• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Offseason Player Transaction Thread

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is premature but I don't care!

Ok, what would you guys like to see happen during the offseason?

I'd like to make a play for Zach Greinke. Signing him would give us an Ace of the staff and would hurt the Angels.

Sign Greinke.
Trade Ian Kinsler and play Profar at 2nd.
Trade for Justin Upton to replace Josh Hamilton.
Resign Mike Adams.
Resign Mike Napoli 3 years 24mil, or a 1 year deal if he want's to try to get his value back up.
Sign Big Papi 2 years 30mil deal to be our DH.
Trade Michael Young if there's a team that is willing to take him!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to see Ian going anywhere. He had a down year but he's still a top 3 2b in all of baseball and Profar needs another year to season. He's what?? 19??

Ortiz won't leave Boston.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is premature but I don't care!

Ok, what would you guys like to see happen during the offseason?

I'd like to make a play for Zach Greinke. Signing him would give us an Ace of the staff and would hurt the Angels.

Sign Greinke.
Trade Ian Kinsler and play Profar at 2nd.
Trade for Justin Upton to replace Josh Hamilton.
Resign Mike Adams.
Resign Mike Napoli 3 years 24mil, or a 1 year deal if he want's to try to get his value back up.
Sign Big Papi 2 years 30mil deal to be our DH.
Trade Michael Young if there's a team that is willing to take him!

I'm 50/50 on Greinke, I just have a feeling he implodes here for some reason

I'm ok with trading Kinsler, but who would take him at that price, especially after this past season

Would rather have CarGo

I'm ok with Adams coming back

Napoli I wouldn't sign for more than 2 years, maybe some options in there and incentive based play, 8 million per is kind of steep, considering he KILLED his value both offensively and defensively this past year

I don't see ANY need for David Ortiz, I'm done with no fielding DH options

NO ONE will take Young, only option is to release him at this point and eat his contract, even if we paid his whole contract there's nothing of value to be had for him

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why everyone wants Grienke....I just dont see it with him. (given his track record). (He isnt the Ace in LAA...so the pressure isnt too much on his shoulders right now). But here? Different story.

This team just signed Kinsler to an extension....he isnt going anywhere.

Would rather have CarGo as well.....but probably do not wish to pay the price it would take to get him (or Upton for that matter).

With the news on Adams "injury/condition".... I think there is a good chance Adams is back here next year (1yr deal perhaps?)

Nap Nap... I like the guy....but idk. I try to resign him....but if he wants too much $$$$....sorry boutcha.

Young is staying put... its his last year on his current contract. If anything, he might be traded mid-season.

Id have to look at who all is available on the market for this coming season. I know Cruz & Young will be in their final year of their contracts. (Good riddance to both).

Personally, I try to sign Josh. No more than 5 years (and thats pushing it). Extend Elvis, extend Harrison. Olt & Profar start the year in AAA....
Oh, and find a halfway decent leadoff hitter. (consistent). Martin maybe?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on Grienke. I think he either goes back to KC or back the NL. He's been good lately for LAA, but he is going to cost $120M to get and we don't have that cash for him. I'd keep Ian and I'd make a push to keep Josh.

My to do list is:
-Resign Koji
-Resign Adams
-Resign Nap
-Ignore Young all offseason, don't feel pressure to lock up the face for more years even at a lower price
-Decline the option on Scooter
-Work on an extension for Elvis to get an idea of cost and start talking trades at Owner meetings
-Find a replacement for Maddux. Pretty sure someone offers him a job this year
-Give Thad Levine a big raise again to keep him here as AsstGM
-Olt and Profar start in AAA this year with regular call ups for injuries
-Explore Feliz's willingness to be a setup man next year with his future as our closer after Nathan. If it isn't there, find a trade partner.

