• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Regular Season Thread

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why there are not any top prospects in the deal:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ortiz was #7 Brewers prospect, is a RHP
Carmona was #14 Brewers prospect, is a SS

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiura? I doubt he was even on the table straight up.

duke got screwed again by the brewers . the o's didn't get anyone in our top 10 in any of these trades today . I hate carrol is in the pros and kline isn't ? best part of gausman deal was the dump of oday . it frees up spot for our minor league starters .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duke got screwed again by the brewers . the o's didn't get anyone in our top 10 in any of these trades today . I hate carrol is in the pros and kline isn't ? best part of gausman deal was the dump of oday . it frees up spot for our minor league starters .
The Braves trade I didn't think was bad since we dumped O'Day and got some International slot money in return to use (wisely I hope). I do agree that I figured that we would've gotten a better return for Schoop than what we did. If that was all we got, we should've waited until the waiver wire deadline or the offseason and hope he continued his hot streak.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Braves trade I didn't think was bad since we dumped O'Day and got some International slot money in return to use (wisely I hope). I do agree that I figured that we would've gotten a better return for Schoop than what we did. If that was all we got, we should've waited until the waiver wire deadline or the offseason and hope he continued his hot streak.

this what I don't like about the o's . they give the new guys a shot before we give our guys that have earned a shot . carroll over kline ,diaz over hays , bannon over mountcastle , tate over means . we are back to pie over reimold ? I remember tommy hunter over britton . wonder how many will have to be protected from rule v . I hope we stop that shit never got anyone worth a shit most never make it or is a bench warmer .real test will we eat davis contract ? I can see keeping Trumbo if we have to but mancini needs first so our outfield Is D great . beckham not sure he is worth a utilty guy I hope he is non tendered .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BEAT THE MIGHTY YANKEES OH YES !!!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we trying to outdo the Mets pitiful performance from the other night? :noidea:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we trying to outdo the Mets pitiful performance from the other night? :noidea:
it looks like we are set on getting the top draft pick .

look you give me this team . I have no room for rickard , Peterson , beckham , aj , valenicia , marinez a 30 yearold bp arm , castro I would send him down along with tanner until sept .

up john maine , kline and yaco for the pitchers . steward , mullins , and yaz just to grade them for next year . inf dosch , mountcastle and a live person for short . hell be better than we are today . I still think sisco should be at the majors everyday .

kline for closer

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how we feeling guys? Like this was inexorable? A year too late? We'll have to travel through bitter waters before we reach the sweet, for sure. The worst part will be when we seem to make a couple of strides, only to fall back again. Who knows if that'll be in two years... or three. I just hope we don't do what the Blue Jays seem to perpetually do... show signs of promise, only to slip back to mediocrity... seemingly forever.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how we feeling guys? Like this was inexorable? A year too late? We'll have to travel through bitter waters before we reach the sweet, for sure. The worst part will be when we seem to make a couple of strides, only to fall back again. Who knows if that'll be in two years... or three. I just hope we don't do what the Blue Jays seem to perpetually do... show signs of promise, only to slip back to mediocrity... seemingly forever.
This should've happened last year. Anyone could've seen that our pathetic pitching staff wasn't getting us to a wild card spot last year. We probably could've gotten better prospects in all of the deals as well.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should've happened last year. Anyone could've seen that our pathetic pitching staff wasn't getting us to a wild card spot last year. We probably could've gotten better prospects in all of the deals as well.

Should have traded Manny and Schoop at the dead line last year. They would of landed much better prospects then. Schoop had a monster year .293 32HR.

This team/farm system needs a ton of work and I really wouldn't know where to go from here. Trumbo may have some trade value, maybe move Givens?

Hopefully get the #1 pick and also sign Victor Messa as well.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have traded Manny and Schoop at the dead line last year. They would of landed much better prospects then. Schoop had a monster year .293 32HR.

This team/farm system needs a ton of work and I really wouldn't know where to go from here. Trumbo may have some trade value, maybe move Givens?

Hopefully get the #1 pick and also sign Victor Messa as well.
Agreed. Schoop had been off for most of the season until July. Should've traded him while he had more value.
It'll be hard to unload Trumbo unless we eat a portion of the contract. Davis' contract is of course an albatross. I'd be a little surprised to see Jones back after this season. I think the plan for the offseason would probably be to load up on some cheap one year deals and rule v guys and hope that they do well and trade them while we give some time to the guys in the minors to continue developing. Hopefully Cobb and Cashner can rebound next year and can get someone to bite on them as well.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Schoop had been off for most of the season until July. Should've traded him while he had more value.
It'll be hard to unload Trumbo unless we eat a portion of the contract. Davis' contract is of course an albatross. I'd be a little surprised to see Jones back after this season. I think the plan for the offseason would probably be to load up on some cheap one year deals and rule v guys and hope that they do well and trade them while we give some time to the guys in the minors to continue developing. Hopefully Cobb and Cashner can rebound next year and can get someone to bite on them as well.

Hopefully, Trumbo keeps it up the rest of the season. We may have to send some cash but you would think someone would want him.

No one will ever touch Davis.

Jones seems like he wants to stay in Baltimore. Maybe if he he'll take a extremely friendly deal and willing to move to RF I can see the team offering him a contract. He's a fan favorite and they need someone to sell tickets.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, Trumbo keeps it up the rest of the season. We may have to send some cash but you would think someone would want him.

No one will ever touch Davis.

Jones seems like he wants to stay in Baltimore. Maybe if he he'll take a extremely friendly deal and willing to move to RF I can see the team offering him a contract. He's a fan favorite and they need someone to sell tickets.

to me we have to get a Trumbo deal first before signing aj cause at some point adam would be a dh only .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATM The future are scott, mullins, boom boom . I will never understand why we have beckham playing . nunez is a terrible fielder .