• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if in the end it takes Olt then i'd do it but i start out offering Joey Gallo & Leury Garcia along with Cruz and see how Colorado responses

personally I'd rather have Gallo than Olt

We have a number of players in the minors that could play 3b well around the time Beltre's contract is up

There are many IF options among the Sardinas', Profar's, Odor's, Garcia's and Gallo's

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't turn loose of Gallo just yet. I know it's just rookie league, but good lord did you see the numbers that kid put up?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't turn loose of Gallo just yet. I know it's just rookie league, but good lord did you see the numbers that kid put up?

i know but they will be looking at Olt as part of the new infield core while Gallo would find his progress blocked by Olt. but we'll have to wait and see. if they go after CarGo one or the other will probably be part of the package

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send Wash and Hamilton packing. Use Young strictly as a utility bench player since we're stuck with his contract. Do whatever it takes to keep Elvis. See if a package of Olt+Holland+Scheppers can land a top starting pitcher to pair with Yu. Either that or explore a trade for CarGo. Give Profar an honest shot to make the opening day roster as a starter. Demote Kinsler out of the leadoff spot. Give Gentry more playing time and chances to use his speed. Adams is a 50/50 keep-let walk situation for me. Re-sign Napoli as long as the terms are reasonable.

Let the guys just have a relaxing offseason. After 3 years of winning baseball and 2 WS appearances, they've earned it. Return in 2013 with a new manager, healthier players, and a renewed sense of optimism. This team easily has enough talent, especially with an upgrade or two, to be right back in the WS next year.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Hamilton will be a Dodger and Wash in the unemployment line. Sign Koji.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to let josh go and cut young. Fire wash. Sign greinke, found out a way to get justin upton somehow. Anything else? Rangers should go out and get another TORP to go along with Darvish. Who i think will have a huge year next year.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can't trade Gallo until he's been with us for a year, so that's around the All star break.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Send Wash and Hamilton packing. Use Young strictly as a utility bench player since we're stuck with his contract. Do whatever it takes to keep Elvis. See if a package of Olt+Holland+Scheppers can land a top starting pitcher to pair with Yu. Either that or explore a trade for CarGo. Give Profar an honest shot to make the opening day roster as a starter. Demote Kinsler out of the leadoff spot. Give Gentry more playing time and chances to use his speed. Adams is a 50/50 keep-let walk situation for me. Re-sign Napoli as long as the terms are reasonable.

Let the guys just have a relaxing offseason. After 3 years of winning baseball and 2 WS appearances, they've earned it. Return in 2013 with a new manager, healthier players, and a renewed sense of optimism. This team easily has enough talent, especially with an upgrade or two, to be right back in the WS next year.

I agree with you on everything. Kinsler has no business leading off. He walks very little. Never see him hit to rightfield. Its just swing for the fence most of the time with him.
I like Olt but if we could package him in a deal to get get back a reliable frontline starting pitcher then we need to do it. With Dempster being gone and Colby not being available untill July or August I definitely think the front office will be looking for someone to pair with Darvish.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to let josh go and cut young. Fire wash. Sign greinke, found out a way to get justin upton somehow. Anything else? Rangers should go out and get another TORP to go along with Darvish. Who i think will have a huge year next year.

the rangers are not going to cut 16M. Greinke is not the answer. Justin Upton and/or CarGo have been Rangers targets since before the 2012 trade deadline.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rangers are not going to cut 16M. Greinke is not the answer. Justin Upton and/or CarGo have been Rangers targets since before the 2012 trade deadline.

