• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2024 Spring Training Thread

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, go ahead and do something else dumb like put Seager on the 60 and do the same thing. Throw it all away. What a joke.
you always overreact. take a chill pill. and i never mentioned Seager, why do you?

First, Carson Coleman must be on the roster for the last 90 days so his return to the 26-man roster will have to be before the 18th of June and remain on the 26-man roster for the rest of the season. so it should easy to find the low man of the totem pole in the relievers to get sent down.

Second, Max Scherzer is also expected to return in June or early July. if he immediately steps into the rotation then he should replace the lowest starter stats wise, and that individual should either shift to the pen (which means choosing the worst reliever stats wise) or if he has options left sent down to AAA.

Third, Tyler Mahle is expected to return sometime in June, July or August. Same scenario exist as for Scherzer.

and finally, fourth, Jacob deGrom is expected to return in August or September. Same scenario just more difficult on who gets moved off the rotation and to the relief core etc.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we should just leave them on the 60 until the end of the season so that no one has to make a decision that's going to upset any fans
I didn't mention the 60 day DL or not pitching them this season. I didn't mention any fans being upset or the need to keep that from happening.

You always overreact and twist things. Take a chill pill and quit responding in a non-sensical way.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they look great, but I would hate to have them in the pen to start the season with how thin we are in the rotation. I would much rather see them putting up great numbers in AAA until we need a starter. Now, if we do actually get a couple of starters back in July, I might see things differently, but then we probably won't have room for them in the pen since Heaney and Bradford, and maybe Gray, move to the pen.

It would be great to see them forcing that decision to be made though.
Sounds like a Kent needs for this year to be in the pen to limit his innings

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“I don’t think Langford sees the majors right away, but I’ll be surprised if he’s not up by the All-Star break.” - Keith Law

Really? It’s a foregone conclusion that Langford is Major League ready. Do these writers say this stuff to hedge their predictions in case he doesn’t make the club out of spring training just to say “See I was right”.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Sandler mentioned something this morning that I have been thinking about for several weeks. He mentioned that Scherzer, Mahle, and deGrom might not be their usual selves when they get back from injury.

That is why it shouldn't be a certainty who will go to the pen when they come back. I do think, with the decision makers, it is a certainty though.
Maybe these guys do pen work or piggyback. It takes time to stretch out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe these guys do pen work or piggyback. It takes time to stretch out
Yeah, there is about 100 different things that could happen between now and then.

The gist of what Jared was saying is that the three injured guys may not look like themselves for awhile. DeGrom may not look like himself before 2025.

There is also the possibility than at least one of them doesn't make it back. If they do, who knows how long they will stay healthy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I don’t think Langford sees the majors right away, but I’ll be surprised if he’s not up by the All-Star break.” - Keith Law

Really? It’s a foregone conclusion that Langford is Major League ready. Do these writers say this stuff to hedge their predictions in case he doesn’t make the club out of spring training just to say “See I was right”.
I am not sure about Law, but it seems our local guys think a lot higher of Taveras than some of us do. Newberg is not in that camp though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is, if he needs to come up and start for us it would be early in the season.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2021 he went from a lost 2020 to pitching 89 innings. I think he could safely throw 120 innings this year, maybe a little more.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure about Law, but it seems our local guys think a lot higher of Taveras than some of us do. Newberg is not in that camp though.
I like Newberg is now out of mainstream beat guys. Less politics IMO
Back to the good ole days

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2021 he went from a lost 2020 to pitching 89 innings. I think he could safely throw 120 innings this year, maybe a little more.
Yeah maybe just have him ready to go 1/2 season if an injury happens. They can alway move him to pen later if innings is an issue

Interested how he pans out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players across the league are really unhappy about the new Nike/Fanatics uniforms.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had about 80 pages less in this offseason's thread than in the previous one. Of course, we had a lot less news during this last one.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLB.com

What is Spring Breakout?
Spring Breakout is a new Major League Baseball initiative aimed at showcasing the game’s young talent during the Spring Training period. Sixteen contests will be held across Arizona and Florida -- the Reds and Cardinals will play a pair each because of the uneven number of clubs in each state -- as part of the series. Twelve of the 16 games will be played as part of a traditional doubleheader with the Major League Spring Training game that day.

When are the games, and how can I watch?
All Breakout games will be held between March 14-17 across the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues, and the majority will be televised through MLB.com, MLB Network or regional sports networks. The full schedule is below, with broadcast channels included in parentheses. Broadcast details and game times are subject to change.

Thursday, March 14
• Reds @ Rangers, 6:05 p.m. ET/3:05 p.m. PT* (TBD)

Who is eligible to play?
Each roster will be constructed using MLB Pipeline’s Top 30 Prospects list as its foundation. That means that players with rookie eligibility entering the 2024 season -- most of whom will come directly from those Top 30s -- can crack their club’s Spring Breakout roster. Major League rookie eligibility is defined as any player who has not yet exceeded 130 at-bats, 50 innings pitched or 45 total regular-season days on an active roster at the game’s top level. So even players with Major League experience could participate in Spring Breakout if added to their respective rosters, which will include 23-27 players per club.

Full Spring Breakout rosters will be revealed March 7 at 11 a.m. ET on MLB Network.
Are there any special Spring Breakout rules?
Indeed! Let’s break them down by categories:
Length: Each Spring Breakout game will last seven innings, unless it is not part of a doubleheader and both teams agree to extend the contest to nine frames. The Padres and Mariners have already approved this for their March 15 matchup. There are no extra innings, so games can end in a tie.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my early guess for the Opening Day roster.

Eovaldi
Dunning
Gray
Bradford
Heaney

Leclerc
Sborz
Robertson
Yates
Hernandez
Burke
Anderson