• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 49ers, solid draft important beyond 1st pick splash

True, we focus on Round 1 with good reason, but Rounds 2 and 3 must come thru too. Not expecting they come thru like the Round 1 pick, but you get the gist.

IMO all these top 10 guys in this draft are 'equal' value, wish i could have two of them. So falling back to Need, clearly we need OT the most. The O-line IS horrible, plus Staley will be 32 this year. We address a dire Need, and plan for LT now, as opposed to when Staley announces his retirement.

Round 2, hoping our BPA is a QB, even if we trade up a little to get him. If not QB, then a pass rusher if there is one.

Round 3, Prescott if we didn't address QB in Round 2.
I agree, if you follow my Mock draft that we had on sportshoopla you can see that I target 4-5 guys that gcan play right away. We have many holes and we need to fill them. We need to find 2 starters from Day 1 and 2 guys that will provide us depth and see the field. Then we need another 1-2 guys to come through in 2 years with playing time and depth.

This is a Big draft for this team. We only get 1 starter here we will be in for a long year(we might be in one anyways).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, we focus on Round 1 with good reason, but Rounds 2 and 3 must come thru too. Not expecting they come thru like the Round 1 pick, but you get the gist.

IMO all these top 10 guys in this draft are 'equal' value, wish i could have two of them. So falling back to Need, clearly we need OT the most. The O-line IS horrible, plus Staley will be 32 this year. We address a dire Need, and plan for LT now, as opposed to when Staley announces his retirement.

Round 2, hoping our BPA is a QB, even if we trade up a little to get him. If not QB, then a pass rusher if there is one.

I would love Buckner in rd 1 but if not we can get a pass rusher in Rd 2. The good thing about this draft there is depth is the pass rushing Cat.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really hope both Bosa and Jack gets picked before #7. or at least one of them.

just don't see Bosa fitting our scheme well enough for #7 overall? Jack is clearly about his knee, we just can't gamble.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely. All FO's make mistakes and draft busts. Walsh had his share of 1st round busts/disappointments but he hit with some great picks in the other rounds it didn't hurt all that much. Baalke has missed on too many picks thus far.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. All FO's make mistakes and draft busts. Walsh had his share of 1st round busts/disappointments but he hit with some great picks in the other rounds it didn't hurt all that much. Baalke has missed on too many picks thus far.
What late picks has worked out since he has been GM. Not many. I guess u can say last year class looks like to be a good one with Brown and Lynch and we will see what year 2 brings with bell and Harold and smelter. He made a good pick with armstead and Tarrt. So I will have to say last year was his best class. He needs to follow that up with a great class this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What late picks has worked out since he has been GM. Not many. I guess u can say last year class looks like to be a good one with Brown and Lynch and we will see what year 2 brings with bell and Harold and smelter. He made a good pick with armstead and Tarrt. So I will have to say last year was his best class. He needs to follow that up with a great class this year.

Defensive picks have been better for sure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really hope both Bosa and Jack gets picked before #7. or at least one of them.

just don't see Bosa fitting our scheme well enough for #7 overall? Jack is clearly about his knee, we just can't gamble.
I dont know why u feel like that. Some compare him to a young Justin Smith. Smith was great in our D.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 ILB are falling. Bama LB Ragland has been flagged for enlarged Aorta.

Man sucks to see the top 3 guys at that position fall because of medical reasons.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day of the Draft and no talk.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st shocker. Tunsil might fall to us. we are getting tunsil or buckner

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Well at least one was picked, Bosa to the Chargers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont know why u feel like that. Some compare him to a young Justin Smith. Smith was great in our D.

Ok goodk someone else did take Bosa. So moot point for the 49ers.

On the other hand, guess i was wrong cause doesn't SD use a 3-4 base? Granted, teams don't stay in a pure 3-4 all the time, but just didn't think Bosa fit well enough for #7 overall.