• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make a trade?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 4706. The defense sucks and it's probably going to suck until the young guys are ready. I'd rather the defense suck more than for the offense to suck too.

.... Not that it's been good these days.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four guys awaz proposed to go would be cool especialy the first two. Somehow this is shaping up to be a Hartnall type trade where we are still stuck with some stiffs while we give up a guy who brought consistent energy to the ice like Hartnall. Trading B. Schenn may have the same effect. Ihope I am wrong. I think we miss Scotty on a lot of levels.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four guys awaz proposed to go would be cool especialy the first two. Somehow this is shaping up to be a Hartnall type trade where we are still stuck with some stiffs while we give up a guy who brought consistent energy to the ice like Hartnall. Trading B. Schenn may have the same effect. Ihope I am wrong. I think we miss Scotty on a lot of levels.

:agree:said this on last nights' Wing thread.

I would have loved to have seen how this team would have shaped up,if they had made Hartnell captain.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't move the young guys.

Umberger, lecavalier, MacDonald, Coburn, in that order, I'd be good with moving. Coburn I'm still kinda on the fence. He's worth more than he's played like this season.

If they panic and move coots or schenn for less than they're worth, aka if they move them, I'll be very concerned.

I just don't see a trade that I will like coming down the pipe because those guys suck. so I hope they just ride it out.

NOBODY WANTS UMBERGER, VINNY, A MAC OR COBURN!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Coburns a commodity and A MAC isn't viewed as harshly elsewhere. Edmonton needs D depth so you never know but Philly needs the best dman back. The only other advantage would be opening up cap space or having them take a guy like Umberger. I'd be happy getting a younger dman back with the upside or better of a one of those guys in a cap deal. I think the D of the future would be very strong with that type of move.

I also have more faith that a guy like myers could be a top two dman on this team if not immediately soon. He'd make our future D core stronger in the future. That's why I'd ponder the options I'm judge not sure what Buf is currently looking for. I do agree that Schenn would be tough to move but sometimes you need to make hard decisions to improve a weaker area. Don't forget Raffl is back and can play with G without missing a beat and Laughton looks ready to center the 2/3rd line. Theoretically they could trade Schenn....and may be better for it. maybe there's a better D prospect out there that could be had if this happens?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this "team" today...the only individuals in uniform that are untouchable:
Giroux
Voracek
Coutourier
Simmonds
Laughton

There are no other players in uniform who are not up for grabs. NONE
And, if the offer is there...ALL of them are up for grabs.

IF Zac Rinaldo is still on this roster after this weekend....he has compromising pictures of someone.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo has to be smarter and if he isn't press box. I like his energy but he started the BS today... I really think that a shake up is needed...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really easy to say trade all these guys, but it's really Hard to trade garbage hockey players with bad contracts without sweetening the pot and I don't think that's a good idea. Probably going to have to ride out some of the garbage for a while (umberger/Vinny)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden Schenn is probably the greatest tradable asset the Flyers have right now. If they want to get that dman they need to shop Schenn around IMO.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brayden Schenn is probably the greatest tradable asset the Flyers have right now. If they want to get that dman they need to shop Schenn around IMO.

There are so many problems right now that a good dman in return wont make a real difference. That being said, I saw an article suggesting Read for Larsson. I don't think we need another average dman but at least he has upside. Also saves about $2.5 on cap. I like Read but like so many others, he really isn't earning his keep.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many problems right now that a good dman in return wont make a real difference. That being said, I saw an article suggesting Read for Larsson. I don't think we need another average dman but at least he has upside. Also saves about $2.5 on cap. I like Read but like so many others, he really isn't earning his keep.

True I forgot about Matt Read. Larson isn't a very good defensive defenseman tho. I would go after a defensive defenseman like how the Habs went after Bryan Allen. You could get those type of dmen without giving up too much and I think those are the type of dmen the Flyers really need right now.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DarrenDreger: Mark Messier scouting for the Oilers this afternoon at MSG as Rangers thumped the Flyers 5-2. Hextall vows patience, but things are tough...

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is hot garbage. So many horrible contracts/secondary players who just don't perform. The young players have not taken the next step. It can't always be the Giroux and Voracek line. They are the only play makers on this team. Not a single other player Simmonds, Schenn, Couts, Read, Raffl or Vinny can do it. Almost makes me want to break up Giroux and Voracek so you can have 2 quality lines. Go out and get another offensively skilled player to play with Giroux. Move Voracek down to play with Laughton on the second line.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Braydon Coburn and Matt Read for David Perron and Jeff Petry - it gives the Flyers a righty shot and a tenacious, hard-working winger who could possibly play with G and Jake

Besides the Flyers were much better without Braydon Coburn - and it gets the Flyers out of Matt Read's contract too which ain't looking so hot right now

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Braydon Coburn and Matt Read for David Perron and Jeff Petry - it gives the Flyers a righty shot and a tenacious, hard-working winger who could possibly play with G and Jake

Besides the Flyers were much better without Braydon Coburn - and it gets the Flyers out of Matt Read's contract too which ain't looking so hot right now

I thInk I'd be good with that. Don't know a lot about petry though.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I missed a lot while I was gone for a few days. Da Fuq is it with this team? How long till a thread gets posted for "tanking for McDavid" goes up? Emery and Mason have no support and it's a shame that the our goaltending is decent.