• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Buffalo Bills

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe our drafts will be a little better now

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Kolb is rumored to be the week 1 starter

which is good news

so now EJ Manuel gets 3 weeks to learn before getting thrown into the fire

or at least that's an estimate, Kolb is very injury prone so I don't see him lasting long.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Kolb is rumored to be the week 1 starter

which is good news

so now EJ Manuel gets 3 weeks to learn before getting thrown into the fire

or at least that's an estimate, Kolb is very injury prone so I don't see him lasting long.

Though the Zona O Line is one of the worst I have ever seen. Bills O Line is not awesome but it should provide a little more protection.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though the Zona O Line is one of the worst I have ever seen. Bills O Line is not awesome but it should provide a little more protection.

This is true sir, I'm not too optimistic about the line all that much though.

I would be a little more had we kept Levitre, but with him gone we have a pretty big hole at guard.

I hope I'm wrong though

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true sir, I'm not too optimistic about the line all that much though.

I would be a little more had we kept Levitre, but with him gone we have a pretty big hole at guard.

I hope I'm wrong though

Who knows hopefully Glenn improves and becomes the LT we havent had since ... well ever. Personally im kinda sick of grabbing guys in the sixth and seventh round and sticking them on the OLine and hope they work out.

Its like ohhh Mike Williams was a Bust and Jason Peters was decent lets never invest in a high rated OLine ever again.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows hopefully Glenn improves and becomes the LT we havent had since ... well ever. Personally im kinda sick of grabbing guys in the sixth and seventh round and sticking them on the OLine and hope they work out.

Its like ohhh Mike Williams was a Bust and Jason Peters was decent lets never invest in a high rated OLine ever again.

I think Glenn definitely has the potential there, Eric Wood is a great center, just wish he didn't get hurt as often. Kraig Urbik, was a higher pick, but we ended up with him because the Steelers didn't want him, at least he's solid. Right now the left guard spot is a battle between guys who haven't been drafted earlier than the 5th round, maybe we'll get lucky and one of them will become a solid starter, but luck hasn't been a big part of our franchise.

LOL!! Busts certainly do happen, don't know why they pick certain spots, our last QB we drafted early was dadburn JP Losman, who was about as crappy as they could get.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Glenn definitely has the potential there, Eric Wood is a great center, just wish he didn't get hurt as often. Kraig Urbik, was a higher pick, but we ended up with him because the Steelers didn't want him, at least he's solid. Right now the left guard spot is a battle between guys who haven't been drafted earlier than the 5th round, maybe we'll get lucky and one of them will become a solid starter, but luck hasn't been a big part of our franchise.

LOL!! Busts certainly do happen, don't know why they pick certain spots, our last QB we drafted early was dadburn JP Losman, who was about as crappy as they could get.

Yeah Urbik was a Third but Pears was Undrafted, I agree I was sitting there actually praying that the Bills traded up to get Big Ben. of course they didnt they instead throw a 1st rounder away on JP Loserman. and another on Evans. so instead of moving up two spots you end up wasting two first round picks.

But that is the Bills you love them but you have them.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Urbik was a Third but Pears was Undrafted, I agree I was sitting there actually praying that the Bills traded up to get Big Ben. of course they didnt they instead throw a 1st rounder away on JP Loserman. and another on Evans. so instead of moving up two spots you end up wasting two first round picks.

But that is the Bills you love them but you have them.

Evans was at least good for us for quite a few years, unfortunately a lot of his good years went to waste on crappy quarterback play. Our franchise would be in a whole different position had it drafted Big Ben, instead we drafted the only bust of a QB in that 2004 first round class :L

Sure is nowadays, I just wish we'd draft the lines again so we could get back to how we were in the early 90s when we had dominant offensive and defensive lines. Well if we can land Clowney next year we'd certainly have one of the best if not the best defensive line in the NFL.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell can we not have signed Byrd by now? This is ridiculous. They HAVE to get this done. I don't see what the problem would be. Pay the man!!! Ball hawk safeties are hard to come by.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans was at least good for us for quite a few years, unfortunately a lot of his good years went to waste on crappy quarterback play. Our franchise would be in a whole different position had it drafted Big Ben, instead we drafted the only bust of a QB in that 2004 first round class :L

Sure is nowadays, I just wish we'd draft the lines again so we could get back to how we were in the early 90s when we had dominant offensive and defensive lines. Well if we can land Clowney next year we'd certainly have one of the best if not the best defensive line in the NFL.

I agree Evans was good and could have been better if he ever had a decent QB. But you dont build a championship team with a WR. You build it from the lines out and that is what Bills management has always over looked.

I dont think anyone really believed JP Losman was better then Big Ben and there were people at the top willing to trade down, and Everyone knew Steelers were going to draft him. I dont know how the Bills didnt get it but what do I know right Im just a fan on a message board.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell can we not have signed Byrd by now? This is ridiculous. They HAVE to get this done. I don't see what the problem would be. Pay the man!!! Ball hawk safeties are hard to come by.

I do not know, rumor is we're far apart... which is crazy are we really trying to lowball him?? He is arguably the biggest piece of our defense, sure Mario Williams is big, but defensive ends are easier to find and Byrd is a younger player. Byrd deserves to be paid, if we lose him it will be a gigantic mistake.

I agree Evans was good and could have been better if he ever had a decent QB. But you dont build a championship team with a WR. You build it from the lines out and that is what Bills management has always over looked.

I dont think anyone really believed JP Losman was better then Big Ben and there were people at the top willing to trade down, and Everyone knew Steelers were going to draft him. I dont know how the Bills didnt get it but what do I know right Im just a fan on a message board.

