• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zimmer(man) new Vikes HC

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Turner is a good hire for you guys, but honestly don't get the Edwards hire. Miamis LBs were very underwhelming this year and they had decent talent to work with.

You're probably right, but I think Zimmer will still be calling most of the shots, defensively. Edwards has worked with Zimmer before in Dallas.

Technically he hasn't been labeled DC yet.
But I agree that if he does get that title, it's going to be Zimmers defense, and he just needs someone to run the scheme that he has in place. He doesn't need a guy to bring his own system in. He has worked with Edwards before, and must think highly of him, so I'm all in baby..

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals fans are mourning the loss of Zim, who will be hard to replace. Great hire for the Vikings imo. Wish him nothing but the best, because that's what he gave us for his six years here as DC. He took over a defense that had been near the bottom under Chuck Bresnahan and Leslie Frazier and made it a perennially top ten bunch, including third in the NFL in 2013. I predict the Vikes will quickly become contenders under his leadership.

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals fans are mourning the loss of Zim, who will be hard to replace. Great hire for the Vikings imo. Wish him nothing but the best, because that's what he gave us for his six years here as DC. He took over a defense that had been near the bottom under Chuck Bresnahan and Leslie Frazier and made it a perennially top ten bunch, including third in the NFL in 2013. I predict the Vikes will quickly become contenders under his leadership.

I must agree. We were so used to mediocrity and he refused to accept it and built up a huge fan base in Cincinnati. I hope you win with him b/c I would give anything to have him be our HC over Marvin Lewis. He is rough around the edges but he gets his players to play and can make adjustments during games.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice hire. Been waiting for Zimmer to land a HC job for years. Will be interesting to see what he can do in the Black and Blue. Good luck vs. Green Bay and Chicago!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on hiring Zimmer.

Wondered why it took so long for that guy to get a HC gig. the guy was a bad ass DC.
Also Norv is a great pick for OC. Didn't think of him as anything special as a HC ,but he is a very good OC. Figured the Vikes should turn the ship around fairly quickly.

signed

A Jealous Cowboys Fan. :)