• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Martz

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say it ain't so..

“During a five-minute conversation, Martz recalls that the commissioner sounded panicked about Specter’s calls for a wider investigation,” ESPN wrote. “Martz also recalls that Goodell asked him to write a statement, saying that he was satisfied with the NFL’s Spygate investigation and was certain the Patriots had not cheated and asking everyone to move on — like leaders of the Steelers and Eagles had done.”
“He told me, ‘The league doesn’t need this. We’re asking you to come out with a couple lines exonerating us and saying we did our due diligence,’ ” Martz said, per ESPN.
Goodell wanted to avoid a congressional inquiry, according to Martz, saying “it would be terrible for the league.”
Goodell and the NFL might have tweaked Martz’s statement at the time.
“Shown a copy of his statement this past July, Martz was stunned to read several sentences about Walsh that he says he’s certain he did not write,” ESPN reported. ” ‘It shocked me,’ he says. ‘It appears embellished quite a bit — some lines I know I didn’t write. Who changed it? I don’t know.’ ”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are things i read today:

1) No player was more resolute that Spygate had affected games than Hines Ward, the Steelers' All-Pro wide receiver. Ward told reporters that Patriots inside information about Steelers play calling helped New England upset Pittsburgh 24-17 in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game. "Oh, they knew," Ward, now an NBC analyst who didn't return messages for this story, said after Spygate broke. "They were calling our stuff out. They knew a lot of our calls. There's no question some of their players were calling out some of our stuff."

2) Panthers were convinced that their practices had been taped prior to Super Bowl XXXVIII, and that offensive coordinator Dan Henning changed their game-plan at halftime. “Our players came in after that first half and said it was like [the Patriots] were in our huddle,” a Panthers source told ESPN. “Do I have any tape to prove they cheated?. No. But I’m convinced they did it.”

3) When Spygate broke, some of the Eagles now believed they had an answer for a question that had vexed them since they lost to the Patriots 24-21 in Super Bowl XXXIX: How did New England seem completely prepared for the rarely used dime defense the Eagles deployed in the second quarter, scoring touchdowns on three of four drives? The Eagles suspected that either practices were filmed or a playbook was stolen. "To this day, some believe that we were robbed by the Patriots not playing by the rules ... and knowing our game plan," a former Eagles football operations staffer says.

Rams? :lol:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Granted I haven't read everything about this but. We have a former NFL head coach being asked by the NFL commissioner to lie to cover for another team for the good of the league? Along with other teams and coaches being asked to do the same thing? What the hell is wrong with this picture? Somebody splain this too me in a way I can understand. Because as far as I can see the NFL might as well be the WWF. If true this is the smoking gun. :L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Granted I haven't read everything about this but. We have a former NFL head coach being asked by the NFL commissioner to lie to cover for another team for the good of the league? Along with other teams and coaches being asked to do the same thing? What the hell is wrong with this picture? Somebody splain this too me in a way I can understand. Because as far as I can see the NFL might as well be the WWF. If true this is the smoking gun. :L

It is without a doubt the smoking gun.

Martz says "Goodell in panic mode"
Goodell needs Martz to write a BS statement
NFL doctors said statement

Martz can't really say anything after because his statement is BS anyway. So he can't come clean until something like this comes out.

Is this ESPN making a mockery of whatever BS this is or is Goodell just the biggest Boob ever AND is Martz a little beeyatch!!??

It's confusing

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is without a doubt the smoking gun.

Martz says "Goodell in panic made"
Goodell needs Martz to write a BS statement
NFL doctors said statement

Martz can't really say anything because his statement is BS anyway. So he can't come clean until something like this comes out.

Is this ESPN making a mockery of this or is Goodell just the biggest Boob ever AND is Martz a little beeyatch!!??

It's confusing
I cant imagine the number of rules,laws and morals that have been stomped on here. We need an independent investigation along with Congressional over site. We need the commissioner suspended for that period. And, an NFL death penalty. :gaah:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait its Goodell, Kraft, and the Patriots right? What was I thinking. Nevermind.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots beat a very good Rams team that fateful SB Sunday and I watched every second of that game. No one can tell me the Pats did not have an edge. That Rams team was unstoppable until the Cheatriots got their playbook. :2cents:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should get Goodell fired if they can prove it

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is rapidly becoming on the level of Pete Rose betting on baseball. If an investigation can get the low level employees under oath to spill the beans about what they did, then we have us a catastrophe of epic proportions. It appears, Billy Bellicheat won his three Superbowls the old-fashioned way. He cheated in each of them. I wouldn't be surprised if he cheated in the last one.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is rapidly becoming on the level of Pete Rose betting on baseball. If an investigation can get the low level employees under oath to spill the beans about what they did, then we have us a catastrophe of epic proportions. It appears, Billy Bellicheat won his three Superbowls the old-fashioned way. He cheated in each of them. I wouldn't be surprised if he cheated in the last one.
Well, maybe he did and maybe he didn't Retro, but if one has any sense at all, they know they cheated to get there despite the recent court ruling in favor of Brady.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Arlen Spector wasn't still alive. He would probably want to reopen this investigation especially after deflate gate.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Zeke. When it is becoming increasingly clear that Belicheat stole that victory just like he did with Carolina and Philadephia, Marshall and other players' concerns are justified. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with the fourth one.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I never like MM. Always thought he was a jackass, this just confirms it.

He was a damned good OC though but now we all know, he was a terrible leader and a bad human being....

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Zeke. When it is becoming increasingly clear that Belicheat stole that victory just like he did with Carolina and Philadephia, Marshall and other players' concerns are justified. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the same with the fourth one.

The BIG question that NO ONE seems to want to answer, is WHY did Goodell destroy the tapes?.. remove draft picks?.. and fine them? Patriot fans seem to always avoid answering this? If this game was legit as they claim then why did Goodell punish them? I will always hold a grudge until someone explains this to me

Now Martz is saying his words were twisted? Sounds to me that Goodell got away cleanly with this cover up!