• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Round SHould Go To The Warriors

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You need to face the fact that the Warriors blew a game aginst a team they should have beaten easily. A team wihout its best two players, led by a grandpa at Point Guard.

You mean that same grandpa who was able to beat Curry and Jack multiple times off the dribble? I'm not sure if you follow the game a lot, but people who do know that Miller isn't going to beat you from the perimeter but rather penetrate and score on you - it's what he's done since he was a PG at Utah under the late Rick Majerus.

If the Dubbs can't guard Miller, I don't care who's hurt for the Nuggz because the Warriors won't advance to the next page. However, against the team with the best home record in the league, the Dubbs represented themselves well. Additionally, they're practicing for a few days in Denver so they should be getting used to the thin air by now. If I'm the Warriors, I would give Miller space and force him to beat you from the outside and take your chances with that - it's when he penetrates and starts that pick and roll is where he's most dangerous.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean that same grandpa who was able to beat Curry and Jack multiple times off the dribble? I'm not sure if you follow the game a lot, but people who do know that Miller isn't going to beat you from the perimeter but rather penetrate and score on you - it's what he's done since he was a PG at Utah under the late Rick Majerus.

If the Dubbs can't guard Miller, I don't care who's hurt for the Nuggz because the Warriors won't advance to the next page. However, against the team with the best home record in the league, the Dubbs represented themselves well. Additionally, they're practicing for a few days in Denver so they should be getting used to the thin air by now. If I'm the Warriors, I would give Miller space and force him to beat you from the outside and take your chances with that - it's when he penetrates and starts that pick and roll is where he's most dangerous.

Armchair coaching here, but I think the Warriors would have been much better served putting Barnes on Miller. The reason they probably didn't do that was that because Barnes was schooled earlier in the game my Miller in the post. However, they knew two things were going to happen at the end of the game: 1) Miller was going to get the ball 2) They were going to milk the clock and get the last shot. That being said they couldn't have iso'ed Miller on the block as they had all game because it's risky, when trying to get the last shot.

Barnes is much more athletic than Green and he's a pretty good defender in his own right. His length would allow him to challenge any pull up shot and his athleticism would allow him to move along with Miller. Draymond would have been preferred over Barnes in the post, but at this point in the game, I think you have to have Barnes guarding Miller. I think even Klay would have been a better option than Draymond.

As for game 2, call me a blind homer but the Warriors are still a threat. They always will be against any team because of one thing: 3 point shooting. David Lee was a huge catalyst on the inside, and it will take a lot of game planning to avoid getting stagnant in the half court. Bogut will take a lot more responsibility and be a much bigger factor in this game. With Lee out, we'll go smaller and I have a feeling Barnes plays the 4 a lot. They will need a big game out of him if we are to have any chance.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armchair coaching here, but I think the Warriors would have been much better served putting Barnes on Miller. The reason they probably didn't do that was that because Barnes was schooled earlier in the game my Miller in the post. However, they knew two things were going to happen at the end of the game: 1) Miller was going to get the ball 2) They were going to milk the clock and get the last shot. That being said they couldn't have iso'ed Miller on the block as they had all game because it's risky, when trying to get the last shot.

Barnes is much more athletic than Green and he's a pretty good defender in his own right. His length would allow him to challenge any pull up shot and his athleticism would allow him to move along with Miller. Draymond would have been preferred over Barnes in the post, but at this point in the game, I think you have to have Barnes guarding Miller. I think even Klay would have been a better option than Draymond.

As for game 2, call me a blind homer but the Warriors are still a threat. They always will be against any team because of one thing: 3 point shooting. David Lee was a huge catalyst on the inside, and it will take a lot of game planning to avoid getting stagnant in the half court. Bogut will take a lot more responsibility and be a much bigger factor in this game. With Lee out, we'll go smaller and I have a feeling Barnes plays the 4 a lot. They will need a big game out of him if we are to have any chance.

