• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason...Staff, FA, Draft Outlook

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Antonio Brown missed game for disciplinary reasons, not injury

What do you guys make of the AB situation (I apologize if its in another thread)? I wonder if they need to start thinking about life without this guy. He's been one of the best WRs in the game for years, but he seems to be becoming a cancer.

Just read an struggle about this......

Honestly, this is another product of poor coaching.
With all the shit he has done with no consequences, it's no wonder he's a loose cannon.
The story I read, was amended, and it gave the players name.
AB threw a ball at Ben's head in one of his tantrums. And this team being short on coaching not only didn't name who AB threw the ball at, but lied and said he was hurt. I'm sorry, but if I'm the coach....I'm making it known you got benched because you are an idiot. I'm making sure people know you got benched because you can't follow team rules....but as always Tomlin pushes off this behavior, then wonders why it gets worse.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of bullshit I'm talking about. A bunch of mother fucking divas on this goddamn team. First Bell with his holdout, then Ben with his fucking comments to the media this year AND last year about "not having it anymore" and now Antonio. When is this front office gonna get this shit in fucking check?!?! I'm sick and fucking tired of seeing article after article about issues with fucking players. Grow the fuck up. Jesus christ.

This is what we get by having a bunch of in it for themselves divas on our team. Don't worry about what you're showing your teammates by skipping practices or being mad because you didn't get a team award, no, lookout for yourself and don't get yourself healthy enough to play the last game of the year. Antonio, get over yourself. JuJu had a better season than you. Nothing personal, but he was better than you this year. Simple as that. Can't get over that, then good fucking bye.

What is the front office doing? Letting the inmates run the asylum and making the organization look like a fucking joke. Fire Colbert immediately! Get someone in here that will get players in check.

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brown situation is entirely in Tomlin. He let this monster ego grow. He humored it, he refused to discipline it when it might have meant something.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brown situation is entirely in Tomlin. He let this monster ego grow. He humored it, he refused to discipline it when it might have meant something.
Via ESPN:

“A number of Steelers employees, players, even the team owner himself Art Rooney II reached out to Antonio Brown, and he did not return any of their texts or messages.”

“The bigger issue for several veteran players that I spoke to today was that Mike Tomlin did not even address Antonio Brown or the situation from the previous week with any of the current players. Several veterans said to me that for this Steelers team to move forward, for next year to be different, for chemistry, this has to be about player leadership. This has to be about players holding each other accountable.”

"The growing sentiment within the #Steelers locker room is that too many personalities are put ahead of the team. At least, that’s what the guys who are actually accountable and talk have to say."

"Mike Tomlin went out of his way to make up a story for Antonio Brown. "Vet day" on Wednesday. "Sent him for tests Friday". BS about "health" after the game Sunday. Why cover for someone acting so unprofessionally? Is he afraid to sound like a disciplinarian?"

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via ESPN:

“A number of Steelers employees, players, even the team owner himself Art Rooney II reached out to Antonio Brown, and he did not return any of their texts or messages.”

“The bigger issue for several veteran players that I spoke to today was that Mike Tomlin did not even address Antonio Brown or the situation from the previous week with any of the current players. Several veterans said to me that for this Steelers team to move forward, for next year to be different, for chemistry, this has to be about player leadership. This has to be about players holding each other accountable.”

"The growing sentiment within the #Steelers locker room is that too many personalities are put ahead of the team. At least, that’s what the guys who are actually accountable and talk have to say."

"Mike Tomlin went out of his way to make up a story for Antonio Brown. "Vet day" on Wednesday. "Sent him for tests Friday". BS about "health" after the game Sunday. Why cover for someone acting so unprofessionally? Is he afraid to sound like a disciplinarian?"

If this is 100% true....GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, MIKE TOMLIN.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via ESPN:

Just pencil in 2019 as a one-and-done at best.

TheBurgh88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My guess is that he is butthurt that he didn't get team MVP.

He is all about himself and his numbers. He quickly became my favorite Steeler when I first saw him play. How has he become such a cancer to the team?

I really think they need to move on from him. How can you bring him back at this point?

I guess the leaders from the Cowher era eventually retired and we are left with this hot mess. Once Ben (not that he is much of a leader) finally retires we are going to see some really dark years.

Cleveland and Baltimore are looking up while we are taking a nose dive for the cellar. At least the Bengals can keep us company but they finally did the right thing and fired Lewis. Steelers not so much.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yinzers on the radio blaming Ben. Calling race card, and pulling the knoll wouldn’t allow this card:crazy:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pencil in 2019 as a one-and-done at best.
Agreed.

The worse thing is I literally have no reason to believe it will be any better next year. This team clearly learned nothing from all the drama last season that ultimately lead them into getting bounced by the Jags. There is no chemistry in this locker room.

Things just keep getting worse.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see some surprise retirements this offseason. Or more talent requesting trade to get the fuck outta town before the dumpster gets lit on fire.