• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: LA Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the least points Portland scored all year and won the game. Other than Dame and in spurts, McCullum, the rest of Portland was not good.
Both teams played terrible and AD was dominate in the 1st half, then disappeared down the stretch. That isn't the kind of guy Lebron needs in the playoffs. He needs a closer who isn't afraid to have the ball and take the shots, like Kyrie did and Wade did.
Why can't LeBron be that guy?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James led-teams 3 pt shooting percentage and place by year:

19-20 LAL: 34.9% 21st
18-19 LAL: 33.3% 29th
17-18 CLE: 37.2% 6th
16-17 CLE: 38.4% 2nd
15-16 CLE: 36.2% 7th
14-15 CLE: 36.7% 5th
13-14 MIA: 36.4% 12th
12-13 MIA: 39.6% 2nd
11-12 MIA: 35.9% 10th
10-11 MIA: 37.0% 7th
09-10 CLE: 38.1% 2nd
08-09 CLE: 39.3% 2nd

avg LBJ team 3pt% with LAL: 25th in the league
avg LBJ team 3pt % pre-LAL: 5th in the league

that leads me to believe that the Lakers either (a) did not focus on the 3pt shooting, and did not value it as much as the Cavs and Heat or (b) just did not do a good job pulling off getting quality shooters.

They waited too long in FA but to be fair some guys were pulling in the big bucks....they waited till the end and picked up veterans. We all saw this coming with the only true 3 threat was Danny Green on the entire team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Pierce's deal with LeBron

Rival. Lebron ended the C's possible dynasty and I think he is jealous of Lebron tbh...always has been. If Lebron doesn't join Miami the C's could have definitely had a chance to win more titles. Spurs can make a case too of course.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the least points Portland scored all year and won the game. Other than Dame and in spurts, McCullum, the rest of Portland was not good.
Both teams played terrible and AD was dominate in the 1st half, then disappeared down the stretch. That isn't the kind of guy Lebron needs in the playoffs. He needs a closer who isn't afraid to have the ball and take the shots, like Kyrie did and Wade did.

Yep, say what you want about Kyrie (and I've said a lot). Dude is fearless in big moments.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They waited too long in FA but to be fair some guys were pulling in the big bucks....they waited till the end and picked up veterans. We all saw this coming with the only true 3 threat was Danny Green on the entire team.
yah --- danny green makes over 15M dollars next year too.

LBJ: 39
Green: 15
Davis: will be about 38 (if he resigns which i am assuming he does)
KCP- 8.5 player option according to spotrac- he is not turning that down
Mcgee- 4.2 player option according to spotrac- doubt he turns that down
Rondo- 2.7 player option according to spotrac- probably turn down
Kuzma- 3.5M still on rookie deal
Caruso- 2.7 still on rookiedeal
Bradley- 5M player option according to spotrac- could go either way
Deng- still 5M in dead cap

long story short- they arent going to have any cap room and no one is trading for Danny Green.

Kuzma will still have some value if they want to deal him-- but after next year he is an RFA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can, but it's always best to have another option.

The Lakers had Shaq/Kobe and Kobe/Pau. The Celtics had Pierce and KG, the Heat had Lebron and D-Wade, the Cavs had Lebron and Kyrie, your Warriors had the Splash Brothers not the Splash Brother.

Doesn't even have to be the #2 guy. At least not all the time. Guys like D. Fish, Horry, Ray Allen, Dray, Kevin Love and even JR Smith have stepped up in big moments for those teams.

Teams just need someone else who can step up in those moments.

The Lakers are supposed to have Lebron and AD...but so far AD hasn't been keeping up his end of the deal. Maybe, similar to Lebron and D-Wade's first season, they are trying to figure out the 4th quarter...but they need to come up with something.

Kuz WANTS to be that guy (or one of them) who steps up...but he's been inconsistent, so I'm not sure he has the ability. But it's also his first season with a role like that and first playoff experience, so we'll see.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. The Lakers didn't play well enough. At most, Avery Bradley not opting out might have helped them. So maybe they can blame the bubble for that.

Outside of that, they lost because they played like ass.

Having Rondo would have helped too. Especially if the got "playoff Rondo". But he's out with an injury that has nothing to do with the bubble.

The Lakers did not play well enough to win last night. I totally agree with that part.

Like you said though, Blazers didn’t play particularly well either.

My guess is that had that game been in the Forum, Blazers play a little worse, Lakers play a little better, and they win the game.

Would have been down to the wire though for sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers did not play well enough to win last night. I totally agree with that part.

Like you said though, Blazers didn’t play particularly well either.

My guess is that had that game been in the Forum, Blazers play a little worse, Lakers play a little better, and they win the game.

Would have been down to the wire though for sure.

If they played in the Forum the Lakers would have blown them the fuck out.

