• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't.

Just like Boogie, the Super Max goes bye bye when he's dealt before he's traded.

If he does sign, he then falls into the Blake category of not being trade eligible until December-ish.

Blake didn't get the Super. But, he got the 5th year.

So if his primary concern is getting a supermax, which is purely speculative, then he isn't going to leave the Spurs until 2020.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chance of LeBron and Kawhi teaming up is actually pretty decent. 35-40%.

They would fit great together. If they make that choice, it would likely be Philly or LA. I can't see anybody else with the pieces and cap space to make that work and still retain a few other pieces.

So, I think there is a chance. It would be the ultimate superteam if it happened.

Either team would be giving up a ton of young talent to put those two together, which makes it a tough call. I would need an iron-clad certificate of health on Kawhi to trade a lot for him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.

I don't see a way around it unless SA refuses. That relationship looks fractured beyond repair.

Kinda like how it seemed Aldridge was a goner last offseason?

As we learned yesterday, Pop is dealing with a lot that may have influenced his comments. The bridge can be repaired.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Kawhi teaming up is interesting, but unlikely.

I'll be surprised if Pop and the Spurs aren't able to work out whatever the issue is. I'm sure all parties are frustrated and we now know that Pop was dealing with something pretty significant.

IF Lebron and Kawhi were to team up, I think it would be because the Spurs were able to land Lebron in FA (no idea about their cap).

Teaming up with the Lakers or Sixers is interesting. They'd have to give up just about their entire young core to do it. But if you can pull off landing those 2...you probably have to. Especially if you can keep one of your top young guys like a Simmons or Ingram.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Kawhi teaming up is interesting, but unlikely.

I'll be surprised if Pop and the Spurs aren't able to work out whatever the issue is. I'm sure all parties are frustrated and we now know that Pop was dealing with something pretty significant.

IF Lebron and Kawhi were to team up, I think it would be because the Spurs were able to land Lebron in FA (no idea about their cap).

Teaming up with the Lakers or Sixers is interesting. They'd have to give up just about their entire young core to do it. But if you can pull off landing those 2...you probably have to. Especially if you can keep one of your top young guys like a Simmons or Ingram.
At first I was on the Kawhi was being a jerk bandwagon, but then when I learned that what he did or appeared to do was to get a second opinion and that the second opinion stated he was NOT ready to play. Having been in that situation, I feel that I must respect that. I was in the situation where the doctor wanted to do a minor surgery on my mother at 84 years - I wanted a second opinion and the second opinion said NO WAY.

So what I am saying is doctors gets it wrong all of the time - that's why Michael Jackson isn't alive today. What happened with Isaiah Thomas seems to support that Leonard did the right thing and I would be extremely surprised if Popovich and Leonard are unable to work things out and conclude the disagreement

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As we learned yesterday, Pop is dealing with a lot that may have influenced his comments. The bridge can be repaired.

No.

Not really at all like that. Not even close. Aldridge played last season. Didn't like his role. Kawhi's issue clearly isn't his role, it isn't how he allegedly feels disrespected by Pop and the organization.

For me, personally, there would be no amount of money that would make me play somewhere where I felt the team didn't have my back. No reason to work in a place where you are miserable when there are ways you can work elsewhere.

If Kawhi feels disrespected, the Super max probably won't matter as much to him as getting out will.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi feels disrespected, the Super max probably won't matter as much to him as getting out will.

While I agree with that, I don't get any indication that Kawhi feels disrespected. He and his posse have been pretty quiet.

And other than Pop, you don't hear a lot of chirping by Spurs management about Kawhi.

I feel that this boils down to Pop thinking that Kawhi should play through the injury and Kawhi not being willing to.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might not have been that - It might be that as Leonard said - He was not ready to play and that he was waiting on his doctor to clear him. The team doctor for the Spurs may have misdiagnosed him just like the team doctors misdiagnosed Isaiah Thomas

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with that, I don't get any indication that Kawhi feels disrespected. He and his posse have been pretty quiet.

And other than Pop, you don't hear a lot of chirping by Spurs management about Kawhi.

I feel that this boils down to Pop thinking that Kawhi should play through the injury and Kawhi not being willing to.
I agree with this and here is the thing: Kawhi could be correct - Popovich isn't a doctor and the team doctor for the Spurs might have been wrong. I still think that they will work it out and move past it this summer though

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I think any comments by Pop can easily be pushed aside if they sit down and talk after the season. Any assumption that Kawhi won't come back is just that, an assumption. Kawhi (and his "group") have been cautious about the injury, but quiet otherwise.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Not really at all like that. Not even close. Aldridge played last season. Didn't like his role. Kawhi's issue clearly isn't his role, it isn't how he allegedly feels disrespected by Pop and the organization.

Aldridge was going to be moved; he wasn't going to leave of his own accord. It seemed that the Spurs and Pop were done with him, but they got together and worked it out. That's the relation to the Kawhi situation IMO.

If Kawhi is trying to protect his payday by sitting out, he has another year to go. That will alienate a lot more teams than just the Spurs.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article is schizophrenic. The Lakers are going to "go in hard" for Kawhi but they won't give up any assets and will just wait until he becomes a FA? WTF?
lol.....ya i kinda got that too

"We are going to go hard after him!"

"We wont trade Kuzma or Ingram since we think we have a shot of signing him!"

uhhh...that is some contradictory bullshit.

Anyway, there are quite a few teams other than the Lakers that could make a better offer.

Boston, Philly, Cleveland--- shit Minnesota could offer a package around Wiggins in a second....maybe even teams like Milwaukee, Washington (I mean- if they offered Beale and a draft pick that would be better than anything LA could offer), -- maybe even the Nuggets or Suns too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kawhi will always be quiet. That is what he does.

The passive aggressive comments by Pop shows there is a disconnect. I agree about your take on the last sentence, but this whole thing has been handled pretty poorly by both sides, IMO. Because it hasn't been handled well, the hard feelings are probably real and not going to be easy to overcome.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi will always be quiet. That is what he does.

The passive aggressive comments by Pop shows there is a disconnect. I agree about your take on the last sentence, but this whole thing has been handled pretty poorly by both sides, IMO. Because it hasn't been handled well, the hard feelings are probably real and not going to be easy to overcome.

I guess. We'll see but unless a team comes in with an absolutely ridiculous offer, I just don't see the Spurs trading him away. It would be almost impossible for them to get his value back.

Now if Kawhi pulls a Kyrie and requests a trade, that's a different story.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. We'll see but unless a team comes in with an absolutely ridiculous offer, I just don't see the Spurs trading him away. It would be almost impossible for them to get his value back.

Now if Kawhi pulls a Kyrie and requests a trade, that's a different story.

That is what I am saying.

I am putting the odds at 90% that Kawhi requests a trade.