• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Amari Cooper or Kevin White?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this, I am 100% on record that the Rams should indeed go O line with their first pick. HOWEVER, if Scherff is gone at #10, I would be inclined to take White over Collins or Peat simply because the o line class in this draft is VERY DEEP all the way around. I mean as I stated earlier today in another thread, we can sign a free agent RT not named Barksdale or restructure Jake Long's deal and move him to RT, trade down once in the second round and have a first three rounds look something like this

1- White
2- Cann or Dismukes
3- Grassu or Kouandjio
3- Petty

I, for one, would be VERY ok with a draft like that. But I also think that we could just as easily look at WR like Agholor, Dorsett, Lockett or Mayle in the 3rd or 4th round (assuming we snag a 4th somewhere) and grab two big uglies early to protect Sam.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cooper than Parker than White. White's have an awesome combine and the hype, but I don't care about hype. Cooper was dominant for YEARS at Bama... White had one good season in a lesser league

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cooper than Parker than White. White's have an awesome combine and the hype, but I don't care about hype. Cooper was dominant for YEARS at Bama... White had one good season in a lesser league
Both receivers only have one year with over 60 receptions, though. Mayock also had White over Cooper before the combine not that Mayock is an authority or anything.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is this, I am 100% on record that the Rams should indeed go O line with their first pick. HOWEVER, if Scherff is gone at #10, I would be inclined to take White over Collins or Peat simply because the o line class in this draft is VERY DEEP all the way around. I mean as I stated earlier today in another thread, we can sign a free agent RT not named Barksdale or restructure Jake Long's deal and move him to RT, trade down once in the second round and have a first three rounds look something like this

1- White
2- Cann or Dismukes
3- Grassu or Kouandjio
3- Petty

I, for one, would be VERY ok with a draft like that. But I also think that we could just as easily look at WR like Agholor, Dorsett, Lockett or Mayle in the 3rd or 4th round (assuming we snag a 4th somewhere) and grab two big uglies early to protect Sam.

I think the resigning of Britt will play a role if they even consider a WR at 10. I don't see them going WR if we resign Britt. Britt, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Cook, Givens is pretty solid

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flowers is taking a page from Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds who was his own agent his entire career. It is not the most difficult task on the planet. It is time-consuming though and you save major bucks.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also averaged 123.4 yards a game last year with an athlete QB throwing to him.
------------------
For context's sake, Harmon writes "Most of the drops I observed for Cooper appeared to take place on routine plays. Several occurred on screen passes over the middle, where Cooper would just let the ball get away from him."

-----------------

WR isnt a top need on the Rams but most of the Rams best 1st round draft picks in the past couple of decades have come when they drafted talent over need
^^^^THIS!^^^^

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior bowl performaces aren't exactly the best indicator either. You basically have a bunch of 3rd and 4th tier prospects competing against each other. The top guys rarely participate.

Goodness. Then what is the indicator? Besides watching a guy play and listening to scouts say he stood out at the senior bowl?

We are talking about a Harvard center here and a 5th round pick at best. Kind of roll of the dice any way you look at it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodness. Then what is the indicator? Besides watching a guy play and listening to scouts say he stood out at the senior bowl?

We are talking about a Harvard center here and a 5th round pick at best. Kind of roll of the dice any way you look at it.

It elevates the Harvard player to the level of the others in that game, sure. It also depends on whether they are talking about the game or the practices before the game, as they like to note standouts in practice too for some reason.

My point was the Senior Bowl doesn't draw the top prospects typically. So, a player that gets noticed there is still should only elevate to a 2nd or 3rd tier player as they don't have that top level of competition.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It elevates the Harvard player to the level of the others in that game, sure. It also depends on whether they are talking about the game or the practices before the game, as they like to note standouts in practice too for some reason.

My point was the Senior Bowl doesn't draw the top prospects typically. So, a player that gets noticed there is still should only elevate to a 2nd or 3rd tier player as they don't have that top level of competition.

Top prospects don't come from the IVY league. They have to go show they can hang with the bigger schools. But every now and then, you find a diamond in the rough from a small school. And all you can go by is performance and what scouts are saying. But you can't say he's a lock, nor can you say he's going to be an all-pro. Which is why he'll be a 5th rounder at best.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's a mock draft handing Cooper to the Rams!