Greinke is as good or better than anything we currently have 2-5 in the rotation and will probably be better than anyone the Rangers can promote. The only question is his price tag.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton isn't coming back. Others will be gone too.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Hamilton. I'd sign him for the right price and put him in RF and maybe drop him down in the batting order. I think the key piece to signing Hamilton, aside from length and dollars of his contract, is Nolan Ryan. Not sure Nolan would be on board with it.
Murphy, Moreland, Kinsler and Cruz come to mind as possible trade bait. Maybe a couple of others. Speculating on the younger guys, Martin,Olt, etc. as trade material for upgrades seems to be a waste of time.
I would hope that Adams, Napoli and Feldman get their mail at a different address next year.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for Price and either Cargo or Upton, sign Greinke and maybe BJ Upton.....Let Hamilton and Napoli go, get rid of Kinsler, Cruz, and Holland....revamp the bullpen by getting rid of Feldman and Lowe to start.....I would say fire Wash but it doesnt look like that is going to happen.
Like I said before, this team needs a new core of players and at least some of the moves above is a MUST. #1 priority is to pry Price away from the Rays, major upgrades to the rotation need to be made and since there is not a lot out there in free agency it will more than likely have to come through trades.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for Price and either Cargo or Upton, sign Greinke and maybe BJ Upton.....Let Hamilton and Napoli go, get rid of Kinsler, Cruz, and Holland....revamp the bullpen by getting rid of Feldman and Lowe to start.....I would say fire Wash but it doesnt look like that is going to happen.
Like I said before, this team needs a new core of players and at least some of the moves above is a MUST. #1 priority is to pry Price away from the Rays, major upgrades to the rotation need to be made and since there is not a lot out there in free agency it will more than likely have to come through trades.

Don't want anything to do with the Upton's, a lot of quit in those two

Price and CarGo would be interesting acquisitions, but at what cost? Profar can't go anywhere

I would LOVE to extend Andrus, but it probably ain't happening with Boras around, Extend Elvis, move Kinsler to LF and let Profar/Andrus leadoff and hit 2nd, Put Profar at 2B

For Price I give up Perez for sure

For CarGo I give up Olt no problem, but its the extra that ends up sucking our system dry

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want anything to do with the Upton's, a lot of quit in those two

Price and CarGo would be interesting acquisitions, but at what cost? Profar can't go anywhere

I would LOVE to extend Andrus, but it probably ain't happening with Boras around, Extend Elvis, move Kinsler to LF and let Profar/Andrus leadoff and hit 2nd, Put Profar at 2B

For Price I give up Perez for sure

For CarGo I give up Olt no problem, but its the extra that ends up sucking our system dry

Agree with everything. No to the Uptons, yes to CarGo. And to be honest, I would actually rather target a top pitcher like Price instead of absolutely having to find a monster bat to replace Josh. I would much rather have David Price on the mound and Craig Gentry in CF than some spare 5th starter pitching and CarGo in the OF.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that if you get both Uptons on the same team they will play harder because the joy of baseball would come back to them....I honestly dont think Cargo is going to be available. Price is almost a necessity after this year's huge collapse, even if that means giving up Profar. Kinsler can't be moved to the OF, he would be greatly overpaid playing out there and his defense would be even worse. Trading Andrus would make all the sense in the world in a deal for Price except for the fact that besides getting an upgrade at SS for the Rays, it doesnt really do much else for them and Profar would make much more sense for them. If it takes Profar to be included in a deal for Price then I think it has to be done, I like Profar and I truly believe he will be great, but we need a TORP BADLY and filling that hole should be more of an importance than keeping an unproven spec.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that if you get both Uptons on the same team they will play harder because the joy of baseball would come back to them....I honestly dont think Cargo is going to be available. Price is almost a necessity after this year's huge collapse, even if that means giving up Profar. Kinsler can't be moved to the OF, he would be greatly overpaid playing out there and his defense would be even worse. Trading Andrus would make all the sense in the world in a deal for Price except for the fact that besides getting an upgrade at SS for the Rays, it doesnt really do much else for them and Profar would make much more sense for them. If it takes Profar to be included in a deal for Price then I think it has to be done, I like Profar and I truly believe he will be great, but we need a TORP BADLY and filling that hole should be more of an importance than keeping an unproven spec.

Its about assembling the best possible team and if that means moving Kinsler to the OF, then so be it, overpaid or not, I mean we already pay MY to play period, anything he does at this point is overpaid

Profar doesn't go anywhere, he's your replacement for Andrus

If that means Olt and Perez for Price I'm ok with that

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall can cross Francona off your wish list, he's headed to Cleveland.