• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2024 Spring Training Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodruff goes back to Brewers.

Snell has an offer from the Yankees.
Trout is publicly pushing the Angels to sign free agents.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout as he ages is losing more and more leverage

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering why Coleman, Scherzer, Mahle and deGrom haven't officially been placed on the 60-day yet.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wondering why Coleman, Scherzer, Mahle and deGrom haven't officially been placed on the 60-day yet.
Maybe waiting to see who emerges from ST that needs a roster spot or via trade if we unload a young CF

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corbin Burnes and Clay Holmes are listed as top possibilities for the Rangers to pursue in free agency next offseason.

They should be focused on pitching for this season. The rotation could use another starter and the BP could use another couple guys. Next year doesn't happen until next year and would be greatly affected by how the injured guys do this year when they return.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be focused on pitching for this season. The rotation could use another starter and the BP could use another couple guys. Next year doesn't happen until next year and would be greatly affected by how the injured guys do this year when they return.
Well, those guys at SI have to put out some kind of content. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Those who watched Cole Winn liked what they saw from the right-hander. The 2018 first-rounder was around the plate and induced a lot of soft contact. A tweak he said he made with the leg lift late last season and over the winter is noticeable.

Josh Sborz faced off against 2023 first-rounder Wyatt Langford and came away impressed. Sborz said Langford hit a grounder at 105 mph that might have gone for a hit and later connected for a sure single off a slider.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have learned down through the years that often folks who like a player more than is reasonable to, will say they think the player is more valuable to the Rangers than to other teams. I think the first time I heard this reasoning used was with Romeo, regarding Kinsler. I have probably used the same faulty reasoning myself at some point.

I think if a certain player filled a need for the Rangers and no other team had a similar need, then that reasoning could be rightly used, but those situations are few and far between.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a long season last year and a short offseason so wonder if Heim starts on a short IL stintt wonder how it affects pitching as well

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant's question and answer column:

Can you envision a scenario arising where both Foscue and Langford make the team, and Leody gets traded? #EvanHelpUs
— Texas Star Saddles (@TexasStarSaddle) February 19, 2024
ME: Yes, and I think I’ve theorized about that. If Justin Foscue and Wyatt Langford hit this spring and the starting pitching remains worrisome, I absolutely could envision a scenario where the Rangers consider making Leody Taveras and/or Ezequiel Duran available for a pitcher. You could play Langford daily in left with Evan Carter in center and Foscue at DH. It does kind of eliminate the ability to get Adolis García off his feet once a week, though you could always play Travis Jankowksi in right against a right-hander, sit Foscue and let García DH. Since Jankowski and Carter are both left-handed hitters, I’m not sure the options are as attractive if you want to give Carter a day off against lefties.

I like the idea of Foscue taking a deeper dive on first base, too. Would give him another potential way to work his way into the lineup against say a lefty with a good fastball. That’s a real weakness for Nathaniel Lowe. The question on that end is: If you play Foscue against a lefty and sit Lowe, who is the right-handed bat to fill-in at DH? Probably Duran, if he’s on the roster.

But absolutely, I think it’s important for the Rangers to consider. They have a position of depth (outfield). They have a position of need at starting pitching. If everything goes well, the next step is to identify a partner with inverse strengths and weaknesses or one in a rebuild that has a controllable starting pitcher available. Dylan Cease is an obvious target. Shane Bieber, only controllable for 2024, is another. There will be other possibilities.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a long season last year and a short offseason so wonder if Heim starts on a short IL stintt wonder how it affects pitching as well
Jeff Wilson wrote a few weeks ago that Jon Gray in particular, along with other pitchers, really like pitching to Huff.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant's question and answer column:

ME: Yes, and I think I’ve theorized about that. If Justin Foscue and Wyatt Langford hit this spring and the starting pitching remains worrisome, I absolutely could envision a scenario where the Rangers consider making Leody Taveras and/or Ezequiel Duran available for a pitcher. You could play Langford daily in left with Evan Carter in center and Foscue at DH. It does kind of eliminate the ability to get Adolis García off his feet once a week, though you could always play Travis Jankowksi in right against a right-hander, sit Foscue and let García DH. Since Jankowski and Carter are both left-handed hitters, I’m not sure the options are as attractive if you want to give Carter a day off against lefties.

I like the idea of Foscue taking a deeper dive on first base, too. Would give him another potential way to work his way into the lineup against say a lefty with a good fastball. That’s a real weakness for Nathaniel Lowe. The question on that end is: If you play Foscue against a lefty and sit Lowe, who is the right-handed bat to fill-in at DH? Probably Duran, if he’s on the roster.

But absolutely, I think it’s important for the Rangers to consider. They have a position of depth (outfield). They have a position of need at starting pitching. If everything goes well, the next step is to identify a partner with inverse strengths and weaknesses or one in a rebuild that has a controllable starting pitcher available. Dylan Cease is an obvious target. Shane Bieber, only controllable for 2024, is another. There will be other possibilities.
Leody should be traded. He is not justified blocking Fosque.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Wilson wrote a few weeks ago that Jon Gray in particular, along with other pitchers, really like pitching to Huff.
Not saying it's not true but what else would they say.