• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge weekend. I was kind of expecting a let down for at least one game but they got the 4 points.

This had all the makings of a game they would drop, but Hall and co. once again came through!

Magic number is now 4 points, either gained by the Devils or lost by the Panthers. Also, only 1 point behind Philly. But I'm mostly just focused on getting in right now!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonderful setup/goal sequence from Zajac to Hall...

Nico almost hauled in 3 tonight....

much needed breather now. Hope FLA freakin drops!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright here we looking at

Metro
Wsh 1st
Pitt 96 pts +3(from NJ)
CBJ 94 pts +1

WC
Phi 94 pts +1
NJ 93 pts +7

Fla 86 pts

---
Games Remaining: as of 4/2/18
Pitt - 2
CBJ - 3
Phi - 3
NJ - 3
FlA - 5
---

Remaining Schedule:
Monday:
Carolina at Florida

Tuesday:
NYR @ Devils
Flyers @ Islanders
Predators @ Panthers
Detroit @ CBJ

Thursday:
Toronto @ Devils
Carolina @ Flyers
Pitt @ CBJ
Bruins @ Panthers

Friday:
Ottawa @ Pitt

Saturday:
NYR @ Flyers
Buffalo @ Panthers
Devils @ Washington
CBJ @ Nashville

Sunday:
Florida @ Boston

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If NJ wins out and Pitt loses one, we can pass them... wow...

Our fate isn't set yet but we're looking anywhere from 2nd to out of playoffs LOL...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make it I do not want Boston in the first round. Kinkaid was a beast, we should have lost that game but he kept us in it.

Stamkos is hurt (he first got hurt against us). He sat out the next game, played against Boston, played 12 mins against the Rangers and only played 7:20 last night.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that was an insane game wow this team really has heart and if they get the right matchup they might actually be able to win some games in the playoffs. who is this kinkaid guy? reminds me of hamburgler 2.0.

i dont know about you guys but when i saw it was hall coming in on the breakaway i knew it was a goal thats how insanely clutch he is. not as talented skill wise as kovy but hes waaaaaaay better then him and easily one of the best devils in team history up there with 4/27/26/30 for sure

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If we make it I do not want Boston in the first round. Kinkaid was a beast, we should have lost that game but he kept us in it.

Stamkos is hurt (he first got hurt against us). He sat out the next game, played against Boston, played 12 mins against the Rangers and only played 7:20 last night.

yeah this is my biggest fear either washington or boston. more so boston but don't want either of them. i think if the devils can get the pens they can knock them off. tampa? they might force to game7

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright here we looking at

Metro
Wsh 1st
Pitt 96 pts +3(from NJ)
CBJ 94 pts +1

WC
Phi 94 pts +1
NJ 93 pts +7

Fla 86 pts

---
Games Remaining: as of 4/2/18
Pitt - 2
CBJ - 3
Phi - 3
NJ - 3
FlA - 5
---

Remaining Schedule:
Monday:
Carolina at Florida

Tuesday:
NYR @ Devils
Flyers @ Islanders
Predators @ Panthers
Detroit @ CBJ

Thursday:
Toronto @ Devils
Carolina @ Flyers
Pitt @ CBJ
Bruins @ Panthers

Friday:
Ottawa @ Pitt

Saturday:
NYR @ Flyers
Buffalo @ Panthers
Devils @ Washington
CBJ @ Nashville

Sunday:
Florida @ Boston

Thanks for this! Easier than looking on nhl.com. We basically could win one of those remaining games and Florida could lose once in regulation and we are in...not to mention the countless other possibilities. Last nights win was huge for this exact reason.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for matchups, not looking ahead to that until we are officially in. Even so, I don’t care at this point. We have shown we can play with anyone. Obviously Boston is lights out lately but still, never know.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was an insane game wow this team really has heart and if they get the right matchup they might actually be able to win some games in the playoffs. who is this kinkaid guy? reminds me of hamburgler 2.0.

i dont know about you guys but when i saw it was hall coming in on the breakaway i knew it was a goal thats how insanely clutch he is. not as talented skill wise as kovy but hes waaaaaaay better then him and easily one of the best devils in team history up there with 4/27/26/30 for sure
That moment, if I were a Habs fan, I'd throw my arms in air, claiming wtf, of course that happens! MTL missed an open netter to take the lead, MTL then shoots from the top, of all places, right into a Devils defender who had the puck stick close enough for him to lift(smart reaction by Zajac) the puck over the last man into, of all people coming out of box, Hall for a breakaway, gut killer goal!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for matchups, not looking ahead to that until we are officially in. Even so, I don’t care at this point. We have shown we can play with anyone. Obviously Boston is lights out lately but still, never know.
From Boston, TB n WSH, Boston is the least of the teams I would want to play against. But they too have shown some cracks in the armor.

Whoever gets CBJ, PHI and NJ(hopefully) are getting strong ass, on fire type teams... first round matchups in the east ain't looking easy. Then there's the surging Panthers who would also be trouble for someone.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking TB wins the cup early on in the season but Boston looks to be the favorite right now.
As to who we play, my preference is to avoid the Bruins first round, but it really does not matter. Every team is dangerous. For example, not really possible but if we play the Flyers first round, that is just as tough as any other team we could face.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the big reason to get out of the 8 spot is to avoid the atlantic playoffs. say we beat boston that means we probably face tampa in round 2 (if they beat the leafs) then have to face washington? pitt? in the conference finals? then say they make the finals have to face nashville or winnipeg? yikes talk about a horrible road to the cup lol. if the devils were to win going that route they should give them two stanley cups.

i really dont know how columbus is doing what they are doing and really dont want to play them either since torts will just collapse around the goal again. washington always gives the devils granted holtby is having an off year. the flyers are streaky as hell and have some questionable goaltending but they have studs. pens are the pens but they are ripe for picking off. winning 8 straight playoff series has to take a toll.

devils IMO need that 7th seed. stay away from boston and tampa til you have to play them

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the season ended today:
Boston vs NJ
TB vs Toronto
Wsh vs Philly
Pitt vs CBJ

If it were the old playoff seeding, the matchups would be:
1. Boston vs 8. NJ
2. Washington(right, division winner?) vs 7. Philly
3. Tampa Bay vs 6. Columbus
4. Toronto vs 5. Pittsburgh...

Still like the old formatting better.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams with the top 2 picks in the draft are in the playoffs... luv Hockey for it...

makes you cry about how teams like Edmonton get consistently top position in drafts only to fail over n over(last year being an exception)

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAR and FLA tied 2-2 in the 3rd.

Man, CAR could be the real MVP tonight...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i didnt have much faith in carolina getting the job done last night. i think nashville at least gets an overtime win and i'm really hoping the devils just come out and crush the rangers and give the fans at prudential a much needed win against them after the past 5 years

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the win tonight!!! lets go Devils!

NO way we letting off the gas pedal!

One game at a time, lets do this!

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash