• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Regular Season Thread

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles and Indians have held discussions on a number of players, per Jon Morosi of MLB.com (Twitter link), who calls a trade of Adam Jones to Cleveland a “viable” possibility. The Indians, Morosi notes, have been in the market for a right-handed-hitting outfield bat.

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the O's don't mess this trade deadline up...We need to attempt to trade Jones/Trumbo/Manny/Schoop/Davis/Britton and possibly Gausman. Now realistically we will not be able to trade all these players but we really need a fire sale. Also, I hope we consider strongly rebuilding our entire front office, scouting department and minor league structure. It just seems that whatever the O's do in the draft they will never have a solid farm system and that is most likely the fault of management. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens over the next couple of weeks for the O's.

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the O's don't mess this trade deadline up...We need to attempt to trade Jones/Trumbo/Manny/Schoop/Davis/Britton and possibly Gausman. Now realistically we will not be able to trade all these players but we really need a fire sale. Also, I hope we consider strongly rebuilding our entire front office, scouting department and minor league structure. It just seems that whatever the O's do in the draft they will never have a solid farm system and that is most likely the fault of management. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens over the next couple of weeks for the O's.
I will miss Manny.:salute: :pout:Of the core players, who will go first?:plane:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss Manny.:salute: :pout:Of the core players, who will go first?:plane:
I think britton . manny they will keep tring to get more . jones they have to get his ok to get to a fart . love to see all gone but schoop , boom booom , sisco ,scott , givens, gausman and bundy . the rest we have better upside in the minors . our pitchers have played all year with a terrible D team .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOOKING AT chapmans deal cubs . yankees got their no 1 guy now torres warren and 2 others for a rental player . so britton they say teams are lining up with offers for him we should get atleast one very high prospect up to 4 all together . manny should get more then that .

Zephyrus001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think britton . manny they will keep tring to get more . jones they have to get his ok to get to a fart . love to see all gone but schoop , boom booom , sisco ,scott , givens, gausman and bundy . the rest we have better upside in the minors . our pitchers have played all year with a terrible D team .

I don't think I will miss anyone -- other than Manny. He is meant to be a career Oriole.

The Birds are currently competing with KC for last place and the worst record in the Majors.

Without any star power, not many will care about the team for years -- unless the trade deals made and a few of the youngins in the Minors get called up and develop into above average players.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I will miss anyone -- other than Manny. He is meant to be a career Oriole.

The Birds are currently competing with KC for last place and the worst record in the Majors.

Without any star power, not many will care about the team for years -- unless the trade deals made and a few of the youngins in the Minors get called up and develop into above average players.
I'm in the same boat. I won't miss anyone. I appreciate the players contributions to the team over the years but it's time to move on and start fresh. Lets get the best we can for anyone we can and do what we should've started doing at this time last year, which is starting the rebuild.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the brewers 2nd baseman huriea sp and a few others would be great . hell move schoop to third .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the brewers 2nd baseman huriea sp and a few others would be great . hell move schoop to third .
The Phillies “would include” young righty Adonis Medina in a deal for Machado, per MLB.com’s Jon Morosi. Medina, a top-100 prospect, is a player the Orioles have long been rumored to have interest in. If he’s in the package, it could make the Phils “well-positioned” to land Machado, writes Morosi, though surely there’s still time for other organizations to boost their offers as well.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies “would include” young righty Adonis Medina in a deal for Machado, per MLB.com’s Jon Morosi. Medina, a top-100 prospect, is a player the Orioles have long been rumored to have interest in. If he’s in the package, it could make the Phils “well-positioned” to land Machado, writes Morosi, though surely there’s still time for other organizations to boost their offers as well.
BETTER BE 4 MORE

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey atleast he is a right hander we are getting a lot of lhp .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say 8 teams looking at britton . lets go o's

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles are “going through the medicals/paperwork” in an effort to finalize an agreement with an unknown team, per ESPN.com’s Buster Olney (Twitter link). While the “structure of a deal [is] in place,” Olney also stresses that “this in [sic] not finished yet.”

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Orioles are “going through the medicals/paperwork” in an effort to finalize an agreement with an unknown team, per ESPN.com’s Buster Olney (Twitter link). While the “structure of a deal [is] in place,” Olney also stresses that “this in [sic] not finished yet.”
I bet phillies unless dodgers increased their offer . be cool if britton ccould also be traded before Friday . I don't get the ja happ stuff cashner on a good d team and nl would cut his era by 1 easily .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we need to get a hader in these deals I can't believe we was so stupid .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well most likely 3rd base will be dosch or nunez unless they bring mountcastle up on Friday .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Interest In Zach Britton Has "Picked Up Steam"

As for Machado: 11:22pm: Heyman tweets that the players in the deal are agreed upon, though there could yet be some medical reviews to be finalized. Notably, he suggests that there are “believed to be” five minor leaguers going to the Orioles, though obviously the quality of those five will vary. It’s still unclear who, outside of Diaz, is going to the Orioles in the deal, but Heyman adds that there’s no cash changing hands in the trade. That won’t yet put Los Angeles over the luxury tax line, however. Machado is owed about $6.45MM through season’s end, and the Dodgers were about $15MM south of the luxury tax line prior to this agreement.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12:08am: Michael Duarte of NBC Sports L.A. tweets that right-handed pitching prospect Dustin May, long reported to be a target of the O’s, is expected to change hands in the deal. Double-A infielder/outfielder Errol Robinson is also believed to be included, per Duarte.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12:08am: Michael Duarte of NBC Sports L.A. tweets that right-handed pitching prospect Dustin May, long reported to be a target of the O’s, is expected to change hands in the deal. Double-A infielder/outfielder Errol Robinson is also believed to be included, per Duarte.
that alone makes it a win for us .with 2 more to come