• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Draft Chat

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrie Cleveland is like that last surprise Christmas present you get on Christmas day that you never asked for!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrek Tuszka I love this guy he is the right size and has production!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now on to the undrafted free agents.

Anyone you would like?
Larmar Jackson
Evan Greenway
Josh Love

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrie Cleveland is like that last surprise Christmas present you get on Christmas day that you never asked for!

I would have felt that way but no Boise St players. Happy for you.

I like Cleveland and the WR from Virginia late. Did someone draft him god he looked good at ST's

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was all our picks today I seen we burnt a draft pick on TE.. God Elway needs to see a head shrink

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was all our picks today I seen we burnt a draft pick on TE.. God Elway needs to see a head shrink

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have felt that way but no Boise St players. Happy for you.

I like Cleveland and the WR from Virginia late. Did someone draft him god he looked good at ST's

Chargers took Joe Reed

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROUND OVERALL PLAYER SELECTED GRADE
1 15 WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
2 46 WR KJ Hamler, Penn State
3 77 CB Michael Ojemudia, Iowa
3 83 C Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU
3 95 DL McTelvin Agim, Arkansas
4 118 TE Albert Okwuegbunam, Missouri
5 178 LB Justin Strnad, Wake Forest
6 181 G Netane Muti, Fresno State
7 252 WR Tyrie Cleveland, Florida
7 254 EDGE Derrek Tuszka, North Dakota State

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2020 draft class is:
Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama
KJ Hamler - WR - Penn State
Micheal Ojemudia - CB - Iowa
Lloyd Cushenberry - C - LSU
McTelvin Agim - DT - Arkansas
Albert Okwuegbunam - TE - Missouri
Justin Strnad - OLB - Wake Forest
Netane Muti - OG - Fresno State
Tyrie Cleveland - WR - Florida
Derrek Tuszka - OLB - North Dakota State

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was so excited about Cleveland going to Denver I didn't even get to the Tuszka pick.

Good flyer on that pick. I see him making a strong push to add depth to our pass rush. Worst case is PS as he develops a bit more. (Same with Cleveland, but I think Cleveland can make opening day roster with special teams play).. Tuszka reminds me some of Malik Reed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will note before someone else finds out.. Cleveland is the only person in our class to have some red flags. He did get suspended for a short time from UF.. He and teammate Rick Wells missed a season opener for firing a BB gun in the UF dorm. Not at anyone though... Nothing serious, just stupid.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver went into the draft with one goal score more points.

id say they hit it out of the park with reaching that goal with how the draft fell. Wirfs was never a LT for Denver .

Getting the number one player at the number 1 need at 15 is an A+. Getting Chase Young is the only option better.

love the out of the box double dip early on WR. Had a couple teams behind Denver in both rounds wanting JJ and KJ.

the 3rd round DB was a head scratcher
At 77 when I heard they had Hennessy above Cush. Could have gotten OJ at 83 and Hennessy At 77. Cush is a very good consolation price . Maybe both were the graded close to the same .

The TE is another target in the original game plan of the draft.

Plus love Muti and had posted that desire to be drafted back in January so in the 6th for a 3rd G awesome. Achilles come back stronger after surgery and his lisfrac is healing fine

KABOOM or bust for sure.

overall the draft came to Denver and they pounced . A top 3 draft in the NFL .
When the chiefs planet gushes over our draft gotta feel good.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 6 Drafts
1. Vikings(15 picks so they had a pretty big advantage here)
2. Ravens
3. Jets
4. Colts
5. Broncos
6. Cowboys

Bottom 5
1. Packers
2. Titans
3. Bears
4. Seahawks
5. Eagles

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell what the new trend is... It always happens once a team has success with it... Track like WR's... Every team in need of WR's this year ignored size and went for speed.. Eagles especially with Reagor, trading for Goodwin and drafting Watkins late... We saw the Broncos add a lot of speed, and the Raiders did as well. The trend will probably change when some team starts to win championships again with big WR's... I like that our first rounder has size and speed. :)

Are the Packers planning to run the triple option this year?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers took Joe Reed

I think he would of worked rather well with this OC we have.

I guess one of the reasons LA C let go Rivers is because of Lynn wanting to go to Mike Shanahans Scheme so joe Reed should help out there as well

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would of worked rather well with this OC we have.

I guess one of the reasons LA C let go Rivers is because of Lynn wanting to go to Mike Shanahans Scheme so joe Reed should help out there as well

After taking Jeudy and Hamler I don't think we were looking to spend another pick on a WR early on day 3.

