• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Ongoing Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy, my buddy and I were talking Saturday about how this team lacks a guy that will go into the locker room and chew a player out for poor performance and then TG tweeted this:

These guys HATED losing, we need a guy like this.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt like the NYI were on penalty kill through the whole game!

wtf, FLA barely broke a sweat...

mother fucker.

Watch they play us like a champ... jesus

Well, if there is any good news, it's that out of their last 8 games, they play the B's three times and the Leafs and Preds once each. Five out of eight tough games against teams in a playoff spot.

Flip side, of our 7 left: Pens, Caps, and Leafs are the only teams in a playoff spot.

I like our chances just based off that alone. The B's are fighting to take the division from Tampa so they'll have something to play for. I just hope the Devils don't lose games to the teams they should beat as per usual.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if there is any good news, it's that out of their last 8 games, they play the B's three times and the Leafs and Preds once each. Five out of eight tough games against teams in a playoff spot.

Flip side, of our 7 left: Pens, Caps, and Leafs are the only teams in a playoff spot.

I like our chances just based off that alone. The B's are fighting to take the division from Tampa so they'll have something to play for. I just hope the Devils don't lose games to the teams they should beat as per usual.

Doesn't Columbus have to do a west coast swing as well?? hopefully they fold on that trip. especially with Filagno out

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Columbus and Philly are on the west coast right?

Tonight:
Devils vs Hurricanes
Flyers @ Stars
CBJ @ Oilers

Come Dallas!
Be a man Edmonton!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we still take care of business. I feel like winning 5 of 7 is both realistic and will get us there. Obviously that assumes some losses by any of the other teams close by. But again, it’s being realistic.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down 3-2. God I hate how this team functions. All year, play great against great teams, play like shit against bad teams. Pull your heads out of your ass.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE comeback to get those 2 in regulation. Only 2 back from Philly with game in hand, can close to within 2 of Pens and still have game in hand on them with win tomorrow. Crazy we could realistically finish anywhere form 2nd in division to outside looking in. Gotta keep taking care of our own business

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE comeback to get those 2 in regulation. Only 2 back from Philly with game in hand, can close to within 2 of Pens and still have game in hand on them with win tomorrow. Crazy we could realistically finish anywhere form 2nd in division to outside looking in. Gotta keep taking care of our own business
god damn metro is wide open still though Pens and CBJ for sure look to be locks in some fashion...

damn panthers, get off the pedal and start making bad decisions!!!

also, i read, please correct me if wrong, that we would lose on ROW? in case in tie breakers, can someone clarify that to me?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god damn metro is wide open still though Pens and CBJ for sure look to be locks in some fashion...

also, i read, please correct me if wrong, that we would lose on ROW? in case in tie breakers, can someone clarify that to me?

I believe we have 35? And Florida has 36, so we would most likely have to get in outright, cantc rely on any tie breakers.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would be even better if the flyers tanked out at the end

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really thought last night was the trap game for them and it was shaping up to be that way. thank god staal decided to pass back on the 2on1 and miss the wide open net. hall is on another level right now and really want to see if he can continue that in the playoffs the guy is just a beast out there.

flyers lost in overtime what else is new? thats 12OTL for them pittsburgh got blew out in detroit and columbus somehow score 7 unanswered against the oilers lol.

florida plays back to back leafs and sens tonight tomorrow so i'm counting on one of them to be a loss and figure one of the bruins games to be a loss and the key is the predators game they need to lose that game.

that building sounded like it was rocking last night!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really going to be a dog fight to the end. I really feel like this team is playing too well to not get in. They would definitely be the best team to not get in, should that unfortunately be the case.

CBJ isn't going anywhere clearly, so it's down to us, Flyers, and Panthers. Our game against the Pens will be huge and does make me nervous. I just can't see them sweeping the Pens this year but I have been wrong plenty of times before.

Leafs can get in tonight if they beat the Panthers (Good for us), and the Flyers lose to the Avalanche in regulation (also good for us). In all, tonight could be a huge lift to our chances if these games go our way.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come Toronto, lou.... do us a freaking solid!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flyers' luck has to run out right?

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's one loss for Florida.... thanks Leafs.... now we need to widen that gap tomorrow night against the Pens... we need a win again... Cryers are currently beating Avs 2 to 1 in second... hopefully they will lost that one to help us out even more....