10. St. Louis Rams -- Alabama WR Amari Cooper: At the combine, coach Jeff Fisher sounded all-in on injury-prone quarterback Sam Bradford to compete in the ultra-competitive NFC West, but improvements must be made on offense. Cooper would be an absolute steal at this point. He ranks as one of the easier projections to the NFL because of his sharp route-running, soft hands and terrific acceleration.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ft-titans-cant-ignore-mariotas-upside-at-no-2

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw one today with the Rams taking Shane Ray. Then I read there's no way he can play OLB on NFL.com from a scout.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If White or Cooper are available at 10, I think the Rams should use that player as leverage to trade down- not draft them.

Not saying those guys won't be good, just think the Rams have way bigger issues and not a lot of picks to address those issues.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially if Sam and his agent stand firm and the Rams end up keeping him at his current salary.

That gives the Rams less to work with in FA.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Cooper play a few times this past year. He looks like the real deal to me.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw one today with the Rams taking Shane Ray. Then I read there's no way he can play OLB on NFL.com from a scout.

I think he can play as a 3-4 OLB, which would basically just be a standup pass rushing DE. He doesn't seem to have the lateral quickness to change directions that is needed play a 4-3 OLB.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously watch Amari all year, but I also watched a good bit of White last year too.

They are both good. When they played each other Amari had 130 yards on 12 receptions and 0 TD's, while White had 143 yards on 9 and TD catch that caused our CB that covered him that game to never appear in a game again until the very end of the season against Auburn because his replacement was flat out getting outrun.

White is good, don't get me wrong. But here is the difference:

White had a pretty good QB throwing to him. Alabama had a good QB, but didn't really make the kind of throws Trickett could. White had some great catches, and those catches came because of Trickett putting the ball in those spots where he could get to them. His TD catch against Alabama for example was crazy.

Mauled a good bit by Slyve, but still makes the catch. Great throw as well.

Sims was a pretty good QB, he had a ton of heart and worked hard. But he wasn't honestly making many of those same types of throws. He did on occasion and Amari could get them. But the bulk of the reason Sims did pretty well was that Amari was getting open that much. To the point where all Alabama really needed was a QB that could make good decisions and throw to a wide open receiver.

I don't know which is better, and I'd be biased towards Amari anyway. But I'm pretty amazed at how much Amari was able to get open even while everyone knowing the ball was going to him over and over.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously watch Amari all year, but I also watched a good bit of White last year too.

They are both good. When they played each other Amari had 130 yards on 12 receptions and 0 TD's, while White had 143 yards on 9 and TD catch that caused our CB that covered him that game to never appear in a game again until the very end of the season against Auburn because his replacement was flat out getting outrun.

White is good, don't get me wrong. But here is the difference:

White had a pretty good QB throwing to him. Alabama had a good QB, but didn't really make the kind of throws Trickett could. White had some great catches, and those catches came because of Trickett putting the ball in those spots where he could get to

them. His TD catch against Alabama for example was craz

Mauled a good bit by Slyve, but still makes the catch. Great throw as well.

Sims was a pretty good QB, he had a ton of heart and worked hard. But he wasn't honestly making many of those same types of throws. He did on occasion and Amari could get them. But the bulk of the reason Sims did pretty well was that Amari was getting open that much. To the point where all Alabama really needed was a QB that could make good decisions and throw to a

wide open receiver.

I don't know which is better, and I'd be biased towards Amari anyway. But I'm pretty amazed at how much Amari was able to get open even while everyone knowing the ball was going to him over and over.

The defenses were down in the SEC this year, but being a Bama fan, don't you think Sims and Amari were going up against better defenses?

But it's beside the point, I don't think we should go after either one of them!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defenses were down in the SEC this year, but being a Bama fan, don't you think Sims and Amari were going up against better defenses?

But it's beside the point, I don't think we should go after either one of them!

Probably, but Alabama has a pretty good defense and White did well against us, so I didn't think of it as being a factor too much. We tried to single cover him too much and made him pay. Our CB's last year were a weakness for us however, so I dunno.

I'd pick Amari over White any day of the week, but that doesn't mean much because I'm an Alabama fan.

There are worse places than the Rams that Amari could go to, so I wouldn't mind if he was drafted by the Rams.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but Alabama has a pretty good defense and White did well against us, so I didn't think of it as being a factor too much. We tried to single cover him too much and made him pay. Our CB's last year were a weakness for us however, so I dunno.

I'd pick Amari over White any day of the week, but that doesn't mean much because I'm an Alabama fan.

There are worse places than the Rams that Amari could go to, so I wouldn't mind if he was drafted by the Rams.

Good player, but we don't "need" him, we need offensive lineman, without them, having Cooper is pointless!:(