They have a pretty good chance, because Nolan says they have none.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance in hell after throwing away game 1. They'll get one meaningless victory at home, but that's it.
They have a great chance. They know what to do now along with help from Mark Jackson. As far as Miller all they need to do is make him beat them from the perimeter. Its going to be hard because he is smart enough to know thats what they are doing but Warriors can make him waste a lot of clock trying to post up or drive to the hole. I've seen this movie before. Miller will lose this game for Denver because he will be demanding the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the guy. An absolute embarrassment for the team. If, as you say, everyone knows Miller can only beat you by penetrating then that is even more inexcusable to be beaten in thaat manner..

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a pretty good chance, because Nolan says they have none.

The have no shot tonight. You cannot come back from a series-deciding blown game like the Warriors had on Saturday. Its too much to ask of a mentally weak team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The have no shot tonight. You cannot come back from a series-deciding blown game like the Warriors had on Saturday. Its too much to ask of a mentally weak team.

Here's what makes you the weakest fan ever: you will be rooting for the Ws to lose tonight, just so you can be right.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to KILL you eh Nolan? So wrong, over and over, like a Swiss timepiece.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to KILL you eh Nolan? So wrong, over and over, like a Swiss timepiece.

In before he comes back and says he predicted the Warriors would win one of two in Denver. After bashing them. What a performance by this mentally weak team, that has no shot of winning.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before he comes back and says he predicted the Warriors would win one of two in Denver. After bashing them. What a performance by this mentally weak team, that has no shot of winning.

Oh for sure. But you see his power, right? Predicts they miss the playoffs, they get in. Predicts a game 1 win, they lose a close one. Predicts a 'mentally weak' loss in game 2, they come out and dominate mentally, aided by a hell of a coach.

If he now thinks they can win the series, it's over. Seriously.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, the consensus now would have to be the Warriors chances look decent. That's after we've had a chance to see them both play 2 games. Look, Ezeli and Green are D-leaguers but just enough experience to hang with McGhee and Faried almost ofsetting them. Nuggets have to make a lot of adjustments with how Golden State kicks it back out for open 3's. Even with Coach Karl that may never happen. Golden State arena can get pretty loud too no less.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the consensus now would have to be the Warriors chances look decent. That's after we've had a chance to see them both play 2 games. Look, Ezeli and Green are D-leaguers but just enough experience to hang with McGhee and Faried almost ofsetting them. Nuggets have to make a lot of adjustments with how Golden State kicks it back out for open 3's. Even with Coach Karl that may never happen. Golden State arena can get pretty loud too no less.

Ezeli and Green are rooks, not to mention Green had 2 triple - doubles in the same NCAA tournament, preceded by Oscar and Magic. I'm not saying Green is a HOF, but he does have skill. He just doesn't get the amount of playing time due to other swing players (Barnes, Klay) logging in minutes along with Steph, Lee, and Jack/Landry. Ezeli is still rounding out his game but his size and shot blocking ability is something to be reckoned with.

Now if you want to find a few D - leaguers on the Dubbs roster, you should mention Biedrins first on that list. :2cents:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and read all of your posts on this thread. You would be fired if you were a consultant. I don't think you have gotten one proclamation right yet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. But you see his power, right? Predicts they miss the playoffs, they get in. Predicts a game 1 win, they lose a close one. Predicts a 'mentally weak' loss in game 2, they come out and dominate mentally, aided by a hell of a coach.

If he now thinks they can win the series, it's over. Seriously.

Quit complaining; it worked, didn't it? You said the opposite happens of whatever I predict so I predicted a loss.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. As a matter of fact my plan worked perfrctly.

Total bullshit. You know it. We know it. You suck at sports prediction, and suck worse at fandom. Never met you (unless you were that guy on 6th St who asked me for some change) but you give the impression of someone who sucks at life too.

:lame:

Please pick the Ws to lose the series. And we'll know if you're faking.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. As a matter of fact my plan worked perfrctly.

tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CityS, you are not familiar with this idiot. He's not serious. He's a weak fan who always predicts that the teams he 'likes' will lose any games of importance, that all players are 'mentally weak' and perform 'inexcusably' every time they lose, etc.

He's such a Debbie Downer idiot that he's permanently banned from posting on the Giants board here. If this Ws board actually had any activity he'd wear out his welcome here too. Not sure why they tolerate him on the Niners board but sure as clockwork, he was dissing them all year, predicting doom, then only came around to believing in them when they got to the Super Bowl....which they then lost. Clockwork.