A midseason trade package of Elvis and Feliz would probably bring two nice returns, or one super stud.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 50/50 on Greinke, I just have a feeling he implodes here for some reason

I'm ok with trading Kinsler, but who would take him at that price, especially after this past season

Would rather have CarGo

I'm ok with Adams coming back

Napoli I wouldn't sign for more than 2 years, maybe some options in there and incentive based play, 8 million per is kind of steep, considering he KILLED his value both offensively and defensively this past year

I don't see ANY need for David Ortiz, I'm done with no fielding DH options

NO ONE will take Young, only option is to release him at this point and eat his contract, even if we paid his whole contract there's nothing of value to be had for him

agree with you on everything but what the Rangers would do with Young. they are not going to release him simply because of what he's meant to the team in the seasons prior to this one. his role will probably be drastically reduced this coming season especially after Washington is fired.

also like the idea of CarGo over Justin Upton.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with you on everything but what the Rangers would do with Young. they are not going to release him simply because of what he's meant to the team in the seasons prior to this one. his role will probably be drastically reduced this coming season especially after Washington is fired.

also like the idea of CarGo over Justin Upton.

I know they won't release him, but I 'm saying that no one would take him in a trade, he has almost zero value even if we paid his contract

If the goal is to get him off the roster the only way is by release

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pass on Grienke. I think he either goes back to KC or back the NL. He's been good lately for LAA, but he is going to cost $120M to get and we don't have that cash for him. I'd keep Ian and I'd make a push to keep Josh.

My to do list is:
-Resign Koji
-Resign Adams
-Resign Nap
-Ignore Young all offseason, don't feel pressure to lock up the face for more years even at a lower price
-Decline the option on Scooter
-Work on an extension for Elvis to get an idea of cost and start talking trades at Owner meetings
-Find a replacement for Maddux. Pretty sure someone offers him a job this year
-Give Thad Levine a big raise again to keep him here as AsstGM
-Olt and Profar start in AAA this year with regular call ups for injuries
-Explore Feliz's willingness to be a setup man next year with his future as our closer after Nathan. If it isn't there, find a trade partner.

A midseason trade package of Elvis and Feliz would probably bring two nice returns, or one super stud.

don't believe that the Rangers will offer Young any kind of extension or new contract as a player but do see them signing him for a front office after the 2013 season.

also believe that Wash is history after this season's debacle and Mike Maddux might be a strong candidate to replace him with Greg Maddux becoming pitching coach

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they won't release him, but I 'm saying that no one would take him in a trade, he has almost zero value even if we paid his contract

If the goal is to get him off the roster the only way is by release

that's what i'm saying, they aren't going to release him. he will see a drastically reduced role but he will be on the roster

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't believe that the Rangers will offer Young any kind of extension or new contract as a player but do see them signing him for a front office after the 2013 season.

also believe that Wash is history after this season's debacle and Mike Maddux might be a strong candidate to replace him with Greg Maddux becoming pitching coach

Why would Mike Maddox be any better than Wash? He's just as responsible as Wash for this wreck.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Mike Maddox be any better than Wash? He's just as responsible as Wash for this wreck.

Maddux wasn't the one running out inferior lineups for 3/4 of the season and he's turned Texas pitching around.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wash is the one who ran out inferior offensive and defensive lineups, which is the main reason for this mess

Rangers pitching is actually not the reason for this mess, with all the injuries this year Maddux deserves a raise for keeping the staff afloat for as long as he did

Maddux's biggest fault is not turning Holland into something better by now

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash is the one who ran out inferior offensive and defensive lineups, which is the main reason for this mess

Rangers pitching is actually not the reason for this mess, with all the injuries this year Maddux deserves a raise for keeping the staff afloat for as long as he did

Maddux's biggest fault is not turning Holland into something better by now

difficult to get a headcase to listen

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He gets Harrison to listen most of the time

Holland actually wasn't bad outside the propensity to give up the long ball this year, even with all his injury and weight loss issues

career low in WHIP and just about every measureable concerning K and BB rate

HR ball killed him this year, plain and simple, Colby Lewis Syndrome

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also want to state, he and Harrison are different beasts (obviously), I think Harrison tends to pitch too tentatively and Holland becomes a bit too sure of himself in certain counts

I think if they just took a bit of each others games they would both be better pitchers

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to state, he and Harrison are different beasts (obviously), I think Harrison tends to pitch too tentatively and Holland becomes a bit too sure of himself in certain counts

I think if they just took a bit of each others games they would both be better pitchers

you may be right, but lefties tend to be headcases who dance to their own tune

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to delete the Wash arguments. This thread wasn't created to debate how good or bad a manager Wash is or how good or bad a coach Maddux is. If you want to debate it create your own thread.