Cleveland was added because of his size/speed and ability to play special teams late in the draft. Joe Reed didn't make a lot of sense at that stage. Had we waited on a second WR until day 3, sure...

But Hamler is going to help u a lot more and was more what we were looking for at that stage. There were a ton of WR's in this draft that could have helped us.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After taking Jeudy and Hamler I don't think we were looking to spend another pick on a WR early on day 3.

Cleveland was added because of his size/speed and ability to play special teams late in the draft. Joe Reed didn't make a lot of sense at that stage. Had we waited on a second WR until day 3, sure...

But Hamler is going to help u a lot more and was more what we were looking for at that stage. There were a ton of WR's in this draft that could have helped us.

I just like his after the catch power is all he is fun to watch on screens

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 6 Drafts
1. Vikings(15 picks so they had a pretty big advantage here)
2. Ravens
3. Jets
4. Colts
5. Broncos
6. Cowboys

Bottom 5
1. Packers
2. Titans
3. Bears
4. Seahawks
5. Eagles
Imo:

Top:
1. Bengals
2. Browns
3. Colts
4. Rams*
5. Cowboys

Bottom:
1. Packers
2. Chargers
3. Bears
4. Saints
5. Eagles

Factoring in Jalen Ramsey into the Rams draft although I thought they did well with what they had. Bengals were at the top of the draft and they picked great players at the top of their rounds. Hard to fault them for their picks imo. Colts got a rocket for a running back, a project QB with a rocket arm, and a solid WR prospect, and I think they did a good job getting a safety, too.

My Chargers ranking is based on where they drafted. They basically went all-in on getting two guys to lead their team. Murray seems alright. I think it speaks volumes that everyone seems way more excited about the Ravens picking Queen. Herbert, though? Do any of you guys think he is as good a prospect as Lock? And they passed up getting a LT to get Herbert after trading theirs away.

The only decent pick the Packers had was Jordan Love and thats arguably pretty terrible, too. It honestly looked like someone was trying to intentionally sabotage a Super Bowl contender.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys sorry I have not been around over the past three days. We have been live over at MHH so put in almost 18 hours of screen time. Worth it as lots of fun to talk about the draft as always but definitely one of the more tiring times I've ever had watching the draft.

Anyway as for the draft itself I have to say I am in love. I don't think it was any secret of how much I wanted WR in the 1st and how much I wanted 2 WR's early in the draft to really revamp this offense. I did not expect Elway to go back-to-back. They absolutely showed with this draft how much they believe in Drew Lock. Heck before they took Albert O (not even going to try to spell his last name for a while) they called him to make sure he thought it was a good decision. You don't do that unless you trust the judgment of that player. Having said that Albert O is probably my least favorite pick the Broncos made mostly because I'm not sure where he fits in since Shurmur doesn't run 2-TE sets a whole lot and the Broncos shouldn't be running a whole lot of them with Hamler and Jeudy needing to be on the field.

I know the offense will be the talk for quite some time this offseason but I want to kind of point to the defensive players the Broncos took. Agim might turn into one of the bigger steals of this draft. 5-star recruit that honestly wasn't given the best chance to show off his skill set as his team was rarely playing with a lead making it difficult for him to get pass rush opportunities. Even with that he still had one of the best pass rush grades of any interior player in this draft.

Ojemudia is another that just fits well with what this defense is. Has some learning to do at the position but honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see him win that #2 job if Callahan is still struggling with injury. Or for him to at least be the 3 CB in with Callahan moving to the slot in nickel situations. Ojemudia if you look at the stats (I know I know don't be a box score scout) but he allowed a QB Rating of 3 on intermediate passes. He allowed a QB rating of 33 on deep ball passes. Pretty much the only place he was beat was teams throwing short passes and him coming up to make the tackle. He only gave up like 300 yards this past season and again most of that was just on short completions where he did not allow much YAC.

Justin Strnad is another that fits what the Broncos needed in a zone scheme coverage linebacker. He thrived at it and even his 2018 season finished as the best coverage LB in the ACC. This past year obviously he got hurt so have to factor that in but for a situational guy I think he will be a nice piece moving forward.

Overall though again love this draft. Couple of positions I wish they would have found somebody like that of the 3rd safety spot (sounds like they are going to give Duke Dawson a real shot at winning the position) and of course would have liked to have seen a developmental tackle, but to expect the Broncos to find value and fill every hole was just unrealistic.