• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-22 Season Thread

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh this game against the Oilers is frustrating to watch. The Kings are on PP and are stuck in their own zone.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have an all AHL defense right now
Patterson was supposed to be the main goalie this year replacing an aging Quick. Neither should be a starter at this point. And as usual they have nobody that can score.
So other than the offense, defense and goalie positions they are doing well

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have an all AHL defense right now
Patterson was supposed to be the main goalie this year replacing an aging Quick. Neither should be a starter at this point. And as usual they have nobody that can score.
So other than the offense, defense and goalie positions they are doing well

I disagree, gm/front office sucks to

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, gm/front office sucks to
If you want to go with non players I could add coaches, ice girls (all dudes), the guy playing music, the in house camera guys ( I mean replacing the kiss cam with the chug cam really?) and the tv broadcast crew.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Kings get 5 of possible 6 on that quick road trip. A little deceptive because they got 5 of 6 on their end, but gave up 3 of 4 to teams they were in direct races with, but still. Young team missing a ton of players, so really a nice trip. I pause in praising this team, because with how young they are, the second you get excited, they sort of shit the bed, and then when you try to lose faith, they surprise you. I still think they are benefitting from a bad division, but hey, we'll take it right now. I am glad they didn't make any major trades at the deadline. Just run these young guys in meaningful games and see what happens, and it'll really help this group headed into next year. I saw some stats on their home vs road, and man this team is just way better on the road.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Excited to be watching meaningful Kings games in April, and it's been a minute since we could say that.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with everything you said. I think a playoff run would be great for the young guys especially. Even a 1st round exit wouldn't hurt to be honest. If they can push to a 5, 6 or 7 game series it's still a win for the kids. If they get to the 2nd round they'll really be making a statement. remember most people had them missing the playoffs this season.

It's funny I was looking back at some of the comments when the team signed Danault and I was among to very few saying it was a good pick up even if most people thought the Kings overpaid him. Not seeing those comments much anymore.

There's another thread where I got into it more but I wasn't able to find it. I made some calls on this thread 2021 Off Season where I even said that Grubauer is overrated and that he would get exposed with the Kraken. Even with a good D core in front of him all year his numbers sucked.
Problem is Danault will score 30 goals over the next 4 years.

=)~~
You're not wrong twiddle tits. He just may do it by Christmas this year. Good call.

Nice to see Kings get 5 of possible 6 on that quick road trip. A little deceptive because they got 5 of 6 on their end, but gave up 3 of 4 to teams they were in direct races with, but still. Young team missing a ton of players, so really a nice trip. I pause in praising this team, because with how young they are, the second you get excited, they sort of shit the bed, and then when you try to lose faith, they surprise you. I still think they are benefitting from a bad division, but hey, we'll take it right now. I am glad they didn't make any major trades at the deadline. Just run these young guys in meaningful games and see what happens, and it'll really help this group headed into next year. I saw some stats on their home vs road, and man this team is just way better on the road.

Anyway, hope everyone is well. Excited to be watching meaningful Kings games in April, and it's been a minute since we could say that.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danault has been great and I remember most thinking we overpaid. I honestly knew nothing about him so had no clue.

Grubauer was horrendous to start the year but the defense was not doing him any favors either. I've watched most of the Kraken games and the defense is a turnover machine. Put a little forecheck on them and they will cough it up in prime location and the goalie has no chance. The defense is starting to gel a little bit and goaltending has improved some too, but right now the Grubauer contract not looking good.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5.5 is over payment for a guy that avgs 30 points a season. Just because he finally got 20g for the 1st time in his 9 year career doesnt mean anyone who thought it was excessive was wrong. But go ahead and circle jerk yourselves telling everyone i told you so based on the 1st year of a long ass contract where the guy still only has barely 40pts.

That said i think most were good with the signing for what he brings ...its not points if you didnt know.

Also, im not sure its that the Kings are so much better then anticipated as much as everyone else is worse

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you next season DD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you next season DD

Man. Just saw this. Dude takes a ton of shit because of his contract but he's generally an iron man, and rarely misses games. Hoping he can be good to go next year (no lingering effects). I was sort of hoping to see what this team could look like if they got healthy, so that's a bummer. But my sentiments sort of stay the same in that you get to run your young guys in meaningful minutes. Durzi and others playing big minutes from the backend, and that's only going to benefit this team in the future.

Kings dropped a few important ones lately, but their final 16 games were always frontloaded. Back end of their schedule is much softer. That being said, they probably need some things to break their way to make the playoffs. Before their losing streak they posted them at 85% to make the playoffs, so I don't know where that stands now.

I don't have strong feelings on Danault. He seems like a pretty solid player, and we'll see in the latter years how it goes. I just liked that people wanted to come to LA again, so adding him and Arvidsson was sort of exciting (Trade for Arvidsson, but still). It's pretty evident the Kings need to figure out their defense moreso than their forwards though. And you guys know I am probably the biggest Quick fan, but objectively, I don't really trust Quick or Petersen to steal any games right now with the way the defense looks.

