• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Salary Cap Draft : CHAT

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought players in these things were always judged by their entire careers. If it were how they are doing this year, then there is no reason to pick ADP or Watt, since they are on the IR.

Yes, that's true but those are all time drafts, this is a current draft, the rules are different. Key word CURRENT...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's true but those are all time drafts, this is a current draft, the rules are different. Key word CURRENT...

But i would assume it is create your team for the 2017 season... such that injuries are irrelevant, and breakouts are not treated to be god...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But i would assume it is create your team for the 2017 season... such that injuries are irrelevant, and breakouts are not treated to be god...

Current : Adjective - Belonging to the present time, happening or being used or done now.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy I'm pretty sure I ashes this before but I wana get in on ufc fighting what's the recommended plan for that
You bet Buddy. There are a few things I would consider when choosing a school....if you want to get in the cage, you need to find a school that is well rounded. To be an MMA fighter, you don't have to be a black belt in BJJ, Sambo, etc, you don't have to be a college wrestler or a golden gloves boxer, but you are gonna have to know a little of each.
Most schools that have MMA fighters are well rounded, but they are gonna specialize in one thing or another. It is a good idea for new guys to spend more time at first working BJJ, as a ground game takes longer to learn than a standup game.
Next, take a realistic look at yourself...Your path to the cage is gonna be a little different if you are 18-20 than it will be if you're 28-30. What is your body type and athletic level? What sports were you good in in HS/College? The reason I ask, is if you're favorite fighter is Wonderboy Thompson, but you were a Nose Tackle in High School, you're going to have to emulate a different guy.
Most of the guys that come to our school that really want to fight are a couple of years away from being ready to get in a cage, though if a guy has an athletic base, it's possible to get them ready within 7-8 months(on a small, ammy show of course). When I fought as a pro, I had trained in Martial Arts my entire life, and MMA was just blowing up when I was mid 30's, so I turned pro right off the bat. With my son Jared, he started training at 15, had his first ammy fight at 18, has fought 5 times and is about to turn pro at 21, so 6 years to turn Pro. He is fighting on a Legacy Card, the former owner of Legacy just took a job as basically the #3 man with UFC, so if he does well, he could be in the UFC in 2-3 years, so 7-8 years from when he started. That's kind of how I view it, HS football players play 4 years(ammy fighting) then 4 years of college(non UFC pro shows) before going to the NFL(UFC). Let me know a little about yourself, and I will try and help you with a game plan. Hope that helps

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet Buddy. There are a few things I would consider when choosing a school....if you want to get in the cage, you need to find a school that is well rounded. To be an MMA fighter, you don't have to be a black belt in BJJ, Sambo, etc, you don't have to be a college wrestler or a golden gloves boxer, but you are gonna have to know a little of each.
Most schools that have MMA fighters are well rounded, but they are gonna specialize in one thing or another. It is a good idea for new guys to spend more time at first working BJJ, as a ground game takes longer to learn than a standup game.
Next, take a realistic look at yourself...Your path to the cage is gonna be a little different if you are 18-20 than it will be if you're 28-30. What is your body type and athletic level? What sports were you good in in HS/College? The reason I ask, is if you're favorite fighter is Wonderboy Thompson, but you were a Nose Tackle in High School, you're going to have to emulate a different guy.
Most of the guys that come to our school that really want to fight are a couple of years away from being ready to get in a cage, though if a guy has an athletic base, it's possible to get them ready within 7-8 months(on a small, ammy show of course). When I fought as a pro, I had trained in Martial Arts my entire life, and MMA was just blowing up when I was mid 30's, so I turned pro right off the bat. With my son Jared, he started training at 15, had his first ammy fight at 18, has fought 5 times and is about to turn pro at 21, so 6 years to turn Pro. He is fighting on a Legacy Card, the former owner of Legacy just took a job as basically the #3 man with UFC, so if he does well, he could be in the UFC in 2-3 years, so 7-8 years from when he started. That's kind of how I view it, HS football players play 4 years(ammy fighting) then 4 years of college(non UFC pro shows) before going to the NFL(UFC). Let me know a little about yourself, and I will try and help you with a game plan. Hope that helps

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm like 6'1" 160 so not a big guy really. I don't expect to exactly start kicking people's asses lol. But I'm 21 and in pretty decent shape. Played baseball and ran xc in HS and still play regular pickup basketball games. Not sure if any of that is helpful.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already listed me as in so I felt that was a binding agreement. Sure why not I guess I'll play in your rainder games.

