• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no doubt. I love RoCo but you trade him in an instant for Kawhi. And I would be fine with giving up the No. 10 pick and Fultz as well if that is what took. But the Sixers may not be as comfortable with it.
Absolutely Philly should be "comfortable" with such a trade... that's highway robbery from their perspective. A bonafide NBA superstar (when healthy) for:
  • A good 3+D guy
  • A rookie who hasn't proven anything yet
  • A good (but not great) draft pick
No brainer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely Philly should be "comfortable" with such a trade... that's highway robbery from their perspective. A bonafide NBA superstar (when healthy) for:
  • A good 3+D guy
  • A rookie who hasn't proven anything yet
  • A good (but not great) draft pick
No brainer.

That's highway robbery, huh? OK, I guess.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's highway robbery, huh? OK, I guess.
I definitely think so.

The NBA is a superstar league... 3+D guys can be found, draft picks (especially when they aren't top) often don't pan out...

You take the proven superstar a billion times out of a billion in such a proposed trade scenario.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think so.

The NBA is a superstar league... 3+D guys can be found, draft picks (especially when they aren't top) often don't pan out...

You take the proven superstar a billion times out of a billion in such a proposed trade scenario.

But Jaylen Brown, Al Horford and a draft pick in the future is a good trade offer?

FTR, Kevin O'Connor was the one who offered that trade idea. Not me.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Jaylen Brown, Al Horford and a draft pick in the future is a good trade offer?
I never said that... because of Horford's age, that sounds like a bad trade offer (from San Antonio's point-of-view) to me.

I assume S.A. would be in rebuild mode if/when they trade Leonard... Horford doesn't fit that at all.
flyerhawk said:
FTR, Kevin O'Connor was the one who offered that trade idea. Not me.
Fair enough.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Kawhi would have to be healthy

This is the biggest reason that kills most of these trade scenarios. I doubt the Spurs give up on a healthy (or even soon to be healthy) Kawhi. The thinly veiled shots by Pop can be fixed (Aldridge came back, right?). This supposed minor injury has killed a year plus of his career. I would need to be absolutely certain this isn't a Brandon Roy situation before giving up Ingram, much less two or more prospects.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually too good an offer if Horford and Brown continue at this pace..................

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leonard had bothered to show up for the playoffs, at least to watch his teammates, the Spurs would have gotten a lot more than they will now

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Leonard had bothered to show up for the playoffs, at least to watch his teammates, the Spurs would have gotten a lot more than they will now

We don't even know if they plan on trading him.

This is all based on Pop throwing shade at Kawhi.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't even know if they plan on trading him.

This is all based on Pop throwing shade at Kawhi.
I mean- at this point- people thought Kawhi would be back weeks and weeks ago. The Spurs doctors cleared him quite a while ago.

Pop has a certain way or running things- and in a way I think has backed himself into a corner. The "Spurs Way" is about a certain commitment to the team and the game. If they make exceptions for Leonard what happens?

Now- I think thats countered by the fact that at the end of last year Alrdidge wanted out- Pop talked to him- and they worked their way through their differencees as Pop said- there was no way we are trading him for 50 cents on the dollar.

I think Pop will try and bridge the gap with Leonard this summer. If Leonard is receptive to Pop's overtures- he will DEFINITELY stay no matter what the offers look like. If Leonard acts like he still is not committed to the team- I think they send him out. I think it just really depends on if Leonard WANTS to be there. IF he doesnt want to be there and is commited to being there- they have to trade him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- at this point- people thought Kawhi would be back weeks and weeks ago. The Spurs doctors cleared him quite a while ago.

Pop has a certain way or running things- and in a way I think has backed himself into a corner. The "Spurs Way" is about a certain commitment to the team and the game. If they make exceptions for Leonard what happens?

Now- I think thats countered by the fact that at the end of last year Alrdidge wanted out- Pop talked to him- and they worked their way through their differencees as Pop said- there was no way we are trading him for 50 cents on the dollar.

I think Pop will try and bridge the gap with Leonard this summer. If Leonard is receptive to Pop's overtures- he will DEFINITELY stay no matter what the offers look like. If Leonard acts like he still is not committed to the team- I think they send him out. I think it just really depends on if Leonard WANTS to be there. IF he doesnt want to be there and is commited to being there- they have to trade him.
Yep.

It's pretty simple.

Here is a 200m Super Max, yay or nay?

If he doesn't take it, they will deal him.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

It's pretty simple.

Here is a 200m Super Max, yay or nay?

If he doesn't take it, they will deal him.

Pretty much. IMO, I think Kawhi legitimately feels that he rushed himself back from previous injuries which has perpetuated the problem and that he wasn't willing to do that this year. Honestly, even if that is based solely on his concern about getting a max contract, can you really blame him?

No matter what this Spurs team was not winning a championship this year even with Kawhi and Kawhi, best case, would only be a fraction of his normal self after missing so much time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Because trades are made based on 2 games.
In fairness, if he was half a decade younger, doesn't Horford fit the Spurs model?

Unselfish, hard working, blue collar guy that just wants to win.

But, at his age and @ 30 mil a season?

They would need to give up so much more than Old AL, Jaylen and a pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, if he was half a decade younger, doesn't Horford fit the Spurs model?

Unselfish, hard working, blue collar guy that just wants to win.

But, at his age and @ 30 mil a season?

They would need to give up so much more than Old AL, Jaylen and a pick.

If Horford was 25 then the conversation would be very different. But he'll be 32 years old in 2 months and he will be paid nearly 60 million dollars over the next 2 seasons. his trade value is limited, to say the least.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Horford was 25 then the conversation would be very different. But he'll be 32 years old in 2 months and he will be paid nearly 60 million dollars over the next 2 seasons. his trade value is limited, to say the least.
Agree 100%

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Because trades are made based on 2 games.

I was just being a smart azz hawk...............i suffer from this at times............

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good.

Great game for Brown last night.

Sixers-Celts rivalry is born

Now for our football woes, I am getting pretty pissed with the stagnation at the Emirates............its just time for a change, a big change

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers-Celts rivalry is born

Now for our football woes, I am getting pretty pissed with the stagnation at the Emirates............its just time for a change, a big change

I'm really torn on the Europa. I really would love to see us win it but I fear that would just give Wenger another year. We just can't have that.