• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Movies You've Ever Seen

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kingdom of the .Crystal Skull literally made me angry as I exited the theater. Not sure it is actually the worst movie ever, but when you factor in expectations, it is certainly on my short list.

While I have not seen it, The Dark Tower kinda deserves a mention as well. I REALLY wanted this movie to be good, but all the reviews have been so bad, I have decided not to even watch it.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst movie I've ever seen? The list is short but distinguished.

Dude Where's My Car
Master of Disguise
Meet the Parents
Battlefield Earth

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kingdom of the .Crystal Skull literally made me angry as I exited the theater. Not sure it is actually the worst movie ever, but when you factor in expectations, it is certainly on my short list.

While I have not seen it, The Dark Tower kinda deserves a mention as well. I REALLY wanted this movie to be good, but all the reviews have been so bad, I have decided not to even watch it.

30 posts to get to this back-alley abortion.

This is the only movie I can think of, that I was genuinely angry after watching. It makes episode 1 of Star Wars look like the greatest cinematic achievement of all-time, and that thing is a steaming turd.

giphy.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a hard pick. Dumb and Dumber would be close to the top of my list. Meet the Parents could not even be saved by Deniro. Ben Stiller movies are just shit, period.

But, maybe the worst movie I ever saw was Wolf Creek.

It was boring, pointless, flat, didn't give a shit about any of the characters in it.

Just an awful attempt at cheap jump scare tactics that elicited nothing but yawns of indifference.

Grandpa, is that you?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and son love "Twister". It's a movie they watch repeatedly because they love it; therefore, I have been exposed to repeated viewings. Each time I've watched it, I've hated it exponentially more than the last time.

The first time I watched it, I was admittedly enthused/mesmerized by the neat tornado special effects. Subsequent viewings enlightened me to the sheer vomit-inducing awfulness of the acting, storytelling and plot. I don't know if it's the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's the movie that instantly came to mind.

My experience with Twister is similar to yours... Loved it in the theater the first time I saw it and like it less and less every time I see it.

So your dad was killed by a tornado when you were a little girl, so you feel the need to walk into one?

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good movie, however the worst movies I ever saw, in order.
1. The Thin Red Line
2. Electra Glide in Blue
3. Vanishing Point

At least The Conqueror had John Wayne in it.

The Vanishing Point inclusion made me chuckle. I saw that movie as a teen and thought it was fantastic. Saw it a couple years ago and was shocked at what a stupid, awful movie it was.

The worst movie I've ever seen was "Children of Men." I can't imagine why anyone read the script and decided to invest money in that. Saw the latest planet of the apes over the weekend. It was in the neighborhood. Really awful movie.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also throw in....

Hereafter
After Earth

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vanishing Point inclusion made me chuckle. I saw that movie as a teen and thought it was fantastic. Saw it a couple years ago and was shocked at what a stupid, awful movie it was.

I hear ya...shit I watched as a young person, I thought was awesome. Watch the same movie as a critical-thinking adult, I'm like 'WTF was I thinking?'

As a result, I don't watch nearly as many movies anymore. Most of them, it's because my kids want to see them. I took my son to see Guardians 2 and just went in with no expectations re: plot, storyline, dialogue. Just enjoyed the potty humor and shit blowing up

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011)

I was so excited for that movie. Dragged the whole family to see it. I had accepted that there wasn't going to be any kind of James Bond style action, that it was going to be a more "talky" spy movie. I still expected there to be something by way of a comprehensible plot. There wasn't.

I know it got good reviews, and I honestly cannot understand why.

And BTW, i HAVE seen "Plan 9 from Outer Space," the Ed Wood anti-classic often thought of as the worst film of all time. I thought TTSS was less entertaining.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm serious. After about 30 minutes, the wife and I walked out of Meet the Parents. We tried it again on video, but only lasted 45 before we turned it off. Just about everyone I know loves the movie, but it just wasn't funny to me (or the bride).

And I'll second @poprocksncoke 's mention of After Earth. It was awful.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, Holy hell.

I guess stuff being TOTALLY subjective is admirably illustrated by this thread.

Blade Runner and Children of Men being mentioned as two of the worst movies EVER?

They're both among the 10 best sci-fi movies EVER MADE.

Different strokes I guess.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When "Blade Runner" came out in the 80s, my dad and I went to see it. We both hated it and were talking to each other about walking out, but decided to watch it to the end and suffer the consequences. About five minutes after we decided to stay, a guy gets up and shouts, "This movie sucks!" and begins walking out. Someone in the theater shouts back, "No, you suck!" Well, at that point, the two guys start throwing F bombs back and forth, people are laughing, and my dad turns to me and says, "Wow, this is better than the movie."

*wow* I liked it lot even then.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armageddon - Completely unrealistic