• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: LA Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I mean I'm just not sure you can get enough for Kuzma to validate trading him.

Depends. I saw a recent article talking about Bojan Bogdanovic for Kuz.

I haven't paid enough attention to Bojan to know much other than he could be the 3 point sniper the Lakers need and they really wanted to bring him in with AD last off season.

I don't remember what other assets might be involved either.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. I saw a recent article talking about Bojan Bogdanovic for Kuz.

I haven't paid enough attention to Bojan to know much other than he could be the 3 point sniper the Lakers need and they really wanted to bring him in with AD last off season.

I don't remember what other assets might be involved either.

Yeah he will be 32 next season but he is an elite shooter. It's what they desperately need...I'm not sure they would do that straight-up though..I'm sure they would have to throw in picks (not even sure what picks the Lakers have). Bojan is a much better player imo

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah --- danny green makes over 15M dollars next year too.

long story short- they arent going to have any cap room and no one is trading for Danny Green.
Someone here argued with me when I said signing Danny Green to that deal was dumb as hell.

Signing Danny Green to that deal was dumb as hell.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he will be 32 next season but he is an elite shooter. It's what they desperately need...I'm not sure they would do that straight-up though..I'm sure they would have to throw in picks (not even sure what picks the Lakers have). Bojan is a much better player imo

Yeah, if it was straight up, the Pacers would have to be sold Kuz's upside. If the Lakers have any picks left that they can deal, they'd be future picks probably 3-4 years out. lol

Bojan being 32 wouldn't be too much of a problem. His shooting should age well.

I love Kuz and I know he really wants to be that 3rd guy on this team (and maybe the #2 after Lebron retires). But I'm not sure he can get there.

He's not lacking for confidence though. I loved his comment after he hit that game winner for the Lakers a couple of games ago.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if it was straight up, the Pacers would have to be sold Kuz's upside. If the Lakers have any picks left that they can deal, they'd be future picks probably 3-4 years out. lol

Bojan being 32 wouldn't be too much of a problem. His shooting should age well.

I love Kuz and I know he really wants to be that 3rd guy on this team (and maybe the #2 after Lebron retires). But I'm not sure he can get there.

He's not lacking for confidence though. I loved his comment after he hit that game winner for the Lakers a couple of games ago.
isnt he on the jazz now?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing. The Lakers didn't play well enough. At most, Avery Bradley not opting out might have helped them. So maybe they can blame the bubble for that.

Outside of that, they lost because they played like ass.

Having Rondo would have helped too. Especially if the got "playoff Rondo". But he's out with an injury that has nothing to do with the bubble.
well....guess you are right as no way they were playing in the Forum as I mistakenly said. we see teams look unbeatable at home but ordinary on the road. Kind of a close game...so zero chance had it been a home game LA still loses?

and, yes, I get they did not play well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea not sure why they don't run with Howard more than McGee

I know AD doesn't want to be a true center and that's long been a sticking point for him
I don't get it. I know Love didn't like playing the 5 (when TT was not playing) but he did itas he knew it's what was best...AD can play the 5 better than love (if he wants and/or was willing, which he needs to be if asked).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. I know Love didn't like playing the 5 (when TT was not playing) but he did itas he knew it's what was best...AD can play the 5 better than love (if he wants and/or was willing, which he needs to be if asked).

I don't know.. I guess because he feels like it limits him? He has to bang with bigger guys? I have no idea. In today's game its not as big a deal what position you play. But it's pretty clear the opposing center does better when Davis is at the 5 and with Nurkic that's a problem. Fortunately for the Lakers the Clippers don't have a good center

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers ills in the bubble have not been remedied and right now they look anemic with their incredibly bad shooting and piss-poor defense. Also, their locker-room chemistry has gone to shit per LeBron's own admission. If they don't fix their well-documented problems then Shaq's prediction and Barkley's assertion will def become reality and the Lakers will exit the bubble a first-round casualty. This version of the Lakers reminds me of the 1981 first-round exit against the Rockets.

Interesting site: Lakers Playoff History

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vogel don't give Jr/Waiters minutes tonight then he is a bad coach

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lets keep open the possibility that even if he does he might be a bad coach.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vogel is solid

Let’s not ignore there are some chemistry issues. We don’t know what is going on behind the scenes.

It wouldn’t be crazy at all if Waiters wasn’t playing because of something off the court.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking a shot for every wide open 3 Danny Green misses. I'm gonna get drunk af tonight

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers playing hard, but I think they got lucky in the first with Portland missing shots they normally hit.

Davis and LeBron both need to score more efficiently.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caurso has to be hands down the worst nba pg i have ever seen (And the ugliest)...Guy shouldn't even be in the league let alone starting...They tried hyping this scrub during the regular season

Waiters is miles better