Overall, things seem to be on track. Going to be a much different vibe heading into next year, however this all shakes out.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not wrong twiddle tits. He just may do it by Christmas this year. Good call.

What is going on jabronis, hope everyone is doing well. Been slammed with kids and school and whatnot.

Second time I've been burned on the acquisitions by Bowlby, first it was Arvidsson who went on an ungodly tear before getting injured but he has returned to earth.

Watching Danault this output of his is completely out of left field. Good for him, he's getting to show some of his offensive skills and why he was a first round pick (2011, 26th Chicago) but I'd be surprised if we see close to 30 again from the guy. I still think it was an over payment and that LA was pretty much the only place he was going to land because they offered him the most, but I'm happy he's scoring.

I'd be really pissed if he kept to his usual 13 goal/40 point self for $5.5 million no matter what intangibles he brings, much like I have been annoyed with Brown's current contract which overall he didn't live up to. Danault sill has 4 years left on this deal so we will see but for now I'm glad he's scoring; Kopitar, Brown, Iafallo, etc. couldn't score in a brothel this season it seems.

Definitely happy the kids are playing some meanigful games this time of year, been a while for us Kings fans. I too don't care if they get wiped out in the WCQFs, they have overachieved this season and some PO games would be a nice reward for them and maybe drive them to be even better than anticipated next season. Although the West is weak and the Pacific is pretty bad in itself, this experience is good for them.

I'm still very concerned with the first round picks Bowlby has made, kids on other teams taken near/after the Kings picks are making impacts on their teams but LA's are not. Byfield, Vilardi, Kupari, etc. have not shown they are everyday NHL players yet and if they are being banked on for the future, oh boy. Especially Turcotte, that dude cannot stay healthy for the life of him. It's been 5 years since Blake's first draft, I think it's time to move some of these players for established help, especially after seeing so many low scoring games in LA (again) this season.

Not all are going to pan out, I think we all understand that, but for having some lottery picks in this bunch I expected much more of an impact from quite a few of these kids.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really need to get rid of the stupid chrome domes.

I like that uniform minus the helmets, they are just ugly as hell. It's distracting trying to watch the game, I'm assuming the lights at Staples probably glare off those things bad in person as well.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that uniform minus the helmets, they are just ugly as hell. It's distracting trying to watch the game, I'm assuming the lights at Staples probably glare off those things bad in person as well.
Maybe thats the whole point. Make it distracting for the opposing team. HAHA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helmets are so bad. Trying to mimic what Vegas has done with the gold. But Vegas has a circus before every game, and it's Las Vegas, so it works for them. LA shouldn't be messing around with it, and they just look tacky.

I feel like most people in that some Playoff games will be welcomed for sure. Wish LA had a little more depth on d, especially playing Edmonton, but at the same time, what am opportunity for these young guys to play in some big games. Will do nothing but help headed into next year. Also being big underdogs is not bad place to be if it comes down to it. I got some tickets for Home Game 1 and 3, so that would be Games 3 and maybe 6 if it goes down like that. Excited for the experience, regardless of the outcome.

Feel the same way about Iaffalo, Brown, Kopitar. They said that pretty much since Iafallo got Covid in January he hasn't looked the same. I can't really speak to that, but it was one thing I read and now I sort of can't unsee it. Kopitar seems a step slow these days. Not sure if age caught up, or he's trying too hard, but he looks snakebit a lot. He was everywhere against the Ducks in the finale, but he just couldn't put it in. I could live with that though. Getting chances but not putting them in, you just have to live with that. But prior to that, he hasn't looked dominant. Brown has been a healthy scratch a lot, but I think the Kings are just so soft in general, that I don't know that you have that many other options for any sort of player who might lay a check on somebody. Lemieux. Maybe Kempe. Durzi a little bit. Edler is maniac, and I thought he struggled in 2012 against the Kings, and from what I see he's certainly not faster than he was ten years ago. But he's got size, so there's that. I just feel like he gets caught reaching a lot, and he spends a ton of time in the box, which is a killer against teams with elite talent like Edmonton. Quick played pretty unreal that final week (Except for trying to play the puck against Anaheim. He really should never try to play the puck...ever). I guess I would just say with Brown is that I am really torn on how he is used. Relegated to 3rd/4th line is definitely unceremonious if these are his final games as the first Kings captain to lift the cup (Twice!).

Kings with the soft schedule to round out the year, but Ducks were gunning for them, and wins are wins. Nice to see them finish strong. I keep seeing the "Magic Number" to clinch but then it changes every day, so that is a different definition than I remember. I thought if the number was 3, then you just had to get 3 points, or the team behind you had to lose. However you made that 3 was fine. Kings went and got 4 of 4 and still haven't locked it up. But it was like 96% to make the playoffs, so looking good still.