• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make a trade?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to cut my eyes out if we trade for Petry or any other middle defender. Stop trying to compete in the moment.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams (Buffalo, Edmonton) that A MAc and Coburn would be welcome additions and improvements to their overall blue line corps/depth. That is not to say that there are not individuals on both teams that might be an improvement on either A MAc or Coburn in the right circumstances....

That said, if the right deal was there I would take it. This years draft is supposed to be really deap, not just McDavid and Eichel, and at both forward and defense. The more picks the Flyers have the better. That and getting cap relief, not just this year but from the term of a contract would be a welcome change.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Mackenzie reporting they want B.Scheen ,and Hextall wants Petry thrown in.

Trading BSchenn at this point would just be silly.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams (Buffalo, Edmonton) that A MAc and Coburn would be welcome additions and improvements to their overall blue line corps/depth. That is not to say that there are not individuals on both teams that might be an improvement on either A MAc or Coburn in the right circumstances....

That said, if the right deal was there I would take it. This years draft is supposed to be really deap, not just McDavid and Eichel, and at both forward and defense. The more picks the Flyers have the better. That and getting cap relief, not just this year but from the term of a contract would be a welcome change.

If any deal were out there for A Mac I would jump it. 5 more years at $5,000,000 is a killer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't really have a universal rumor thread so I'll bump this. Dredger making it sound like the Oilers are really pushing for a center. Maybe they want Vinny. :D

sticky-ing this as the 'trade rumor thread'

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flyers are trading for defense then Edmonton ain't the team to be trading with

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few people are against obtaining Myers in a trade....why? Just curious especially if the price is right.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few people are against obtaining Myers in a trade....why? Just curious especially if the price is right.

Tyler Myers comes with a $5.5 million per year cap hit. Right now the Flyers only have $591,667 in cap space. Flyers will have to dump at least $4,908,333 in salary. Sabres are unlikely to want contracts like that of RJ Umberger or Vincent Lacavalier, so they'll have part with a top end prospect(s) and/or top end talent. Is it worth it for Tyler Myers?

:noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Doobs, if we could somehow get rid of Umberger and Vinny and get someone of value in return, that would be the trade I'd support. But I think I am wishing way too hard because as Chy stated earlier, nobody wants Vinny and I doubt if anyone wants either player.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Doobs, if we could somehow get rid of Umberger and Vinny and get someone of value in return, that would be the trade I'd support. But I think I am wishing way too hard because as Chy stated earlier, nobody wants Vinny and I doubt if anyone wants either player.

I think they could dump Umberger in about a year or 2, but Vinny probably stays for 2-3 more seasons unless a miracle happens.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Twitter McKenzie said on pregame the Oilers are interested in Berglund and Schenn

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Twitter McKenzie said on pregame the Oilers are interested in Berglund and Schenn

I know it's a lot but if they wanted Brayden Schenn I'd ask for David Perron and Jeff Petry at the least

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a lot but if they wanted Brayden Schenn I'd ask for David Perron and Jeff Petry at the least

I'm in no rush to move Schenn, but I'd be fine with swapping him for one of Edmonton's wingers. That includes Yakupov. Really think if Nail was on our 1st line instead of the mess in Edmonton he'd be tearing it up

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch a headcase like yakupov...Schenns a safer bet and good kid. He really can't do any wrong on the first line anyway.

I still think they need to upgrade D and myers isn't a bad target. I could see him being a top four for a long time and 5.5 isn't insane money. A few years ago he looked good and was untouchable I just think he's demoralized in buf. They just need buf to take some salary back which they easily could. Maybe AMAC or Coburn get younger...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't move the young guys.

Umberger, lecavalier, MacDonald, Coburn, in that order, I'd be good with moving. Coburn I'm still kinda on the fence. He's worth more than he's played like this season.

If they panic and move coots or schenn for less than they're worth, aka if they move them, I'll be very concerned.

I just don't see a trade that I will like coming down the pipe because those guys suck. so I hope they just ride it out.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch a headcase like yakupov...Schenns a safer bet and good kid. He really can't do any wrong on the first line anyway.

I still think they need to upgrade D and myers isn't a bad target. I could see him being a top four for a long time and 5.5 isn't insane money. A few years ago he looked good and was untouchable I just think he's demoralized in buf. They just need buf to take some salary back which they easily could. Maybe AMAC or Coburn get younger...

I just don't think Myers would be worth the cost. (Which I am guessing would be Schenn and possibly picks) The problem with trading for any defenseman that isn't a #1 is that they just aren't going to fix the defense. Trading for a guy like Myers or Petry might look good on paper but the defense will still suck while we lose the offense from whoever we traded.

That is why I'm on the Trade Coburn boat. The defense will suck with or without him. We aren't competing. Just get some future assets for him.