• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

you're the gm....

do you fire maclean.

• Total voters

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you fire mac or leave him be.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I abstain because it's already too late to fix the season.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, for the reasons I already listed

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see him making effort to improve would be one thing if he was learning combined with many mistakes and misusing players.to be honest I couldn't see anything changing this or next year with him at the helm

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont fire him because i'd rather have larsson and no POs than a below average lottery pick prospect and no POs

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont fire him because i'd rather have larsson and no POs than a below average lottery pick prospect and no POs

Precisely, if we miss the playoffs I'd rather be dead last than 17th.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just because you finish bad doesnt mean your a lock for the #1 pick

fire him or come out and say hes the coach for the rest of the season...gotta let the fans know whats going on! enough of this stupid "clut" vibe lou has over the club

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's my understanding that under the league rules you can't fall further than 1 spot from your end of the season ranking during the lottery. So if the Devils finish 2nd to last (their current position), then they would be guaranteed a top 3 pick.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love larsson. but until were factually eliminated i want playoffs more.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've given up on the playoffs i'm afraid. I'd fire Mac, it was a bad decision to hire him. Better to acknowledge that and move on than try to hope it fixes itself or just magically works out on it's own.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think a change is needed. This team will play much better with a guy like Hitch or Nolan as it's coach. And if the team starts making a push, that would make Parise a happy man. He would know that the new coach is here to stay and that the team is going to compete under him. We've all heard ZPar complain about the revolving door of head coaches, but he can't be too happy with what he's seen from J Mac. Let's get a guy in here who the players will respect and want to play for! The sooner the better, IMO. Devils hockey just isn't Devils hockey right now. This can all change very quickly if a proven head coach is hired. The Flyers turned their season around last year in December undr Lavy and they came within a few games of winning it all. Not saying the Devils are as good as the Flyers were last season but as I've said before, the talent is there. We need a coach who can get that talent to mesh for the common good of this hockey club. A move needs to be made and it needs to be made right now.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any normal fan wouldn't want to waste his favorite team's season. With JMac it is definately a waste. He has to be fired in addition with necessary trades to be made to free-up exceeding cap space. It will help unload pressure from players being worried that they might be the ones to be traded.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem, and I have been saying this all along, is that you need a viable alternative. I do not want Lou throwing a dart at a board full of names and handing out a coaching contract. If we were 15 games into the season and the team looked awful and you want to make a change to shake things up, fine. But we are past all of that now. I will still continue to root for and support this team, but I'm also a knowledgeable hockey fan and I know we are dead in the water for this year.

Does Mac need to go? Yes. Do I care if it is tomorrow or next week or next month? No. I want Lou to find the right guy to replace him and I want everyone in this organization on the same page. I agree with everyone that wants him gone, but there is no reason to rush this. I just don’t want Mac coaching the team when we open camp up next year. That’s all.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just come out and say he is the coach until the end of the year...end the speculation PLEASE!

cap question hanging over this team
coaching situation hanging over this team

those both fall on lou's shoulders

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say yes... Due to the future of the team. Why continue to kill the morale of the team? You should find a coach that clicks with your current squad to build the chemistry necessary to contend next season, and possibly even this season. Season is still far from over.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its almost agreed throughout that coaching, if its not the sole problem is a major problem right now...

i would love to support mac.

but the fact is how can you abstain him from any blame anymore? im sure he's trying, but the fact is he has failed at his job so far, and injuries or not, he has all the tools he's needed to make it work, and it just hasn't.

i love a digger player as much as anyone, but his hard on for those types over finesse is over the top imo, there has to be balance, he doesn't seem to have any.

i may sound like a sap but the devils have always been a constant in my life, and being only 23, i'm not exactly used to this, i refuse to walk away and stop watching, but this is getting almost heart breaking.

i think we can all agree as devils fans that this IS NOT supposed to happen by any stretch.

this roster and organization imo is only missing 2 things.... a true coach and a puck moving d man.

unfortuenately the current coach, and i hate to pin this kind of blame on the guy, but has royaly fucked up his chance, and handled almost every chance to turn the ship around the wrong way.

and as much as you have to hold the players accountable i'm going to stay behing my words and that i still support all of them. we know MOST of this roster is full of damn good players.

i would resign kovy if given the choice again.
same with a train, and tallinder. i believe everything in that locker room is out of sorts, and they don't know what to expect each and everyday, not just the new guys, but everyone.

i stand behind the players and say given a better environment and guidence, this roster WOULD succeed.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rko, we are on the same page. I keep saying the same things, but Lou is not reading what we right .. lol ... Should we come out and talk to him somehow. He is so stubborn...

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all honesty, and i never thought i'd say this.

but i think lou is past his hayday... in some respects. i'll still insist he put together a hell of a team. its just being run like shit.

UBDevils22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if lou gets canned, and the new management in buffalo boots regier, he better be #1 on JVB's most wanted list.

the guy knows how to build a solid team, and could keep it together if given actual freedom to spend.