• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worried...

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Guys...been a while since I posted. Lots of stuff going on...

I've been a Cardinal fan my entire life and have developed a bizarre sense around the Cardinals and the game of football, and I'm getting the real, uncomfortable vibe that the career of Carson Palmer is over...

I pray that I'm wrong... I just don't like what I'm feeling about his nerve injury. My wife is an operating nurse, I know many people in the medical field, and this just doesn't feel right to me. I think there is something more wrong here than we are being led to believe.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But aren't nerve injuries wacky things? I had one (not in the same place, so I know there are differences) and it was a nagging thing for a while and then it just got better really quickly. Sometimes I reaggravate it, but (knock on wood) it's been about 5 years since I have.

There is an air of mystery about it though.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the prospect of losing Palmer really worthy of worry? You guys have a pretty strong team. Seems to me that upgrading the QB, not worrying about Palmer's shoulder, ought to be your biggest worry. :2cents:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is our best option short-term by far. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for the next 2 years while being more familiar with Arians's offense and with a much improved O-Line this season. He actually put up some big numbers last year... sure he had a couple dud games here and there but for the most part he was pretty solid.

Stanton is decent but we're not going anywhere with him this year. It would be a devastating blow this year if we lost him. Long term, I think we needed to find a QB anyways and it would've probably been in this upcoming draft. Now they could look to free agency or trade if Palmer's injury is serious.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerve injuries heal at unpredictable rates. I have personal experience with a nerve injury. May 2013, I injured my Ulnar nerve in my left elbow. I had fallen asleep on the couch for the night with my arm fully extended and my weight on it for 6+ hours. Needless to say, I woke up with a tingling dead arm. Well the tingling & numbness never went away in my ring finger, pinky, & part of my palm. I also notice a slight pain on the inside(when my arm was extended palm up) part of my elbow. I went to the doctor & was told I had bruised my Ulnar nerve. I was told it could take up to 6-8 weeks before it returned to normal. After 6 weeks of anti-inflammatory meds, nightly alternating hot/cold wraps, & sleeping with it in a sling, it returned to normal.

Moral of the story is that when nerves are injured, especially locations that aren't frequently Known to get injured, the recovery time can be unknown or inexact.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer is our best option short-term by far. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do for the next 2 years while being more familiar with Arians's offense and with a much improved O-Line this season. He actually put up some big numbers last year... sure he had a couple dud games here and there but for the most part he was pretty solid.

Stanton is decent but we're not going anywhere with him this year. It would be a devastating blow this year if we lost him. Long term, I think we needed to find a QB anyways and it would've probably been in this upcoming draft. Now they could look to free agency or trade if Palmer's injury is serious.

I don't agree with that. Stanton has been well tested thus far. Winning at NY in the Giants home opener, then beating SF a team we haven't beat in years is pretty impressive. He has been hit hard and dropped a few times, and he just keeps going. Combine that with how much better our Oline looks this year and I think the offense will be fine. The more worrisome thing to me is if Stanton goes down. Then we are dead.

BTW- I'm not saying Palmer isn't the better option, I just feel Stanton has done nothing to make me think he can't get the job done.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cakes. Good to see you.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby.... let's be honest with ourselves here. Do you think Stanton will be a Super Bowl winning QB? As much talent as we have around him we're going to need experience and that's where Palmer comes in. He's battle tested and can make some big throws. I'm not saying Stanton hasn't done a terrific job filling in, because he has, but I have my doubts about him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton does a very good job at what they ask him to do which is essentially protect the football. Don't put the defense in a bad spot. He makes a few plays here and there for the team but overall make sure the team lives to see another day kind of thing.

Bronco players have been asked about the tape between Palmer and Stanton and they have said they both are very similar in they like to throw from the pocket. They have noticed the Cardinals haven't fully opened up the playbook to Stanton though which makes sense to protect your back up with making sure to use plays they are comfortable with. So it does limit the team a bit but not enough to make a huge difference in the game.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scooby.... let's be honest with ourselves here. Do you think Stanton will be a Super Bowl winning QB? As much talent as we have around him we're going to need experience and that's where Palmer comes in. He's battle tested and can make some big throws. I'm not saying Stanton hasn't done a terrific job filling in, because he has, but I have my doubts about him.

I agree Palmer is the better option. But I'm not so sure Palmer is capable of being a Super Bowl winning quarterback either. Regardless, I agree, I would rather see Palmer in there starting. But I like what I've seen from Stanton thus far. I'm sure a bit of my Homerisim is contributing to my rationale.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nerve injuries are varied among person to person. One individual could heal overnight with the right treatment while others may take longer than expected. It is quite possible that the injury could lead to an extended duration on the bench but I doubt it is serious. It would have been nice to get him back for this game but we will just have to make due with Stanton. As long as he continues to avoid turning the ball over, we will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read today they have figured out there is no structural damage so the only thing now is just waiting for the nerve to wake up. Bronco fans are pretty familiar with Nerve injuries as essentially that is what Peyton had to deal with. His was far more damaged than Palmer's so I wouldn't expect it to take a full year just to finally heal. Like others have said it is hard to gauge how long it will take as everybody is a bit different. I would guess give him a couple more weeks off and he should be good to go.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton has earned a little respect. He's been more than a game manager. In the SF game, he made more than a few monster passes in the clutch. Until he gives me a reason not to be, I am cautiously confident in the guy.

Still want Palmer back though. I think I'd almost rather have Stanton with a terrible O-line, but with the Cards now giving the QB better protection, Palmer would excel. We all saw the difference in QB play last year when he was under pressure (one of the worst in the league) and when he wasn't (one of the best).

I would think the Cards playbook would open more a little each week with Stanton. Expect to see some different things this week.