• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

you're the gm....

do you fire maclean.

• Total voters

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L
Jesus why are people even talking about trading Kovalchuk? i severely hope it was with essence of sarcasm :L Like we all said in the offseason at the end of this season we lose some crappy contracts so things will look a lot better.

I want him traded, but thats because I never wanted him here last year not because of how poorly hes played since coming.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is playing poorly, and everybody else play the same, because team has no chemistry. Hockey player can not deliver a game without good team's partnership. And it is coach's job to solve this kind of issues. Don't see it coming from Mac.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is playing poorly, and everybody else play the same, because team has no chemistry. Hockey player can not deliver a game without good team's partnership. And it is coach's job to solve this kind of issues. Don't see it coming from Mac.

Got to admit though not being able to get chemistry with any of the other players since he came here at trade deadline makes you wonder about a couple of things:

1. Is he really putting his best efforts in considering he has got his "big" contract.
2. Did he disrupt the dressing room and do other players really want to play with him.
3. Can he fit in with the Devils style hockey.

Great players are able to gell in with the team and linemates quite quickly. They're great players because they have not only skill, but also can read the play and get a feel of where their linemates will be. To not be able to get chemistry with other players through all the practices and games thus far is a bit far fetched (we're only now starting to see some chemistry with him and Zubes). Yes the coach has been changing up lines, but I think most of this is based on getting Kovy going.

We all rant on the coach, grant it there has been some things he has done wrong, but on the opposite end of the coin sometimes there are superstars with ego's who think they know everything and really don't pay attention to the coach. Could we have some of this here....maybe.

I will admit I'm not a big fan of Kovy and never have been but,

Does he have talent, yes.
Is he a good player, yes.
Does he give his best effort in games, I don't think so
Does he have heart when it is needed, no.
Is he in the league with Crosby and OV, no.

I personally think we gave up quite a bit for him. What was it, Bergfors, Oduya, Cormier, and a first rounder for someone who was going to be a free agent at the end of the year and walk from Atlanta. Then we were penalized with 3mil, a 3 rounder in 2011 and another 1 rounder within the next 4 years from the initial contract submission in the offseason. We all say we're weak down the center but yet we gave up a future talented 2 way center in the trade (Patrice Cormier).

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lets face it...the devils style of hockey is over...it hasnt worked since the lockout and it wont work! the days of clutch and grab clogging up the nuetral zone is over with. i NEVER WANT TO HEAR THE DEVIL STYLE OF HOCKEY because its over with! thats the problem with this team from the top to the bottom the gm still thinks its the 90s he brings in players past their prime to recapture the glory he keeps the same coaching staff around year after year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you calling kovy past his prime?maybe we should have Hung onto gio he know how to play devils hockey

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you calling kovy past his prime?maybe we should have Hung onto gio he know how to play devils hockey

Had they kept Gio, Cup would be calling the team "too small".

Last edited by a moderator:

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer me this Cup, if defense style hockey is gone then why is Washington trying to change their style and work on defense?
Want to know why, because they know they need good defensive play to take their team to another level and win a cup.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
devils way like i said was from the 90s clutch and grab clog up and slow down the game having to kill off 5-7 pp's a night...cant do any of that now!

see the thing about gionta its amazing what a change of secenary can do for someone eh? montreal and the devils play two amazingly different systems i wonder why he is thriving so much there? oh yeah i know before you mention it he did score 48 goals for us that one year but is that really going to be the defense you will use?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt he score 40+ one year?

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams were doing the clutch and grap hockey in the 90's so I never classify that as devils style hockey.
The defensive "trap" style hockey is what I know as devils hockey. Clog up the neutral zone and not give the opposition space to move (2-1-2).

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clog up (control) the neutral zone? Isnt that what ever team does? Control the neutal zone to dominate the offensive one?

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clog up (control) the neutral zone? Isnt that what ever team does? Control the neutal zone to dominate the offensive one?

Yeah most teams try to control the neutral zone to dominate. But to Cup wants the open up run and gun. With our team currently struggling offensively, we need to play good defensively.
Devils were the one's that perfected the defensive trap.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we perfected it, I just hate when all the TV guys make it sound like we're the only one that did it and we're the only ones still doing it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
go watch a game on the nhl network from the 90s and go watch a game today and tell me what the difference is and why 90s style defense where you clog up the neutral zone by clutch and grab wont work today