• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 offseason

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that we drafted badly for years and it's not all about having a elite QB. But I don't feel were a poorly run franchise overall. I think our owners want to win and have no problem spending what it takes. And I see the change happening with this new GM.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, if he has to worry about an injury, then he needs to go. That's just hindering the offensive production by doing that.
And from what Ive seen, it seems like the league knows to tackle him by the ankles.It happens quite the bit.
He does go down easily and seldom takes or gives direct hits. That does keep him healthier.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some talk that the Jets are considering a "tag and trade" scenario for Wilkerson. I cannot envision a more immediate impact move at a position of great need than this for the Bears. But at what cost?
That would be huge. Hey if they tag him, they will have to trade him. Maybe we could give them a 5th for him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

actually the 3-4 DE market as I looked at it a little more today has some other juicy looking targets we might not even have to trade for. Denver has both Jackson & Wolfe coming up, and if they have to save the tag for Von Miller, then both of those guys could come free and at a good price. I would be totally stoked if we could get either one of them, and Fox knows them too. They are both really strong run defenders. The Bears have a pile of cap space to use, and considering 3-4 DEs are "cheap" positions to fill in free agency, could be an excellent way in which to improve the team.

C

cubzzzfanincali

So just in looking at our cap table, and in who is signed, we basically have a long laundry list that needs filling. Let's assume for purposes of this discussion that no major surprise cuts are made, even including the most likely cut on the roster of Bushrod (who costs the cap $8.7 but $4.4 of that is dead). I don't know what his situation is, whether he is hurt and hurt for good or not, but let's pencil him in only as the swing tackle that at best he seems to deserve to be (but man that's a lot to pay a swing tackle). Also assuming White is good to go next year.

Offense:
WR: 1 (unless Jeffery tagged)
TE: 2
O line: 4 (at least 1 tackle, 3 interior)
QB: 1
3-4 DLine: 3 or 4
3-4 OLB: 1
3-4 ILB: 3
S: 2
CB: 4

That's 21-22 guys, a huge hole in the roster. It's pretty clear to see we have huge needs at CB, D Line, inside linebacker, and O line. Good thing we have a lot of cap space, the front office is going to have to be pretty busy.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said BM & AJ were our best 1 and 2 tamdon ever, they are a set. Or we could ask for a second 5th round pick.

Gee... Quite the reach there Noon.

And getting a 5th round pick is better than nothing. Especially when there's a mutiny against a player by his own locker room, and his bags are already packed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee... Quite the reach there Noon.

And getting a 5th round pick is better than nothing. Especially when there's a mutiny against a player by his own locker room, and his bags are already packed.
Best Bear tamdon. If not who you got? Conway and Gram?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's B. Marsh and AJ all day. No one even comes close.

It's too bad it "couldn't" have been kept together, regardless of who or what is to blame.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Devin Hester and "our" Wes Welker, Dane Sanzenbacher?

C

cubzzzfanincali

next week is tag week...which type do you think AJ gets? I'll take a guess he gets the non-exclusive tag. He's good but if someone wants to overpay him and give us two firsts for him, I'm good with that.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next week is tag week...which type do you think AJ gets? I'll take a guess he gets the non-exclusive tag. He's good but if someone wants to overpay him and give us two firsts for him, I'm good with that.

We all know that's not happening.

And we definitely can not l.et him go either..... First BM, and the AJ........No thanks.
Hate to see an unproven White and Royal leading this wr group.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Hester and "our" Wes Welker, Dane Sanzenbacher?

Stop blaming devin for having to stop and jump for each pass. His feet are only fast when they are in the process of touching the ground.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transition tags are not used as often anymore since you cannot use the franchise tag if you use transition. Transition most often leads to holdouts since it only guarantees top 10 money not top 5 and there is no compensation if you do not decide to match any your player signs with the other team.

Honestly, transition probably works better for Alshon since there will be questions about his durability, but you might as well shake his hand and ask to give you a chance to match if you think about using it. Franchise tag is that Von Miller player that already made a difference and is gonna be offered stupid money by a team with alot of cap room. He is worth being paid as the top OLB in football, but not set the new bar.

C

cubzzzfanincali

yeah, I'm sure they won't use the transition tag. Nobody does. But I'd bet they use the non-exclusive franchise tag rather than the exclusive tag. I don't expect anyone to pick it up, so he'd almost certainly stay a Bear, but it would save some money and in the very unlikely event someone would pick it up, the Bears would be very well compensated.

C

cubzzzfanincali

just looked it up, Charles Clay was only one to get the transition tag last year, and I think most people around the league were surprised Miami did that and regarded it as a mistake (Buffalo did after all pick him up).

Jeffery is in a pretty similar situation to DeMaryius Thomas last year, who also got the non-exclusive tag.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forte just bid goodbye to the chicago fans. Apparently he will not wait for the GM to set his priorities on free agent signings and does not want to be an afterthought.

Well, I dont doubt Matt can play another 8 seasons in the nfl if he wants to, more receiver reps and will be a missing piece to some contender for sure.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just looked it up, Charles Clay was only one to get the transition tag last year, and I think most people around the league were surprised Miami did that and regarded it as a mistake (Buffalo did after all pick him up).

Jeffery is in a pretty similar situation to DeMaryius Thomas last year, who also got the non-exclusive tag.

yeah, you save some money doing transition, and any player that missed half a season should be eligible for a similar type tag but with at least some compensation. Basically, its tagging a guy you really dont mind losing.