No way this Blazers team is beating Magic, Kareem, Worthy, etc. :dhd:

Seriously though, like I've said all along. At best, neutral court gets a lower seeded team 1 game they might not have gotten. But it's not going to decide a series. Hopefully, this was the one for the Blazers.

Besides, if it were at Staples, it probably guarantees the Blazers win. Dame loves killin' folks in their gym. lol

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron rarely was that guy when he was in his prime. He is at his best when he is getting his teammates open looks, which is why I still don't understand why LA hasn't done everything possible to fill the perimeter with knockdown shooters.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, say what you want about Kyrie (and I've said a lot). Dude is fearless in big moments.

Not to take anything away from Lebron, as he is one of the best players to play all-time, but his teams are best when he has a guy who will fire up the tough shots at the end of the game. Wade was that guy in Miami. Kyrie was that guy in Cleveland.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked at what stats they did have on Davis at the 5 and it's somewhat inconclusive. Offensively he is more of a focus but defensively its a clear drop off as the opposing centers do much better with him at the 5 than at the 4.

at 82games that is. Sometimes that site is on point other times it seems shaky though.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeTrash and probably the 2nd best or 3rd best player in the game next to Kawahi losing to the 8th seed

tenor.gif

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol he's a clown. I just know Lebron really hate him

Pierce needs to chill. Lebron is the only one playing like a star. Friggin guy is old and still playing 40 minutes a game with triple doubles

the Brow has to do more

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked at what stats they did have on Davis at the 5 and it's somewhat inconclusive. Offensively he is more of a focus but defensively its a clear drop off as the opposing centers do much better with him at the 5 than at the 4.

at 82games that is. Sometimes that site is on point other times it seems shaky though.
they got Cousins in New Orleans beause Davis has always whined and complained about playing the 5, even though in todays game it would give his team the best chance to win- he doesnt like having to be physical with the other teams biggest player.

The Lakers could have a sick small ball lineup with Davis at the 5 and LeBron at the 4, but neither is interested in getting physical with bigger players---- but where the game is today- it could be a devastating lineup if LAL ever acquired the right perimeter pieces to go along with it.

in the first game the Blazers were able to get away with playing Nurkic and Whiteside together becauses Mcgee and Davis are on the court together

the Lakers best lineup would have Davis at the 5 and Morris or Kuzma at the 4 which would make it impossible for Nurkic and Whiteside to be out there together.

With Whiteside and Nurkic out there together along with MCGee and Davis the lane is a lot more clogged up and Davis does not have the same kind of room to operate.

that and JaVale Mcgee is terrible. His advanced stats the other night were frighteningly bad.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they got Cousins in New Orleans beause Davis has always whined and complained about playing the 5, even though in todays game it would give his team the best chance to win- he doesnt like having to be physical with the other teams biggest player.

The Lakers could have a sick small ball lineup with Davis at the 5 and LeBron at the 4, but neither is interested in getting physical with bigger players---- but where the game is today- it could be a devastating lineup if LAL ever acquired the right perimeter pieces to go along with it.

in the first game the Blazers were able to get away with playing Nurkic and Whiteside together becauses Mcgee and Davis are on the court together

the Lakers best lineup would have Davis at the 5 and Morris or Kuzma at the 4 which would make it impossible for Nurkic and Whiteside to be out there together.

With Whiteside and Nurkic out there together along with MCGee and Davis the lane is a lot more clogged up and Davis does not have the same kind of room to operate.

that and JaVale Mcgee is terrible. His advanced stats the other night were frighteningly bad.

Yea not sure why they don't run with Howard more than McGee

I know AD doesn't want to be a true center and that's long been a sticking point for him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah --- danny green makes over 15M dollars next year too.

LBJ: 39
Green: 15
Davis: will be about 38 (if he resigns which i am assuming he does)
KCP- 8.5 player option according to spotrac- he is not turning that down
Mcgee- 4.2 player option according to spotrac- doubt he turns that down
Rondo- 2.7 player option according to spotrac- probably turn down
Kuzma- 3.5M still on rookie deal
Caruso- 2.7 still on rookiedeal
Bradley- 5M player option according to spotrac- could go either way
Deng- still 5M in dead cap

long story short- they arent going to have any cap room and no one is trading for Danny Green.

Kuzma will still have some value if they want to deal him-- but after next year he is an RFA.

Yeah I mean I'm just not sure you can get enough for Kuzma to validate trading him. The Cavs succeeding bc they had some younger role players, a ton of shooting, decent depth and one of the best young PG's in the game.

The Lakers don't have a PG, they don't have depth and they don't have shooting.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean I'm just not sure you can get enough for Kuzma to validate trading him. The Cavs succeeding bc they had some younger role players, a ton of shooting, decent depth and one of the best young PG's in the game.

The Lakers don't have a PG, they don't have depth and they don't have shooting.

This version of the Lakers is not better than the Cavs in 16 for sure. On the plus side for the Lakers none of these teams are the warriors either.