• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Amari Cooper or Kevin White?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on our No 1 WR we may go after one of these guys if the value is right when we select and they are on the board.

Thoughts?

Who would you rather have as a Ram?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think we will select a WR in the first round, but if that is the route Snisher goes, I would rather have Cooper. I honestly feel that bringing in White will stunt the growth of Austin and Bailey as they were all running buddies at WVU. Cooper is a WINNER and immediately is the #2 WR on the roster. White is talented but inconsistent.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White would challenge and probably replace Quick
Cooper would challenge and probably replace Bailey

I think White has the better upside. My bet would be on oline, though.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would only considered it (precombine) if we lost Britt to FA.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lost Britt I would go for cooper. Although I'd be careful picking a WR in this draft.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would only considered it (precombine) if we lost Britt to FA.

I agree if we lose Britt they will have to consider it. That's why they need to get a deal done with Britt and Barksdale. Think I would take Cooper. Reminds me of Holt.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sold on our No 1 WR we may go after one of these guys if the value is right when we select and they are on the board.

Thoughts?

Who would you rather have as a Ram?

And I think it's a good possibility they both could be there. So much defensive talent guys that can pass rush. Teams usually don't pass on them at the top of the draft. And a CB always sneaks in the top 10 too.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've already gone the WR route, I think we have a good group of WR's now, we need to pick oline in first few rounds PERIOD!

Cooper While good, is not that big, White is 6-3 , but we already have two of those guys, if Britt comes back.

I really wish Denario Alexander would have worked out! He was good to great when he could stay on the field

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think it's a good possibility they both could be there. So much defensive talent guys that can pass rush. Teams usually don't pass on them at the top of the draft. And a CB always sneaks in the top 10 too.

Both will not be there, maybe neither one!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather they not take a WR.

Cooper in all probability will be gone.

I'd rather a trade down and take Parker if they were set on taking a WR.

Still prefer OL myself.

I'm always leery of any player that shoot up boards all of a sudden and White seems to have done that as of late.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to consider any of the top 5, depending on trading down/up whatever. Cooper will likely be gone, but is the safest pick of the the WR class. White may be as (or more) physically talented, but hasn't played at that high level as long as Cooper has. I'm sure most here are familiar in some way with DGB, a true athletic freak in terms of size and speed, and he comes with quite the closet full of skeletons. I actually was hoping the Rams would have a shot at Devante Parker last year, but he didn't declare. He's another talented big receiver. Jaelen Strong would be the 5th guy, likely a 2nd rounder, and a big, physical receiver again.

It all comes down to Brian Quick really. Britt is OK, but the #1 job is really Quick's to lose. Can he build on what he was starting to do last year? Can he recover fully from his injury? The Rams really need someone of Quick/Britt/Bailey to draw double teams and keep the defense honest to fully utilize Tavon. If the defense simply loads up on the offensive line and Tavon can't find space, he's minimized.

Of course, keeping Bradford upright long enough to find these targets is equally important. However, the Rams need to get maximum value out of their early picks, and I'm not sure taking a top 10 LT to move to G or RT is maximizing that value, if you can get an experienced G or RT later. I'm not sure the top C prospects are good fits either, depending on your feelings with Erving. He's arguably the only of the top 3 or 4 that fits the Rams power blocking scheme, but he's limited experience-wise at C.

As far as shooting up draft boards, that all depends on the reasoning. Mock drafts are just guesses by outsiders that aren't making decisions for any real NFL team. How often are these guys right? Judge by your eyes, not the hype.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always leery of any player that shoot up boards all of a sudden and White seems to have done that as of late.
Depends on when and why they shoot up, imo. White is shooting up because people like how he plays. A guy like Cameron Erving is going to shoot up because he is the only RD1 Center prospect and a lot of teams need a Center.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper and its not close! I hope the Jets or the Raiders are dumb enough to draft White and Cooper can fall to us!

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all realize Brit isn't a long term solution? We have yet to have a #1 WR on the team! Cooper is that #1. White is VERY talented. Not trying to disrespect him BUT he's not that true #1 that makes all the plays, takes all the pressure, and still puts up awesome numbers!

We can sill have guys like Bailey and Brit to along side Cooper. But Cooper walks in as a #1. Then we'd have Austin too. Teams would have the plan for the two of them (Which we'd be able to do awesome things with) and then oh yeah... Brit, Bailey, Quick, Cook are all in the rotation too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither. We have greater pressing needs like O-lineman. I can't believe we are discussing this when we all agree that the O-line and the QB are the most pressing needs. You can't do much of anything with a poor O-line and a crappy QB or haven't some you watched anything the past five years.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither. We have greater pressing needs like O-lineman. I can't believe we are discussing this when we all agree that the O-line and the QB are the most pressing needs. You can't do much of anything with a poor O-line and a crappy QB or haven't some you watched anything the past five years.

If we lose Britt to FA and resign Barksdale & Sign a center or Guard in free agency a WR at number 10 might be the best option. Just depends on how Free agency plays out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt is definitely a number one receiver? He's 26 why isnt he long term solution?

At what point in his previous 6 seasons has Britt been a legitimate #1 WR? He has never caught more than 48 passes (career high this past season) for more than 748 yards (again, career high this season). He did manage 9 TDs in 2010, but hasn't topped 4 since. That's an average of 3 catches for 47 yards per game (and those are career highs!). He looks like a #1, but lacks the production. Expecting him to suddenly become a reliable #1 type target in his 7th season is an enormous stretch IMO.

His real value is as a tutor/backup for Quick IMO.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point in his previous 6 seasons has Britt been a legitimate #1 WR? He has never caught more than 48 passes (career high this past season) for more than 748 yards (again, career high this season). He did manage 9 TDs in 2010, but hasn't topped 4 since. That's an average of 3 catches for 47 yards per game (and those are career highs!). He looks like a #1, but lacks the production. Expecting him to suddenly become a reliable #1 type target in his 7th season is an enormous stretch IMO.

His real value is as a tutor/backup for Quick IMO.

He really hasn't had a quarterback to throw it to him. He blew out his knee too so it looks like it is good to go now. I like Cooper but no way he beats out Britt in camp for #1 spot.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't had a 1000 yard receiver since 2008-Tory Holt. If the O-lineman situation gets cleared up then continue to build on Britt's work last year and get Stedman Bailey more involved. On draft day, trade Givens or Pettis for picks.