• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what he was supposed to do to make them better hitters. This isn't football where players fear for their jobs. I can't count the number of times Wash put the bench players in the line up and was accused of giving the game away. I remember once in KC when the bench players were in the line up and he caught hell for starting them.

I remember him catching a lot more hell for starting MY continuously in the 5 spot when he was doing everything possible to drag this team down. Deservedly so I might add.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I just can't type fast enough to keep up with what my brain is thinking about. Do backtrack and try to correct Grammar and Typos but some misspelled words and typos still get thru.

I thought you stated your point very well.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot that can be done this offseason and a lot of scenarios that could play out. I think it is almost a guarantee that Hamilton will not resign with us, he has stated that he will go where the money is and I am betting that will be about $24-$25 mil/yr for 5 or 6 years and the Rangers will most certainly not match that....I think we will be better off without that contract commitment though, it will allow us to see what we got with our top specs and give us the financial flexibility to go after bigger needs like pitching. I think getting Price and Greinke should be our main focuses, pitching is what cost us this year and it should be our priority. If it takes Profar to get Price I say do it, Profar is pretty much a luxury for us with having Andrus and Kinsler while an ace is a desperate need.

just throwing this out there as an idea in my head, but you guys think there is any chance we could pry Wil Myers from the Royals? Maybe in some kind of deal that includes Holland and/or Cruz if we eat a lot of their salary?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot that can be done this offseason and a lot of scenarios that could play out. I think it is almost a guarantee that Hamilton will not resign with us, he has stated that he will go where the money is and I am betting that will be about $24-$25 mil/yr for 5 or 6 years and the Rangers will most certainly not match that....I think we will be better off without that contract commitment though, it will allow us to see what we got with our top specs and give us the financial flexibility to go after bigger needs like pitching. I think getting Price and Greinke should be our main focuses, pitching is what cost us this year and it should be our priority. If it takes Profar to get Price I say do it, Profar is pretty much a luxury for us with having Andrus and Kinsler while an ace is a desperate need.

just throwing this out there as an idea in my head, but you guys think there is any chance we could pry Wil Myers from the Royals? Maybe in some kind of deal that includes Holland and/or Cruz if we eat a lot of their salary?

This. They just dont get that great pitching wins championships. Giants for example. Yu darvish probably will be a Ace next year with harrison as a very good pitcher too. A guy like greinke or price makes this rotation that much more dangerous. With price/darvish/harrison or greinke/darvish/harrison looks like a great top 3 to me. Assuming that darvish keeps up what he did the last 2 months of the season into next season.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they understand the importance of pitching now? Go back about 10-15 years. Nolan and Maddux has changed the culture of pitching on this ball club. The pitching is going in the right direction.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pitching is Very Important. Remember the Three Rangers Playoff teams of the 90's was All Offense. Never got Past the Division Series against the Yanks.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they do understand the importance of pitching, but I think they are relying entirely too much on home grown pitchers to become top flight pitchers and quite frankly we really dont have high talent on home grown pitchers. We have a lot of guys from within that always project to be a #3 at best, never a guy that projects to be a future ace. Perez looked at first to be a good who could develop into an ace but he hasnt looked even close to that the last couple years. They need to be focusing their efforts on getting a proven legit ace and to me the only guy that MIGHT be available that matches that is Price. Greinke is a #2 to me, but he would still be a great addition on top of getting an ace.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Perez was ever expected to be an ace. He's also only 21.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rangers went on the otherside of the World to Get an Ace. That being Yu Darvish. But I do agree that the Rangers need somebody else to go with Darvish. Greinke would be a Great Addition and Price would be as well.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers went on the otherside of the World to Get an Ace. That being Yu Darvish. But I do agree that the Rangers need somebody else to go with Darvish. Greinke would be a Great Addition and Price would be as well.

While price is a dream. Greinke can be had
This offseason. But we do have the package to get Price also. I was hearing that the dbacks might trade trevor bauer. Hes projected to be a ace for the
Dbacks. I wonder what it would take to get upton and bauer?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While price is a dream. Greinke can be had
This offseason. But we do have the package to get Price also. I was hearing that the dbacks might trade trevor bauer. Hes projected to be a ace for the
Dbacks. I wonder what it would take to get upton and bauer?

Greinke shouldn't't be mentioned in the same sentence as Price.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him catching a lot more hell for starting MY continuously in the 5 spot when he was doing everything possible to drag this team down. Deservedly so I might add.

You make it sound like it was purposely done. We all know how much you hate MY but too say he was trying to drag the team down on purpose is carrying it a little far even for you.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read all 5 pages but I'm predicting that Boston gets Hamilton and Greinke goes back to the NL.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make it sound like it was purposely done. We all know how much you hate MY but too say he was trying to drag the team down on purpose is carrying it a little far even for you.

Your reading comprehension needs work. I was simply saying MY's playing every day was dragging the team down. Not that anyone was intentionally trying to hurt the team.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a pretty nutshell - JD basically just said Wash will be the manager next season.

Organization likes Wash, blah blah blah... he did a good job... blah blah blah...

Wash is here next year.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
theres a lot of self-evaluation going on in texas after shocking 1-9 finish. but ron washington will be back. #wash

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read all 5 pages but I'm predicting that Boston gets Hamilton and Greinke goes back to the NL.

I doubt Boston throws another insane contract at another player when they just got rid of their other crippling contracts. I think they will be smarter about their spending and signing Hamilton would not be smart, especially when they need pitching bad....I honestly dont really see a market for Hamilton, the big market teams dont seem to be looking to spend, he would be a nice fit in SF for the bat they need but he has stated he doesnt want to go there, the small market teams still dont seem willing to spend on a big contract so unless a random team emerges, i dont know where his contract will be offered from....I think the teams with the biggest need for his bat are the Red Sox, Indians, Giants, Rays, and Pirates, all of which I have mentioned reasons as to why he doesnt fit with them....two teams that could become players for him are the Diamondbacks and Cardinals and obviously the Rangers are going to at least make an offer, although I dont see either of those teams making a commitment longer than 4 years. Diamond backs would be a surprise, but if they trade Upton and one of their starting pitchers, I think they would have to money to spend on Hamilton and plus their core is starting to develop and their young pitchers could start to emerge similar to how the A's rotation did this year. There was a reason the A's signed Cespedes and the Diamondbacks could be in a similar situation, but with a higher profile player in Hamilton. The Cardinals would have to money to spend on him with bigger contracts coming of the books this year and next year, but with the improvement of Jay and Craig providing solid production, it might be hard to fit Hamilton in with Beltran having another year left on his contract.....that doesnt leave many options for Hamilton and he hurt his value by saying he didnt want to play in SF when they would have been a team other teams would be bidding against. It might actually turn out that the Rangers will offer him the best contract which would also be a contract they are comfortable with. I think a 4 year/$75 mil with a club option for a 5th year would be the best offer from the Rangers.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reading comprehension needs work. I was simply saying MY's playing every day was dragging the team down. Not that anyone was intentionally trying to hurt the team.

I think I read exactly what you posted.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a pretty nutshell - JD basically just said Wash will be the manager next season.

Organization likes Wash, blah blah blah... he did a good job... blah blah blah...

Wash is here next year.

No surprise there.