury. Regardless, a new QB is gonna do fuck all for them and in the interim they need to find a way to get to Brees and Brady if he plays another year.

Last edited:

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Gregory Rousseau is a top 5 talent, so that's an option. Downside is he's a 1 year wonder, but 15.5 sacks in College coupled with his ridiculous 6'7" size (and the weight to go along with it) means he's got length which should translate to the NFL. It will be tough to get two hands on him for a solid block in theory. He'll need to develop some moves but whatever. He opted out of 2020 season and wisely so, and he already said he's declaring I believe.

Might be a bit of a risk to snag him at 4 and there's no real amazing corner worth taking with a top 5 that I saw. And of course this whole draft is kind of a 'risk' anyway since there's little footage, players/teams opted out of games, etc. So whatever, take the physical attributes you can't teach and give him a little time to develop. Justin Fields is in the same boat (all the tools, raw) and I'm sure he'll go top 5.

Dream draft for the Falcons if I was a fan, would be Rousseau and pray, and both CB/RB in the 2nd/3rd frame pending who is available.

Falcons also had a BRUTAL schedule and the easiest part of their schedule (the beginning which isn't saying much given Prescott was healthy, and SEA/GB are NOT pushovers) they were ravished by injury. Regardless, a new QB is gonna do fuck all for them and in the interim they need to find a way to get to Brees and Brady if he plays another year.

That's actually the guy I'm hoping the Eagles draft. The taking a year off thing kind of worries me with him and all the college players who did. But his size is incredible and the Eagles desperately need to add a young blue chip cornerstone player on defense. Cox and Graham are on the back ends of their careers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats will def find a QB either with their first pick or through a veteran trade

Cams days as a starter in this league are over

a few more interesting teams as far as QB

Carolina- Teddy is the ultimate placeholder you will never win big with

Denver- Do they really believe in Lock?

Atlanta- Is it time to move on from the fantasy QB Matt Ryan? Real life QB is just not a winner

Detroit- Should try to move Stafford and tear it all down

San Fran- another team I could see try to go the veteran route with a win now roster

Bears- Do they really move forward with Mitch?

I’d include my Giants cause I wouldn’t mind it, but pretty sure Jones gets one more season

I think Sam Darnald finds his way to Indy or Pitt IMO
I'd like to see Stafford go to NE. I wonder what it would cost?

I'd even be willing to try Bridgewater as a stop gap. As I don't see BB giving up enough in the draft to take one of the top 3 QB prospects.

Take a chance in the mid to later rounds and see if you can't find another gem. Maybe not another diamond but a star sapphire would do.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the vikings have a smart gm with balls jefferson is roy i wonder how many vikes fans agree with this
draft is a crapshoot always has been all teams hit and miss on players

Our GM, Spielman definitely doesn't have big balls. He had an elite talent fall in his lap. This is the same guy that drafted Laquon Treadwell just a few years before Jefferson.

He can make good or even great draft picks, even in late rounds, but his blunders are what keep him from being anything more than an average GM. We still haven't gotten a franchise QB and the O-line has been pretty awful for the last decade since he took over.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd even be willing to try Bridgewater as a stop gap. As I don't see BB giving up enough in the draft to take one of the top 3 QB prospects.

Take a chance in the mid to later rounds and see if you can't find another gem. Maybe not another diamond but a star sapphire would do.

There is some sentiment that Jimmy G back to New England is destined to happen

but I mentioned on this site I also like Stafford to NE

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford has two years remaining on his contract, with a $20 million cap charge in 2021 and a $22.5 in 2022 for an acquiring team. These are very team-friendly terms for anyone looking to trade for Stafford. Washington is no stranger to this type of move, because the team already did it with Alex Smith
but for lions

1609947345950.png

On January 30, 2018, the Kansas City Chiefs agreed to trade Smith to the Washington Redskins in exchange for cornerback Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick (78th overall)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some sentiment that Jimmy G back to New England is destined to happen

but I mentioned on this site I also like Stafford to NE
I really don't think the Lions are in a position to get rid of Stafford. He is 3 years younger than Matt Ryan. Stafford could have 5 or 6 more years of good QB left in him. I don't think the Lions roster is in 'deep rebuild' territory, either. They spent last year replacing a player they got rid of and went nowhere. Seems silly to do the same at their best position.

Falcons are a team that could easily bounce back and make the playoffs next year. I...don't like Rousseau in the top 5, though. Not really seeing Kwitty Paye as an option that high, either. Of the two I think Rousseau has a much higher upside but maybe as a 5 tech so it could happen but I think thats a reach. From a draft standpoint, I think the Falcons should take Trey Lance and stash him or trade down. If Fields is there then I could see them taking Fields but I am under the belief that Fields should probably go #2.

1. Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence
2. Jets - Justin Fields
3. Dolphins - Ja'marr Chase
4. Falcons - Trey Lance
5. Bengals - Penei Sewell

Zach Wilson still on the board. Eh...there are going to be some trades here.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Fields to the Jets can be completely locked up by a non embarrassing performance vs Alabama

I agree Wilson will manage to get in the Top 4, even through trade

Lawrence 1 and the Bengals taking an Olineman are the only 2 sure fire locks as we sit here today

one of the most interesting drafts in years
Bengals are only taking an offensive line at #5 if Sewell is there. If they do not get him, the board drops off significantly in talent. I can see the Bengals going with the TE from Florida, Pitts. One of their best seasons in the last 20+ years was when Tyler Eifert went nuts with 15 TD's and that was with Dalton. You have Boyd, Higgins and Tate at WR, with quality depth in FA and the draft for an additional WR pick. You give Burrow an absolute beast at TE, adding to his playmakers, they will improve their offense. Sewell is the only offensive lineman pick for the Bengals at #5, outside that, expect someone like Pitts or Chase, with an outside chance of defense like Micah Parsons to help improve the LB core.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think the Lions are in a position to get rid of Stafford. He is 3 years younger than Matt Ryan. Stafford could have 5 or 6 more years of good QB left in him. I don't think the Lions roster is in 'deep rebuild' territory, either. They spent last year replacing a player they got rid of and went nowhere. Seems silly to do the same at their best position.

Falcons are a team that could easily bounce back and make the playoffs next year. I...don't like Rousseau in the top 5, though. Not really seeing Kwitty Paye as an option that high, either. Of the two I think Rousseau has a much higher upside but maybe as a 5 tech so it could happen but I think thats a reach. From a draft standpoint, I think the Falcons should take Trey Lance and stash him or trade down. If Fields is there then I could see them taking Fields but I am under the belief that Fields should probably go #2.

2. Jets - Justin Fields
4. Falcons - Trey Lance

May be Bengals willing to trade down if Sewell is gone by pick 5. Dolphins may want to go after Sewell after trading Tunsil away for those 2 - 1st round picks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Jets - Justin Fields
4. Falcons - Trey Lance

Seems harder and harder to trade down these days, and if both Lawrence/Fields are off the board I dunno if there's anyone there where the Falcons would be able to trade down. Stashing Fields/Lance is a nice thought, but as I said Ryan is not going anywhere in 2 years due to that mass contract, so carrying THAT much cap is really going to be problematic across 2 QBs (one on an albatross deal). Trading down is the only viable option so they're drafting late (like the Packers) but again it's not always easy.

I don't see Sewell getting by the Dolphins AT ALL. In fact the Jets may even grab him to protect Darnold or start assembling something for the next QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems harder and harder to trade down these days, and if both Lawrence/Fields are off the board I dunno if there's anyone there where the Falcons would be able to trade down. Stashing Fields/Lance is a nice thought, but as I said Ryan is not going anywhere in 2 years due to that mass contract, so carrying THAT much cap is really going to be problematic across 2 QBs (one on an albatross deal). Trading down is the only viable option so they're drafting late (like the Packers) but again it's not always easy.

I don't see Sewell getting by the Dolphins AT ALL. In fact the Jets may even grab him to protect Darnold or start assembling something for the next QB.
I think people would trade up for a QB. Just not into the top 2 because I really do think those teams have to draft QBs. The Jets gave Darnold 3 years. 38 starts. 13 Wins. 45 TDs. 39 INTs.

I might be too high on Chase because his value might not match his college play. Im just remembering that Bills game where the Dolphins receivers turned a couple of routine throws into interceptions. The Dolphins need to fix that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers would pull a damn NFCE team in week 16 and beat them :L Would have been picking at 4 instead.
Don't care what some have said - "not a fan if you cheer against your own team" - when the Browns were tanking, while it might be difficult to watch and openly cheer against them, I wanted them to lose.

what's the point of winning a few extra meaningless games and missing out on Garrett and top pick in QB heavy draft?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years ago, we had a Panther thread at a Gamecock site that has shut down. Last game of the season, they score a TD with no time left. Ron goes for two and Olsen can't haul the pass in. We were all elated, and they drafted CMC.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats everyone's expectations with Devonta Smith? His competition is a really mixed bag when looking at his college film. Normally I think 'hey SEC we're seeing some good defense' but that isn't the case. Multiple blown coverages for long touchdowns. Some easy 1 on 1 pitch and catches with teams stacking the box. A lot of screen and screen equivalent plays.

But man, when you actually see him play like a real WR you see that he can really catch the football. Many Bama receivers have had bad reputations when it comes to that but he isn't one of them. It looks like he has 4.4 speed and is skinny so he is in the same ballpark as Maclin and Odell Beckham Jr. Thats mid 1st rounder territory in most drafts and I think thats the case here, too.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So whats everyone's expectations with Devonta Smith? His competition is a really mixed bag when looking at his college film. Normally I think 'hey SEC we're seeing some good defense' but that isn't the case. Multiple blown coverages for long touchdowns. Some easy 1 on 1 pitch and catches with teams stacking the box. A lot of screen and screen equivalent plays.

But man, when you actually see him play like a real WR you see that he can really catch the football. Many Bama receivers have had bad reputations when it comes to that but he isn't one of them. It looks like he has 4.4 speed and is skinny so he is in the same ballpark as Maclin and Odell Beckham Jr. Thats mid 1st rounder territory in most drafts and I think thats the case here, too.
julio/cooper/ridley have all done good all 1st rounders He should be fine :suds:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
julio/cooper/ridley have all done good all 1st rounders He should be fine :suds:
Yeah, I like him more than the two Bama WRs from last year and Ridley. Maybe a hair more than Cooper just because of his hands. Julio was boom/bust who obviously boomed. Devonta Smith's upside isnt that level imo. But he'll be good.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with the Team from Washington winning the division they will have a later pick than the 10 win Dolphins?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No denying that ridiculous production

but is it me or does he looks real skinny out there?