Whats a rainder?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm like 6'1" 160 so not a big guy really. I don't expect to exactly start kicking people's asses lol. But I'm 21 and in pretty decent shape. Played baseball and ran xc in HS and still play regular pickup basketball games. Not sure if any of that is helpful.
My Son Jared is 21 also. He was a good baseball player, but young for his class, I should have held him back, he went from 5'10" to 6'2" his freshman year in college.

6'1" 160 is a great frame for MMA. It's not about kicking ass, if you walk the isle and get locked in a cage with another trained fighter, you've got balls Bud. That's the beauty of the sport, you won't fight someone who is 325, whoever you fight will have to weigh in at the same weight you do.
At 160, you'd be fighting at 145, you'd have a big height and reach advantage on most of the guys you face. Muay Thai and BJJ are excellent for a guy with your frame. Also, go to several different schools before choosing one for yourself. The big thing is finding a real team, guys that care about each other and love helping each other.
We have a tight knit group, but we always make it a point to go and cross train with schools we get along with. There's a school in Dallas that hosts an open class every Saturday strictly for fighters, and they get guys from 7-8 different camps that come out for 3 hours of sparring and grappling, it's a blast.
Gotta warn ya, it's addictive. MMA will get you in the next shape of your life, help your confidence, and if you ever do get in a cage, even a small show...you're a rock star. I was a pretty good football player, but I'm telling you, there's a difference between thousands of people cheering for or against your team or cheering for or against YOU lol. Fight once, you'll be hooked

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id love to do a Mock. But tHoop is almost unusable for me without wifi. I'm about halfway thru the project I'm on, but March might be the next time I can jump back in.

Got a message yesterday that I've used 90% of my data for the month already. And this is the only site I "try" to get on. (#2 and 3 on my favorites right now are sites I get redirected to from here.)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in

Time for me to open up a can of whoop ass

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO!

Well....

Maybe....

I guess....

I KEEL YOU!!! :deadhorse:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Son Jared is 21 also. He was a good baseball player, but young for his class, I should have held him back, he went from 5'10" to 6'2" his freshman year in college.

6'1" 160 is a great frame for MMA. It's not about kicking ass, if you walk the isle and get locked in a cage with another trained fighter, you've got balls Bud. That's the beauty of the sport, you won't fight someone who is 325, whoever you fight will have to weigh in at the same weight you do.
At 160, you'd be fighting at 145, you'd have a big height and reach advantage on most of the guys you face. Muay Thai and BJJ are excellent for a guy with your frame. Also, go to several different schools before choosing one for yourself. The big thing is finding a real team, guys that care about each other and love helping each other.
We have a tight knit group, but we always make it a point to go and cross train with schools we get along with. There's a school in Dallas that hosts an open class every Saturday strictly for fighters, and they get guys from 7-8 different camps that come out for 3 hours of sparring and grappling, it's a blast.
Gotta warn ya, it's addictive. MMA will get you in the next shape of your life, help your confidence, and if you ever do get in a cage, even a small show...you're a rock star. I was a pretty good football player, but I'm telling you, there's a difference between thousands of people cheering for or against your team or cheering for or against YOU lol. Fight once, you'll be hooked

Sounds great man, thanks. Im not sure theres much around me where I live right now but Ill look around. Its definitely something I wanna get into soon. Definitely like that it would put me in great shape too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want some input from everyone on this...

I like the idea of the player be judged currently but injuries shouldnt matter. The injured players should still be judged currently (as current as possibly) bc that would mean JJ is worthless bc he is lost for the season