• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

16-17 College/Draft Talk

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have a first rounder back in our pockets ... thanks to Sam Bradford, we can look forward to some draft talk through the season :)

Week One stuff; a few players I made notes on:

Jerome Lane Akron WR
This dude has size and strength ... great hands. Put up a really nice week 1 performance and is a guy to keep an eye on. Right now he's probably nothing more than 4th/5th rounder, but he's a player I can see rising come draft time.

Curtis Samuel RB Ohio State
Wife's an Ohio State grad, so the OSU games are always on at my house. Samuel is a do all Back with speed. Not a big Back as he's around 200 lbs, so he's not a guy you want carrying 20 times per game, but in a Dion Lewis type role he would be great. Just a Junior, my guess is he's a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Kendell Beckwith LSU ILB
I really like this kid's instincts and when he identifies his target he can work through traffic to get there and make the hit. Big/strong/smart and instinctive ... may not have the overall athleticism to play outside at the NFL level; likely Day 3 type player.

Tre'Davious White DB LSU
Sticky cover guy with excellent hips ... made an nice INT and took it all the way back across the field for the TD. I can see him being a good nickel/dime at the pro level. Guess Rd 4 or 5 guy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a CB or OT with that new first round pick.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will likely need an LT. But this will also be a good RB draft and we may be in position to get a very good one.

Nick Chubb? His return from the gruesome knee injury went about as well as could be expected.

chubb.0.gif

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any chance we go anywhere but OT.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, trader Howie may trade up to the early Rd.1 to get the best OT available, but if we stay #24, or so, the RB I really like the most is Christian McCaffrey, Stanford. He's the best all around Offensive player in the draft, IMO. He also scored 2 TDs yesterday. Like we did this offseason, we may look to sign a free agent RT, and see if "Big V" is going to be a good RT or not. If not, then YES, draft the best available OT in the draft. It also wouldn't surprised me if they go stud RB, and move up early to pick Elijah Hood, RB, UNC.

Good eyes, Rey, on the above report.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a CB or OT with that new first round pick.

Do not disagree with you on that. We shall see how Jalen Mills and C.J. Smith pan out this year. My philosophy is almost always to pick the BPA in the draft, and fill needs in the later rounds, and FA.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, I think Tre'davious White may go a lot higher than the 4th or 5th round. He has great ball skills, as you pointed out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, trader Howie may trade up to the early Rd.1 to get the best OT available, but if we stay #24, or so, the RB I really like the most is Christian McCaffrey, Stanford. He's the best all around Offensive player in the draft, IMO. He also scored 2 TDs yesterday. Like we did this offseason, we may look to sign a free agent RT, and see if "Big V" is going to be a good RT or not. If not, then YES, draft the best available OT in the draft. It also wouldn't surprised me if they go stud RB, and move up early to pick Elijah Hood, RB, UNC.

Good eyes, Rey, on the above report.

Even if Big V is ready to take on the RT position, and I find that doubtful but I guess we'll see, the team needs more talent on the offensive line.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF has us as the 7th best oline with Lane Johnson playing. :2cents:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Lane plays and Peters stays healthy, we'd probably be top 10, but those are big ifs. Lane obviously unlikely, though it is curious the league is dragging its feet on his issue.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we need to start giving Wentz some weapons. RB or WR would be a nice pick. Depends who Howie locks in on but would love to have Cook, McCaffrey, Chubb or Mike Williams. Sucks that we don't have our pick or we could have had a shot at Fournette.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Fournette fan. I may well be wrong, but I prefer McCaffrey and Hood over Fournette.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled with Fournette. But I suspect he goes top 10.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McGlinchy. OT for Notre Dame looked good last night. Philly kid too.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we have a first rounder back in our pockets ... thanks to Sam Bradford, we can look forward to some draft talk through the season :)

Week One stuff; a few players I made notes on:

Jerome Lane Akron WR
This dude has size and strength ... great hands. Put up a really nice week 1 performance and is a guy to keep an eye on. Right now he's probably nothing more than 4th/5th rounder, but he's a player I can see rising come draft time.

Curtis Samuel RB Ohio State
Wife's an Ohio State grad, so the OSU games are always on at my house. Samuel is a do all Back with speed. Not a big Back as he's around 200 lbs, so he's not a guy you want carrying 20 times per game, but in a Dion Lewis type role he would be great. Just a Junior, my guess is he's a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Kendell Beckwith LSU ILB
I really like this kid's instincts and when he identifies his target he can work through traffic to get there and make the hit. Big/strong/smart and instinctive ... may not have the overall athleticism to play outside at the NFL level; likely Day 3 type player.

Tre'Davious White DB LSU
Sticky cover guy with excellent hips ... made an nice INT and took it all the way back across the field for the TD. I can see him being a good nickel/dime at the pro level. Guess Rd 4 or 5 guy.
Samuel is solid, but Weber is going to be the stud in the backfield for the Buckeyes. I'll be in Columbus for the Nebraska game. I'll get to really see Samuel up close. I love his speed and hands. Not sure about using a 1st rounder on him however. Elfein on the other hand, hell yes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey is considered one of the top OTs, but mainly to play RT, which is what he played up to now. I guess if he does well at LT all year that may change.