• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 College/Draft Talk

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a fairly deep draft for center prospects, fortunately. Unfortunately, not so deep for tackle prospects.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson's WR Mike Williams looking like a young Brandon Marshall today against Pitt. Dominant ...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he goes up and grabs the ball. What a novel idea! :)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington WR John Ross just broke Adori Jackson's ankles for a 70 yard TD ... had him beat on the previous play as well, but the QB underthrew him. This kid is such an explosive WR!! Would love to see him in Eagles Green ...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a guy like Mike Williams or Corey Davis who can actually catch.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had a crystal ball and knew you were getting a superstar but it was a CB or a WR what would you take?

Wentz desperately needs a guy by his side for the next dozen years but...
Our D would be excellent with a star CB.

Im going CB cause they are really hard to find.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pick may be top 15 the way the Vikes are going!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had a crystal ball and knew you were getting a superstar but it was a CB or a WR what would you take?

Wentz desperately needs a guy by his side for the next dozen years but...
Our D would be excellent with a star CB.

Im going CB cause they are really hard to find.

The draft is loaded with good CB's. WR's not as much, so I go with the usual BPA, and hope it's one of those 2.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have either Mike Williams or John Ross in Rd 1. Williams has #1 type written all over him and John Ross is a flat out play making weapon ala Antonio Brown, but with DJax speed. Love Corey Davis as well ... I have him ranked 3rd on my WR rankings. If not WR, I LOVE CB Sidney Jones from Washington and as of right now I see him projected to go late teens / early 20's.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pick may be top 15 the way the Vikes are going!

Given that the Vikings and Eagles now have the same record, that's tremendous value if it holds or if the Eagles finish with a better record.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is currently 19th overall, and the Vikes are imploding. I think top 15 is looking likely.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is currently 19th overall, and the Vikes are imploding. I think top 15 is looking likely.

Remainder of the Vikings' schedule:

Arizona
at Detroit
Dallas
at Jacksonville
Indianapolis
at Green Bay
Chicago

The next 3 games should be really difficult for them. Jacksonville is pretty competitive at home. The Colts aren't so great but they've got Luck. The Packers aren't so great but they've got Rodgers. And then Chicago, who has already beaten them once.

I'm not saying that they'll lose out -- but they have Sam Bradford and he tends to wilt in tough situations. Plus, if they lose the next 3, or even 2 of the next 3 (which seems very, very possible), you're talking about either losing 7 games in a row or losing 6 of 7 games . . . just the type of situation where Bradford goes missing in action. I say they finish 8-8, at best.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with the Vikes going 9-7. After that 5-0 start, I thought we were going to be picking around 29. I'm cool if we end up in the late teens.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really shocks me to see people talking WR in the 1st, after spending a 1st and a 2nd recently and having what we do. Are people trying to turn us into the old Det Lions??? Agholor came out of the best class of WR's in the past 10 years. If he came out most any other year, he is the 1st overall WR, likely in 2017 as well. WR is the hardest position to get right in the 1st round - so why keep wasting more resources on it???? It's insanity, imho.

WATCH THIS... and then tell me this guys sucks, the way we feel Agholor does now, and then try to talk about ANY other WR in the 1st, and act like he is better than this. Good speed, good hands, catches in traffic, gets open, good speed, good concentration... everything your going to talk about anyone else with. Are they really going to look that much better than this, if this guy sucks????

I don't disagree WR1 is a huge need. But the way we are going about it and wasting resources is a mistake, imho.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either he sucks, or he hasn't gotten good coaching. I do not know how Greg Lewis became a good coach, because none of our receivers are doing much except Jordan M.

Either way, I think Howie signs a good free agent CB, and drafts another in the first 2 rounds. after that, a Center, RB and a LB'er.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it really shocks me to see people talking WR in the 1st, after spending a 1st and a 2nd recently and having what we do. Are people trying to turn us into the old Det Lions??? Agholor came out of the best class of WR's in the past 10 years. If he came out most any other year, he is the 1st overall WR, likely in 2017 as well. WR is the hardest position to get right in the 1st round - so why keep wasting more resources on it???? It's insanity, imho.

WATCH THIS... and then tell me this guys sucks, the way we feel Agholor does now, and then try to talk about ANY other WR in the 1st, and act like he is better than this. Good speed, good hands, catches in traffic, gets open, good speed, good concentration... everything your going to talk about anyone else with. Are they really going to look that much better than this, if this guy sucks????

I don't disagree WR1 is a huge need. But the way we are going about it and wasting resources is a mistake, imho.

The problem with Agholor is that he is neither big nor explosive. Too often we fall in love with highlight film and I was guilty of that with Agholor; but that's why Combine #'s are important to scouts. Once you reach the pros you need to have that advantage to win ... you either need to win with size or you need to win by exploding in and out of routes. Agholor was good enough to win at the college level, but there doesn't appear to be that special anything to his game at the pro level. Some of the guys we're talking about have either that size advantage or that explosive route running to translate to the pro level. A guy like Agholor can still turn into a a solid receiver, but when you don't have anything "special" as far as agility/size wise, you have to out-work everyone ... and so far it doesn't sound like Agholor is putting in that extra work.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll agree that we shouldn't use a 1st round pick on a WR (unless there is a truly elite talent available.) The problem is that Agholor is not a truly elite talent and that he pretty much does suck, regardless of what his college tape looks like. He has a knack for dropping passes in crucial situations and a knack for saying stupid shit. He's like Freddie Mitchell except he can't catch as well as Freddie.

I don't know what the problem is. What we saw in college is not translating to the NFL. I've got a guy with good speed, good hands, catches in traffic, gets open, good speed, good concentration. His name is Jeremy Maclin. I'm still baffled at how this front office let him walk away when they had literally no one else at WR and had already let two of their best offensive skills players leave. But I guess there's no use complaining about that any more.

Agholor needs to both step up and shut up. I don't think he'll do either.

Now to the point about using a first rounder. I agree. So many of these high-round WRs don't amount to anything. We're better off paying money to a WR than drafting one (although FA WRs don't always pan out either.) I'd rather go offensive line, defensive line, or linebacker in the first round.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't the front office about Maclin. Lurie let Chip Kelly make all the personnel changes he wanted. Add to that, DJAX and McCoy to Maclin, and look how valuable they were. We'd be challengers right now if we had those guys here.
As far as the draft, as I've said many times, we won't go for a particular position, but take the best available player. Hopefully, t will be CB, WR, RB, LB, or OL. This isn't a great o-line draft, so our first pick may be one of the other guys.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a guy that many mocks have us taking:

Ryan Ramczyk, T, Wisconsin. Big, strong, tough guy.
I'm OK with that, as long as we wind up with Corey Davis in Rd. 2, which would mean a slight trade up.