We didn't over look the lines in the early 90s, it it coincidence that we made super bowls then but are not even making the playoffs now??

LOL!! that's almost the scary part, there have been so many times I've watched the draft and wanted us to pick a certain guy, only for us to pick someone else, who turns out to be a worse player than the guy I wanted us to pick. I am happy we avoided one disaster though, back in 2009 I think the year Jimmy Clausen came out, there were so many rumors that we were going to pick him and I was worried we would fall for the hype because he wasn't a very good player, luckily we didn't and Clausen sucked for a year before getting a job he's better at...holding the clipboard for Cam Newton.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know, rumor is we're far apart... which is crazy are we really trying to lowball him?? He is arguably the biggest piece of our defense, sure Mario Williams is big, but defensive ends are easier to find and Byrd is a younger player. Byrd deserves to be paid, if we lose him it will be a gigantic mistake.

From what I hear its not us lowballing him but he is looking for 9 Million and we are looking to spend about 7 so that is preventing the long term deal. To me no safety is worth 9 million a year but because San Fran over paid for whats his name this year who is not that great Byrd who is great wants more then him.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't over look the lines in the early 90s, it it coincidence that we made super bowls then but are not even making the playoffs now??

LOL!! that's almost the scary part, there have been so many times I've watched the draft and wanted us to pick a certain guy, only for us to pick someone else, who turns out to be a worse player than the guy I wanted us to pick. I am happy we avoided one disaster though, back in 2009 I think the year Jimmy Clausen came out, there were so many rumors that we were going to pick him and I was worried we would fall for the hype because he wasn't a very good player, luckily we didn't and Clausen sucked for a year before getting a job he's better at...holding the clipboard for Cam Newton.

I agree though I didnt want Spiller either Im glad to have Spiller over Claussen. Though they made up for it this year and took Manuel in the first round. Though considering most people had us taking Nassib Im happy with Manuel even though Both will probably be out of the league in 5 years.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree though I didnt want Spiller either Im glad to have Spiller over Claussen. Though they made up for it this year and took Manuel in the first round. Though considering most people had us taking Nassib Im happy with Manuel even though Both will probably be out of the league in 5 years.

I didn't really want Spiller either at the time, now of course it's very nice to have him LOL

They kinda did, this wasn't a good year for a QB in the first round, none of them were that great, and honestly I don't know how many of them will ever consistently start. Manuel will hopefully prove me wrong, Geno Smith will start early because the Jets have no one else, Nassib probably won't be in the league very long, something must be wrong if his college coach didn't want him. Barkely isn't even in an offense that fits him, not sure what he's going to do, I can't even remember who else was in this class, so that's not good news for those guys.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't really want Spiller either at the time, now of course it's very nice to have him LOL

They kinda did, this wasn't a good year for a QB in the first round, none of them were that great, and honestly I don't know how many of them will ever consistently start. Manuel will hopefully prove me wrong, Geno Smith will start early because the Jets have no one else, Nassib probably won't be in the league very long, something must be wrong if his college coach didn't want him. Barkely isn't even in an offense that fits him, not sure what he's going to do, I can't even remember who else was in this class, so that's not good news for those guys.

Tyler Wilson on the Raiders and Gleason in TB those are the two I liked the best.

I wouldnt have minded Nassib in the second or third but people say that well his own college coach didnt want him. Im sure he did but Nix might not have been sold. I agree though I dont see anyone from this class being much more then a back up Geno and Manuel will probably be the only ones with a real legit chance before they are riding the bench. But then again who really knows people didnt expect Brady Schuab or Russell Wilson to put up the numbers they are.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ!!!! SPILLER!!!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Wilson on the Raiders and Gleason in TB those are the two I liked the best.

I wouldnt have minded Nassib in the second or third but people say that well his own college coach didnt want him. Im sure he did but Nix might not have been sold. I agree though I dont see anyone from this class being much more then a back up Geno and Manuel will probably be the only ones with a real legit chance before they are riding the bench. But then again who really knows people didnt expect Brady Schuab or Russell Wilson to put up the numbers they are.

Tyler Wilson has some talent, but he doesn't have good arm strength

Glennon has potential, but he made a lot of mistakes at NC State, though Russell Wilson didn't look that special there either and everyone saw what he did around better talent at Wisconsin, and what he has become in the NFL.

I was fine with most of these guys in the second, though I wish we had waited and took a chance on Tyler Bray, he might be the most talented QB in this class, obviously he has some character issues, but if he worked out we would be in amazing shape, if not draft a real QB in next year's QB class which is worlds better than this one. Very true sir, guys do come out of nowhere to be very good.

A guy who could turn out well is Sean Renfree, out of Duke, he got some good coaching there and put up good stats with not a great deal of talent around him

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Wilson has some talent, but he doesn't have good arm strength

Glennon has potential, but he made a lot of mistakes at NC State, though Russell Wilson didn't look that special there either and everyone saw what he did around better talent at Wisconsin, and what he has become in the NFL.

I was fine with most of these guys in the second, though I wish we had waited and took a chance on Tyler Bray, he might be the most talented QB in this class, obviously he has some character issues, but if he worked out we would be in amazing shape, if not draft a real QB in next year's QB class which is worlds better than this one. Very true sir, guys do come out of nowhere to be very good.

A guy who could turn out well is Sean Renfree, out of Duke, he got some good coaching there and put up good stats with not a great deal of talent around him

Well we drafted Alonzo and signed Rodgers and both had some character issues. So that shouldnt have been an issue with Bray. I think the issue was that his WR were so good and I dont know if teams thought the talent he showed was because of them. But KC for sure got a steal with him as an Undrafted FA.